What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ASHES: 2nd Test Australia v England, Lords Aug 14-18

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
If anyone tells me again that Warner is a great fielder I will smash an OLED over their head.

He can't catch and has hit the stumps once in about 900 attempts. Running fast and getting your pants dirty doesn't make you a good fielder.

Bazal

Post Whore
Bit of a difference between a kid moving to Australia with his family when he's 10 and guy 18 years old+ using his father's passport to play for England, a country he never lived in, after representing the West Indies throughout junior levels.

Archer is a classless, weak, greedy, glory hunting merkin and the ECB are true to their pathetic being for bending their own rules to facilitate him.

I don't agree with England bending their own rules at all, but IIRC Archer was playing in England during one of the many implosions of WI cricket boards due to absolute nepotism and mismanagement and decided f**k those guys, I need to make a living. Like a lot of their players have.

They also mismanaged Archer himself. They ducked him around as a kid and then snubbed him for national honours. Joel Garner had this to say when asked about it during the WC...

The only disappointing thing I would say on the whole issue is we had people that made mistakes at home.

“That is why he is here, playing for England.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ex...d-Cricket-World-Cup-Joel-Garner-exclusive/amp

So yeah, I agree it's pretty shit and desperate of England to change their own rules for him but for Archer it was a lot more than just being money hungry

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Still an absolute failure of leadership.

Booing him during play is pretty lame but there's nothing wrong with it.

Booing him when he's half conscious is a toothless dog act

No Australian crowd would boo a returning batsman from a knock. Someone like Kohli would almost certainly get a standing ovation here in similar circumstances. The poms have less class than an Australian crowd which is saying something

hineyrulz

Post Whore
No Australian crowd would boo a returning batsman from a knock. Someone like Kohli would almost certainly get a standing ovation here in similar circumstances. The poms have less class than an Australian crowd which is saying something
I remember the standing ovation an unlikeable fat turd Grahame Smith got when he came out with a broken finger.

Class stakes - uncouth Aussies >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mighty mighty Ungerlund.

Bazal

Post Whore
I remember the standing ovation an unlikeable fat turd Grahame Smith got when he came out with a broken finger.

Class stakes - uncouth Aussies >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mighty mighty Ungerlund.

100%. One thing we do respect is toughness and a bloke digging in for his country. A guy like Graeme Smith is a prime example... Not many Aussies liked him, but we damn sure respected him as tough bastard of an opponent.

Not the hygiene challenged chavs over in England but. They'd boo an orphan

With the time remaining we probably can’t chase anymore than 180-200, even that’ll be tough. Ideally we need them out before lunch or just after.

Interesting to see if they push for victory.

Canard

Immortal
Possibly the most tense drawn test I've watched.

Poor form from Archer not to check on Smith and even cracking a smile and a giggle. Hopefully this is just his moment in the sun like Sharma vs Ponting in 2008.

Oh yeah and to the crowd booing everything, I'm sorry you have to live on that shitty f**king island.

What is it with our national psyche that we have to contrive a villain in order to get some motivation?

Hutty1986

Immortal
So yet more dropped aussie catches and non-reviews costing us wickets. We started well with the ball but with Smith in bother, anything over 150 will be too much for these duds. The last few wicket runs the poms made in the first innings will prove to be crucial. Unless our top 3 magically develop a bit of ticker, the poms have a big chance of winning this

Latest posts