What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

parrawentyfan

Juniors
Yep
It’s probably closer for me to get there than half the dragons fans.

Well if you live in Wollongong it's local. When I lived in the Gong there was a decent rivalry with the local Sharks supporters and it seemed odd they rarely got to host their closest derby. I know a few who jumped from the Steelers to Sharks because of disliking St George at the time so there's some history there.

Marlins

Juniors
Storm v Tigers 12k
Panthers v Warriors 10k
Broncos v Roosters 30k
Titans v Bulldogs 10k
Cowboys v Eels 12k
Raiders v Souths 16k
Dragons v Knights 10k
Sharks v Manly 14k

Total around 115k, Average 14.5k

Could potentially have 3 crowds under 10k. Not sure about the Broncos crowd after Magic Round.
Wasn’t too far off
Storm v Wests Tigers 11,402
Panthers v Warriors 10,084
Broncos v Roosters 28,228
Titans v Bulldogs 10,105
Cowboys v Eels12,493
Raiders v Rabbitohs 16,965
Dragons v Knights 9,267
Sharks v Sea Eagles13,36

Marlins

Juniors
Eels v Panthers 17k
Manly v Titans 8k
Knights v Roosters 26k
Raiders v Cowboys 13k
Warriors v Broncos 14k
Souths v Tigers 14k
Dogs v Storm 10k
Dragons v Sharks 17k

Did I read right that Saints v Sharks is in Wollongong, why wouldn't you play the local derby in the local area. Maybe they can play Eels v Panthers at the SCG next.

Yep, massive derp. Last time I checked the rivalry wasn’t between Cronulla and Wollongong

Let’s play rabbletohs v roosters at Erina next :rolling_eyes:

BlueandGold

Juniors
Eels v Panthers 17k
Manly v Titans 8k
Knights v Roosters 26k
Raiders v Cowboys 13k
Warriors v Broncos 14k
Souths v Tigers 14k
Dogs v Storm 10k
Dragons v Sharks 17k

Eels v Panthers 15k
Manly v Titans 8k
Knights v Roosters 24k
Raiders v Cowboys 14k
Warriors v Broncos 14k
Souths v Tigers 18k
Dogs v Storm 12k
Dragons v Sharks 19k

Total 124k, Average 15.5k

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Problem with a roving team is the players have to be based somewhere for training, etc, they can't really 100% be a team on the road

We already have so many rounds so why not include another? I think it'd be fairly successful

An "expansion round" would be interesting to see as well
Perth, Adelaide, Hobart, Darwin, Wellington, Christchurch, Geelong, Dunedin, Fiji, PNG, or even Asia or Hawaii are all potential locations (not saying all these places will eventually have teams, they definitely wont, but the game could use the round to try "expand" to have new fans in the area)

I like the idea of expansion round. It could be used to test markets where additional teams could go:

Perth (Double Header)
Adelaide (Double Header)
Central Coast
Suncorp (not exactly expansion but definately an option for an additional club in the comp, plus it gives Brissie more NRL and I'm all for that :p)
Wellington
Christchurch

Frailty

First Grade
The Dragons have held their home game against the Sharks in Wollongong the last two seasons. Not sure of the reasoning, but it's a better ground imo.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Eels v Panthers 17k
Manly v Titans 8k
Knights v Roosters 26k
Raiders v Cowboys 13k
Warriors v Broncos 14k
Souths v Tigers 14k
Dogs v Storm 10k
Dragons v Sharks 17k
Really hoping we can push that 26k mark

Some have speculated 30k but I don’t think it will happen until we are in serious finals contention against a well supported Sydney side.