What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

Perth Red

Post Whore
Should we be a little disappointed at the shiny new stadium only avg 18.5k or is it a good base on which to build? Eels going well this year as certainly helped but the NRL should have banned any thursday night games or 6pm Friday games there and gone for the big blockbusters on Sat night or Sunday to boost it me thinks?

bazza

Immortal
Should we be a little disappointed at the shiny new stadium only avg 18.5k or is it a good base on which to build? Eels going well this year as certainly helped but the NRL should have banned any thursday night games or 6pm Friday games there and gone for the big blockbusters on Sat night or Sunday to boost it me thinks?
I think the capacity of the ground before Bankwest was below 18.5k - so seems to be an improvement
There were also a few games that didn't feature the Eels played there

However, feel free to feel disappointed

adamkungl

Immortal

I don't think so.
It's 3500 clear of the next best Sydney venue, the SCG.
And 4000-5000 clear of the suburban grounds. Not small numbers for club revenues.

There's still room for improvement..
It will be interesting to see a few different things next year:
-Assuming Parra are similarly successful on the field, will their crowds continue to stay high or will the new stadium novelty wear off? It wouldn't surprise me to see a top-4 Eels average over 20k.
-Will Tigers fans take to it in their 2nd year? This years games were all during the Origin period, the worst part of the year for crowds and pretty indifferent form. Their first hitout there was a 50 point "away" flogging to the Eels.
-Bulldogs and Souths?

Suitman

Post Whore
I don't think so.
It's 3500 clear of the next best Sydney venue, the SCG.
And 4000-5000 clear of the suburban grounds. Not small numbers for club revenues.

There's still room for improvement..
It will be interesting to see a few different things next year:
-Assuming Parra are similarly successful on the field, will their crowds continue to stay high or will the new stadium novelty wear off? It wouldn't surprise me to see a top-4 Eels average over 20k.
-Will Tigers fans take to it in their 2nd year? This years games were all during the Origin period, the worst part of the year for crowds and pretty indifferent form. Their first hitout there was a 50 point "away" flogging to the Eels.
-Bulldogs and Souths?

Furthermore to this, I would like to know what the Eels average attendance was at the stadium, without the other teams averages included in the general Bankwest average.
Also, it must be taken into account that the Eels season average included some poor early crowds for home games at ANZ and the diabolically low crowd in Darwin, which would have contributed to dragging the Eels overall season average down.

I reckon that if the Eels continue to be top 4 contenders, there's no reason why they couldn't continually average over 20000 at Bankwest. I don't think the "new stadium novelty factor" will wear off for a while if they continue to be successful.

taipan

Referee
Thanks for doing this this year, very interesting to see what stadiums and regions are doing what. No surprise that Sydney suburban grounds avg less than the sydney stadiums, even the much disliked SCG and ANZ!

And we're not surprised ,your'e surprised.Do you find that surprising?

taipan

Referee
My guesstimates for crowds
Rooster v Souths 28,000
Storm v Raiders. 21,000
Manly (asbestos) Sharks 16,000
Parra v Donkeys 30,000

Stallion

First Grade
That game should be a minimum 30,000.Semi both teams involved in the area that stadium sits.

Easy . Given good weather this game should have 40000 plus attending. Just looked at the ticket prices. They are reasonable! Well done NRL.It will be a full house look all weekend I'm thinking.
My crowd guesstimates :
Roosters v Rabbits: 40000
Melbourne v Canberra: 26000
Manly Warringah v Cronulla Sutherland: 18000
Parramatta v Brisbane: 29900
This is provided that the weather is good and no price gauging and fake "sellout" chatter is about.

Last edited:

T-Boon

Coach
Roosters v Rabbitohs 28,000
Parramatta Eels v BB 29,500
Melbourne v Radars 21,000
Manly v Cronulla. 18,000

TheFrog

Coach
At the start of the year people were saying brookie wasn't up to NRL standard, now it's supposedly fit to host finals?
If the NRL are going to say Brookvale isn't good enough for NRL games, where does that leave them? Without a game every week, that's where. If it can't host a final because of asbestos, it can't host any game.

Stallion

First Grade
Roosters fans are not going to get interested until the semi final.

I think not.Had it been a Saturday I would have attended. I live in Newcastle therefore Friday night is not so handy for myself and others . Pretty sure some have underestimated the attractiveness of this fixture to fans including neutrals. After all if you enjoy your rugby league : enjoy it as much as you can. As after the internationals in October /November , it's a long hibernation for fans till March next year.

BlueandGold

Juniors
Furthermore to this, I would like to know what the Eels average attendance was at the stadium, without the other teams averages included in the general Bankwest average.
Also, it must be taken into account that the Eels season average included some poor early crowds for home games at ANZ and the diabolically low crowd in Darwin, which would have contributed to dragging the Eels overall season average down.

I reckon that if the Eels continue to be top 4 contenders, there's no reason why they couldn't continually average over 20000 at Bankwest. I don't think the "new stadium novelty factor" will wear off for a while if they continue to be successful.

Eels ave at Bankwest is 21.2k.