What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ✨ R9 Fri - Wests Tigers 30-4 Panthers @ Suncorp

Round 9: Wests Tigers v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bazal

Post Whore
Matulinos been pretty good. He isnt the monster that he was 5 years ago but hes an excellent defender, does his hit ups and makes very few errors.

Packers first 6 weeks last year were phenonomal, then he injured his knee and has been generally terrible since then. What he does is ok, its just that he seems to do everything possible to not take a hit up.

Yeah look neither is what you'd call awful, but the talk from some of these muppets was ludicrous. Some quite literally wanted BA sacked purely for not signing Packer because they believed he would have halted our dire start to last year...

No offence, but the money they're on is way above their actual output and I'm glad we didn't sign them for it.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Yeah look neither is what you'd call awful, but the talk from some of these muppets was ludicrous. Some quite literally wanted BA sacked purely for not signing Packer because they believed he would have halted our dire start to last year...

No offence, but the money they're on is way above their actual output and I'm glad we didn't sign them for it.

Packer is on massive overs, and for what he’s being paid is awful. Kelly Egan said we’re paying Matulino $450k, which I think is reasonable enough.

Again like I said in Ivan’s defence, he had to pay that sort of money to get any name player to the club. Otherwise we’d probably have Mitchell Allgood and Korbin Simms as our starting props.

TheFrog

Coach
Didn't he also sign, give or take, Reynolds for 800k, Mbye for 900k, Packer for 700k and Matulino for about 500k?

All up that's the worst recruiting in history.
If the Tigers have to pay that money for those players it explains why they haven't made the finals in close to a decade.

Pamfers on the other hand
I'll never understand why they had to sack Hook. Third place this time last year, soon to be first, with a roster no better than the current one.

The unknown

Juniors
If the Tigers have to pay that money for those players it explains why they haven't made the finals in close to a decade.

Desperation signings if anything after losing our best junior that's come through the system (Tedesco) and Woods, Moses.

I believe our squads from 2012-2016 were talented enough to make the finals however failed from incompetent coaching (Ie playing Rankin over JAC and persisting with Lovett in the centres lol)

We've fixed the coaching situation as I believe Madge is the right man for the job but we've still got a bit to go in the recruitment game.

Latest posts