What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 coach

betcats

Referee
The only first time coaches I want are Ciraldo or id personally like to see Fitler if he was interested, but a big part of that is because we know he can work with Gus and Brandy and get shit done. Same with Ciraldo. A new first time coach is too much unknown to risk on this squad right now if you have a cleary or better lined up already.

Besides it seems like the Nath factor is always going to get Ivan over the line if he’s available.

BxTom

Bench
The only first time coaches I want are Ciraldo or id personally like to see Fitler if he was interested, but a big part of that is because we know he can work with Gus and Brandy and get shit done. Same with Ciraldo. A new first time coach is too much unknown to risk on this squad right now if you have a cleary or better lined up already.

Besides it seems like the Nath factor is always going to get Ivan over the line if he’s available.
Except Fittler isn't a first time coach. He coached Easts for a 43% win rate before he was sacked.

betcats

Referee
Except Fittler isn't a first time coach. He coached Easts for a 43% win rate before he was sacked.

Yeah that slipped my mind I was half asleep. He was playing in that team a year or two before he took over as coach. He took over as a caretaker from Chris Anderson who lasted half a season lol.

So Ciraldo is the only first time coach I'd like to see. Fittler I think is ready for another shot in the right situation given his recent efforts with city and nsw.

For what? How much do you think they get from interviews?

It’s the whole process.

They appear blinkered, just like Gould was with Griffin.

They approached Cleary weeks ago, if they were looking at other candidates it would’ve leaked. You need to actually speak to people for references etc.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah that slipped my mind I was half asleep. He was playing in that team a year or two before he took over as coach. He took over as a caretaker from Chris Anderson who lasted half a season lol.

So Ciraldo is the only first time coach I'd like to see. Fittler I think is ready for another shot in the right situation given his recent efforts with city and nsw.

Freddy said he has the perfect job now and won't change it atm. Maybe down the track he might do a club team

Why are people so confident about Ciraldo? I’m honestly puzzled by it. He’s been coaching for a few years only & he’s 33 years old.

I’d be much more confident in an assistant that Bellamy or Bennett had hired.

betcats

Referee
Why are people so confident about Ciraldo? I’m honestly puzzled by it. He’s been coaching for a few years only & he’s 33 years old.

What like Steve price or Steve Kearney? Maybe Ivan Henjak? Or hook himself who was an assistant to both. Lol why are people so obsessed with bennett and Bellamy assistants? Most are flops.

Ciraldo has known these boys for years and already had success with a lot of them, hiring an assistant from outside the club just because they worked for bellamy is dumb. I watched his nyc teams most weeks, the way they played was great. Plus we are getting a free look at him, he is only going to get the job next year if he does well this year.

OldPanther

Coach

If we take an assistant surely it's one we developed and has worked with these players.

What like Steve price or Steve Kearney? Maybe Ivan Henjak? Or hook himself who was an assistant to both. Lol why are people so obsessed with bennett and Bellamy assistants? Most are flops.

Ciraldo has known these boys for years and already had success with a lot of them, hiring an assistant from outside the club just because they worked for bellamy is dumb. I watched his nyc teams most weeks, the way they played was great. Plus we are getting a free look at him, he is only going to get the job next year if he does well this year.

Fair point about their assistants, but I still think we’re placing too much faith in Ciraldo.

Ciraldo is simply the man on the scene, none of us have a clue if he’ll be a decent FG coach. He wouldn’t even be a coach at the panthers if he didn’t play at the panthers.

Gould loves moving players to in house jobs. Done it for Wallace & Tim Browne.

I have absolutely no confidence in Gould’s ability to appoint the right coaching staff, he’s made an absolute meal out of it up until now.

If we take an assistant surely it's one we developed and has worked with these players.

Why?

If players can’t adapt to a new coach that doesn’t say much about their mental strength.

The panthers players wanted Georgallis as coach 8 years ago because of the exact same reasons.

betcats

Referee
Fair point about their assistants, but I still think we’re placing too much faith in Ciraldo.

Ciraldo is simply the man on the scene, none of us have a clue if he’ll be a decent FG coach. He wouldn’t even be a coach at the panthers if he didn’t play at the panthers.

Gould loves moving players to in house jobs. Done it for Wallace & Tim Browne.

I have absolutely no confidence in Gould’s ability to appoint the right coaching staff, he’s made an absolute meal out of it up until now.

Honestly that's why Ciraldo or bringing Ivan back is a better option than letting Gould pick from 12 applicants who he doesn't know as well. The jury is still out on Ciraldo but I think time will prove we could easily do worse than either Ivan or Ciraldo if we were to bring in someone new, we could do better also but its less likely.

Honestly that's why Ciraldo or bringing Ivan back is a better option than letting Gould pick from 12 applicants who he doesn't know as well. The jury is still out on Ciraldo but I think time will prove we could easily do worse than either Ivan or Ciraldo if we were to bring in someone new, we could do better also but its less likely.

Well the best option would be taking the decision out of Gould’s hands.

He’s made too many boneheaded decisions of recent, why let him stuff up another one?

OldPanther

Coach
Why?

If players can’t adapt to a new coach that doesn’t say much about their mental strength.

The panthers players wanted Georgallis as coach 8 years ago because of the exact same reasons.

I don't care what the players want. He's had success so knows what works with them and the club clearly rate him. Gus doesn't stop him from quitting if he thinks he's shit. Look at the club distancing themselves from Barrett.

I don't care what the players want. He's had success so knows what works with them and the club clearly rate him. Gus doesn't stop him from quitting if he thinks he's shit. Look at the club distancing themselves from Barrett.

Gus stopped him from quitting because Gus didn’t want to face up to the fact he stuffed up with Hook.

If Ciraldo had quit the whole thing would’ve come crashing down and Gould would’ve looked even worse than he does right now.

Reading between the lines it was the board that forced Gould’s hand on Griffin.

Phil Gould has an appalling record in indentifying quality coaches, goes back to before his time with the Panthers too.

OldPanther

Coach
Gus stopped him from quitting because Gus didn’t want to face up to the fact he stuffed up with Hook.

If Ciraldo had quit the whole thing would’ve come crashing down and Gould would’ve looked even worse than he does right now.

Reading between the lines it was the board that forced Gould’s hand on Griffin.

Phil Gould has an appalling record in indentifying quality coaches, goes back to before his time with the Panthers too.

I wouldn't complain if they did this:

Well the best option would be taking the decision out of Gould’s hands.

He’s made too many boneheaded decisions of recent, why let him stuff up another one?

mxlegend99

Referee
The only advantage Ciro has over Fittler is hr never played alongside any of the guys he is now coaching. Coaching former teammates is just a bad dynamic.

Actually Ciro also spent time coaching 20s, NSW Cup and ofcourse as assistant in the NRL. Im not sure Fittler had all of that before being an NRL coach.

Edit
Actually biggest advantage outside of all that is Ciro helped develop these guys into NRL ready players. Be hard for them not to respect him.

Oh and he did play alongside Mansour and Mckendry.

Last edited:
I wouldn't complain if they did this:

But it won’t happen, because the club has allowed Gould to run amok with his ego.

There’s clearly not a succession plan in place either. After Gould stuffed up by appointing a child as CEO they then went and got Fletcher from the leagues club to do a dual role, Fletcher knows nothing about football.

The whole thing is farcical.

Gould never should have been at the club this long, should’ve only ever been a 3-4 year appointment.