What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ASHES: 4th Test Australia v England, Old Trafford Sept 4-9

undertaker

Coach
Keep rubbing a 15 over old ball, it ain't going to reverse swing at this stage, unless you can pinch one of Marcus Trescothick's breath mints.

Funny how the Poms accused Pakistan of cheating with reverse swing during the early '90s (IIRC, Botham had to pay a massive legal bill after losing a court case he tried to file against Imran Khan), but then when they were able to hoop the old ball like a boomerang during the 2005 Ashes, it was suddenly an amazing piece of cheating....oops, sorry, I meant skill.

And since that 2005 series, they haven't been able to extract anywhere near the same amount of reverse swing

undertaker

Coach
Some of these bouncers are going WAY above head height.....can the square leg umpire at least have the balls to call it a wide? What a joke.

jargan83

Coach
That last ball was 90mph, has Jofra Archer decided to pull his finger out and actually have a go.

Smiffy reminds me of me years ago in under 16s when I was tearing teams up left right and centre scoring hundreds, club champion, player of the comp

Except he's doing it an international level. In test matches. In the Ashes. Away from Australia. With the series on the line. And the hopes of an entire nation squarely on his shoulders.

some11

Referee
This is pretty much the coronation of Steve Smith.

Scoring so many runs he's probably giving those people thinking of booing a reality check as you'll just look like a dickhead at this point.