What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Canterbury Cup NSW & U20 Jersey Flegg

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Sharks, Panthers, Eels as always.

Speaking as a Parra fan I can't see us challenging the title. A lot of our best 20's talent: Brown, Utoikamanu, Kaufusi, Parry, Dunster, Schneider will be playing the year in ISP or Firsts. And I believe some of our better 20's players in: Taipari, Fonua, and Noel Aukafolau are injured for the first few months of the season.

I don't know anything about other teams but I think we're probably a mid-table team

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Speaking as a Parra fan I can't see us challenging the title. A lot of our best 20's talent: Brown, Utoikamanu, Kaufusi, Parry, Dunster, Schneider will be playing the year in ISP or Firsts. And I believe some of our better 20's players in: Taipari, Fonua, and Noel Aukafolau are injured for the first few months of the season.

I don't know anything about other teams but I think we're probably a mid-table team
The players coming through from SG Ball aren't plodders - Parra seem to always have a solid production line. I can see them top 6

footyhead1

Juniors
Who are the favourites for the wooden spoon in Flegg?
Manly would be in the running They were average last year and their Ball team didn't offer much either. Norths and Tigers are also looking a little thin however Tigers have recruited Jock Madden if he plays Flegg is another Question.

Manly would be in the running They were average last year and their Ball team didn't offer much either. Norths and Tigers are also looking a little thin however Tigers have recruited Jock Madden if he plays Flegg is another Question.
Manly will start the flegg season slow. Once they get players like Josh Schuster and Albert Hopoate in their side when SG Ball finishes they will be strong. Both players will be future internationals.

Timmah

Staff member
Manly will start the flegg season slow. Once they get players like Josh Schuster and Albert Hopoate in their side when SG Ball finishes they will be strong. Both players will be future internationals.
This is going to be a key feature of how teams go - how strong their Flegg side is before Ball finishes. Those that start fastest and have players coming through once Ball finishes will be best off.

rightleftin

Juniors
Here are the Parramatta and Wenty teams that played the ISP trial. Souths provided no details...

First Half (40 mins) :- Parramatta
1. Bevan French
2. Greg Leleisiuao
3. Josh Hoffman
4. Ethan Parry
5. Haze Dunster
6. Jaeman Salmon
7. Rhys Davies
8. Peni Terepo
9. Kyle Schneider
10. Kane Evans
11. Andrew Davey
12. Salesi Fainga’a
13. Ray Stone
14. Stefano Utoikamanu
15. Oregon Kaufusi

Second Half (40 mins) :- Wenty
1. Josh Burgerman
2. Charlton Schaafhausen
3. Rydge Smith
4. Josh Minhinick
5. Epa Navale Jnr
6. Dylan Izzard
7. Todd Sapienza
8. Tekina Vailea
9. Brad Keighran
10. Mitch Butfield
11. Piki Rogers
12. Haimona Hiroti
13. D’Rhys Miller
14. Brendan Shoveler
15. Jacob Esau
16. Adam Spicer
17. Liam Mulvihill
20. Josh Bermingham
21. Nick Kassis

Tigers1986

Juniors
ISP draw watch - it's just over a month until the season starts, no sign of it.

Club news - hopefully Wests have a consistent run this year. Was very disappointing that we nosedived after Drinkwater left and fizzled into nothingness.

Timmah

Staff member
Clubs have their draws as I understand, it was delayed by broadcasters (namely 9)

I understand this is how Round 1 will look:

Friday
3pm Knights/Newtown (before NRL @ Marathon)
Saturday
12:45 (FOX) Warriors/Dogs (before NRL @ Mt Smart)
3:15 Magpies v BWSE (before NRL @ Leichhardt)
Sunday
1pm (Nine) Souffs v Norffs @ Redfern
1:45pm Panthers v Wenty (before NRL @ Pemriff)

The other game is Mounties v Dragons by process of elimination - I imagine it'll be at Aubrey Keech - either Friday night or Saturday arvo?

Latest posts