What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

horrie hastings

First Grade
ABC Radio described it as a solid crowd on the hill? But maybe that's compared to a low drawing 6000 odd when hosting the Gold Coast.

Hill was solid, behind the in goals pretty empty, seating along the fence in front hill very patchy, not a great crowd at all.

Perth Red

Post Whore
This will be good if Ch9 drops Thursday night footy in the next tv deal:

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ni...football-in-next-tv-deal-20190824-p52kfc.html

We can only pray! Here’s the perfect business reason for expansion. Compensate fox for the loss of two games by giving them an exclusive 7th game at 6pm Sunday!

Ch9 fri night and Sunday 4pm exclusive
Fox and ch9 simu cast Saturday 7:30pm
Fox exclusive fri 6pm Sat 2pm Sat 4pm sun 2pm (two games on red button at same time) sun 6pm

carcharias

Immortal
Kids soccer grand finals in Sydney this weekend.
Footy next weekend
My sons game was 11.30 kick off
We didn’t get home until after 3pm
That has an impact on crowds.
Weekend sport in general makes it hard to make the 3pm games.

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Paul gallens last game at home will surely sell out next week.
And leichardt should be pretty full as the tigers are in with a chance and robbies last game (possibly). Shame the nrl decides to back up the eels v dogs Thursday game with rabbits vs roosters. Way to sabotage.

The unknown

Juniors
Paul gallens last game at home will surely sell out next week.
And leichardt should be pretty full as the tigers are in with a chance and robbies last game (possibly). Shame the nrl decides to back up the eels v dogs Thursday game with rabbits vs roosters. Way to sabotage.

Farah won't play. Saw him at Cambo last night and he couldn't walk without crutches still

Still should sell out regardless imo

Stallion

First Grade
Kids soccer grand finals in Sydney this weekend.
Footy next weekend
My sons game was 11.30 kick off
We didn’t get home until after 3pm
That has an impact on crowds.
Weekend sport in general makes it hard to make the 3pm games.

That's a fair point. Although good crowds have been achieved despite the 3pm timeslot. One remedy would be having 15s to 18s playing on a Sunday. This would open up times for senior footy on Saturdays. This outcome much more social and culturally relevant for the code going forward.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
That's ridiculous! I'm getting the feeling that some clubs and administrators don't want to see a full house. $100 ticket!, ? $40 may be fair?!

$100 x 33,000 = $3.3 Million
$40 x 52,000 = $2.08 Million (no guarantee of a full house either)

Lucky you are not in charge of ticketing prices at the Broncos because they would make just over a million dollars less per game in ticket revenue using your logic.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Almost everything to do with the government. The QLD government charges the Broncos outrageous rental fees. I am trying to find a source but I am pretty sure that the Broncos need to draw 30k to break even.

Not to mention that he is attacking the strategy of the most profitable club in the league with the highest attendances and largest membership base. I think the people in charge of the Broncs know the economics of their market a little better than Stallion.

Latest posts