What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Discussion

OldPanther

Coach
Then I believe we may have reached an impasse... Sorry Oldy, I thought you were alright too... ;)

But seriously, yes I am riding the Raiders now - Living in Canberra and having my missus and half my kids go for them, it's hard not to get caught up in their hype this season.

It's weird I think I don't hate them as much now compared to Storm/Roosters because they just aren't a threat. We made 3 or 4 finals series and actually won games. Took them buying a bunch of ours to make the finals and do it well. I think I have my hatred set on those above us who are actually in our way. Sorry to say but the Eels just don't worry me now.

Your house must be going off this finals.

The yak

Juniors
You won't have to worry about the Eels soon. Their bandwagon will end soon. They are pretenders.
Bellamy will put the boot up the Storms bum this week.Expect a response.
If the Eels think it will be as easy as last week against the Broncos, then they will be in for a rude shock.

snickers007

Juniors
My old man is a Parramatta supporter, he grew up in North Parramatta.
I'm sure he was gutted when I became a Panthers supporter at age 3.

But he's adopted Penrith as his September team if the Eels are gone, and I'm the same. I've got great memories of going to the local derbies together (we still do it every year).

Matt Goodwin was my favorite player as a kid. He lived across the road from my Uncle. I remember Dad taking me over to see him when I found out he was joining the Eels. I was crying my eyes out. He gave me a pair of Panthers shorts - they were huge. I took them along to Rnd 1 1990 at Parramatta Stadium. We lost the game, and I was a bit of a mess again. But Dad took my down to the sideline, and Matt spotted us. I gave him back his shorts, and he put them on for a photo with me.

So I'm quite comfortable cheering for the Eels as long as they're not playing us. I'd never wear their colours or anything, but there have been too many great Panthers who have gone on to play for the Eels for me not to have a soft spot for them.

franklin2323

Immortal
Pretty much. They look good when the opposition give up or suck. Like I said early I don't fear them so I don't give them much thought.

No surprise the only game they lost at home was in the wet. It is more a sign for how bad the standard of footy then how good they are

betcats

Referee
Parra have had a good year but you can read about as much into that flogging they gave brassy as you can our flogging of Newwy in the last round, Nice wins but it is obvious the opposition didn't turn up.

That being said Parra are one of the sides that I can see beatinf Melbourne, like the raiders they are just a little different in how they attack. That rattles Melbourne who are extremely well drilled but you throw something at them that they haven't drilled for and it can have success.

martielang

Bench
I reckon Eels give Storm a run for their money. If I was a betting man or didn't run last in the tipping comp every year, I'd be on the Eels.

I used to work for Parra so I do have a bit of a soft spot for them.

That being said, I can’t see them knocking over the Storm in Melbourne, even despite the 58-blot pummeling of the Broncos. Bellamy will have them fired up.

roofromoz

First Grade
Grew up in Parra territory and have plenty of family who are Eels fans. Went to a lot of their Friday night matches in the late 90s and early 00s.

Used to hate them a lot when I was younger but now it is just an indifference.