What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ASHES: 2nd Test Australia v England, Lords Aug 14-18

jezmond

Juniors
Tim Paine’s shot was absolutely unforgivable IMO, he’s been out caught at square leg so many times playing those uncontrolled pull shots. It’s a glaring weakness in his game and really dumb cricket.

I’d prefer we drop Bancroft over Warner for the next test. Bancroft’s technique is completely out of sorts and a test match at Headingley is not the place to figure it out.

Also the Root catch was not out. Terrible decision.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
To defend Bancroft I thought he looked like a test cricketer last night. The ball he got was verging on unplayable

Bancroft is one of the few batsmen in the country who has a record of batting long. He might be the only guy in history with 2 550 + ball innings in shield cricket and only one of four with a 600 + ball innings

Maybe his footwork just won’t be able to transition to the faster bowlers in test cricket but I have a feeling he will just carve up domestic again if he gets dropped

To defend Bancroft I thought he looked like a test cricketer last night. The ball he got was verging on unplayable

Bancroft is one of the few batsmen in the country who has a record of batting long. He might be the only guy in history with 2 550 + ball innings in shield cricket and only one of four with a 600 + ball innings

Maybe his footwork just won’t be able to transition to the faster bowlers in test cricket but I have a feeling he will just carve up domestic again if he gets dropped

He’s an old school opener for sure, but he can’t just rely on batting time. 10 tests now without a ton, averaging 26.

He may just have missed his last chance for a while.