What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

Bojackhorseman

Juniors
Agree Manly's owner and the NRL should be getting off their a*ses to grow the game in Nth Sydney.
The Sharks are work in progress ,trouble is they have had a history of stuffing up, and therein lies my concern ,hope I'm wrong though.
With some money in the bank and a new chair it’s up to the arl to take the game forward with a clear vision. We live in hope!

TheFrog

Coach
I support Melbourne but I still agree. Hopefully next year a few more teams step up to challenge the roosters and Melbourne. I obviously want Melbourne to win but it’s nice seeing different teams competing at the top.
The salary cap is not making the comp even. Quality players will join some clubs for much less money than others. The NRL really need to get their head around this but they don't seem to give a damn. I would dump the salary cap altogether and introduce a rating system for players, irrespective of what they are paid.

TheFrog

Coach
If your going to throw around facts based on population make sure they are correct

Sydney's population hasn't been a million more than Melbourne's for a long time now, and if you are going to dump Geelong in with Melbourne then include its population as well - That makes the population larger than Sydney's

From a quick google search:
Greater Sydney - 5,029,711
Greater Melbourne - 4,936,000
Greater Geelong - 233,429
Geelong + Melbourne - 5,169,429
If you include Geelong you also have to include the Central Coast and Wollongong. But really, its fair to say the two are pretty close in population to one another, and have been for the last 50 years really.

greenBV4

Bench
Think you forgot the Illawarra champ!? St George Illawarra exists in the NRL . Add that in just like you have with Geelong and you are getting closer ! Also suggest the Central Coast should and could be factored in as well. No figures there champ just areas/ regions you have omitted in the count.
You were the one who included Geelong as a club but ignored the population though, Geelong is a city in it's own right, Melbourne will overtake Sydney by 2026, and the only city growing faster than Melbourne is actually Geelong.

But since you asked

Greater Sydney's population is already inflated by the central coast's, whereas Greater Melbourne does not include Geelong, if this wasn't the case Melbourne would already be Australia's largest city

Greater Sydney (Greater Capital City Statistical Area), as classified by the Australian Bureau of Statistics, extends from Wyong and Gosford in the north to the Royal National Park in the south and follows the coastline in between. Towards the west, the region includes the Blue Mountains, Wollondilly and Hawkesbury. Greater Sydney covers 12,367.7 sq km and is made up of 35 local councils.

Bojackhorseman

Juniors
You were the one who included Geelong as a club but ignored the population though, Geelong is a city in it's own right, Melbourne will overtake Sydney by 2026, and the only city growing faster than Melbourne is actually Geelong.

But since you asked

Greater Sydney's population is already inflated by the central coast's, whereas Greater Melbourne does not include Geelong, if this wasn't the case Melbourne would already be Australia's largest city

Greater Sydney (Greater Capital City Statistical Area), as classified by the Australian Bureau of Statistics, extends from Wyong and Gosford in the north to the Royal National Park in the south and follows the coastline in between. Towards the west, the region includes the Blue Mountains, Wollondilly and Hawkesbury. Greater Sydney covers 12,367.7 sq km and is made up of 35 local councils.
Mate arguing with this bloke is like talking to a door. He just makes stuff up, gets proven wrong and calls you an idiot. He claims to be a teacher with multiple degrees. That’s obviously bs as well.

beave

Coach
Canberra need to look at some standing room tickets again for the prelim. That SE corner where the light tower is, there’s a fair bit of dirt up there you could cram a few people in, actually the whole Southern end you could jam a few thousand people around the upper perimeter and the northern end you could do something similar but not as many people as there is more shit in the way.

it’s so f**king good they are allowed to play the prelim there, cannot wait for this game.

Stallion

First Grade

But since you asked

A tad quiet on the Illawarra aren't you!?

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Traditionally the big crowds are week 3. Next week worries me. Could be under 50000 total for two games.
I think storm should get in the mid 20s. But the Souths manly game could range from 18,000 to 35,000 hard to tell.
Then you’ll get 27000 at Canberra if they get in those standing room tickets and scg could sell out if parra are there otherwise probably low 30s

Stallion

First Grade
I think storm should get in the mid 20s. But the Souths manly game could range from 18,000 to 35,000 hard to tell.
Then you’ll get 27000 at Canberra if they get in those standing room tickets and scg could sell out if parra are there otherwise probably low 30s

If promoted well with no ticket price gauging, Souths v Manly could achieve a surprise attendance? It requires proactive marketing but the only final in Sydney with two Sydney clubs could achieve much higher than expected. This game is in a big stadium so their is the challenge for rugby league marketing! This is a time for both sets of clubs supporters and neutrals to be enticed in a positive way. There is also a longstanding rivalry between these clubs. It can do very well crowdwise if well promoted. Surprise us please!

Bojackhorseman

Juniors
Those figures are about right. Last year’s finals attendances averaged over 36000. Looking lower this year unfortunately.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Is there a chance that if para make it the nrl will move it to ANZ?

I know they didn’t move it from Allianz last year (v bunnies) but ANZ is much better than the SCG, and para fans would go berserk at a prelim and probably bring 50-55k of their own support.

Bojackhorseman

Juniors
Is there a chance that if para make it the nrl will move it to ANZ?

I know they didn’t move it from Allianz last year (v bunnies) but ANZ is much better than the SCG, and para fans would go berserk at a prelim and probably bring 50-55k of their own support.
Roosters will insist on scg. End of story.

Latest posts