What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Finals scheduling news

Bojackhorseman

Juniors
In breaking news, really old facility has traces of product used to construct really old facilities.

In all seriousness though, don't eat the grass on the northern hill.
If this is true the council is in really deep poop. The laws around this are extremely strict and any trace of it is a bloody serious.

mave

Coach
If this is true the council is in really deep poop. The laws around this are extremely strict and any trace of it is a bloody serious.

One of two things has presumably happened, IN MY OPINION , allegedly.

1. contractors have found traces of asbestos whilst digging survey core holes for the new COE, possibly from the original build a million years ago.
Or
2. some fool has dumped traces of asbestos in their rubbish whilst the Oval is freely accessible to the public all day, every day.

How the local council can be in deep poo poo for this is quite curious.

Bojackhorseman

Juniors
One of two things has presumably happened, IN MY OPINION , allegedly.

1. contractors have found traces of asbestos whilst digging survey core holes for the new COE, possibly from the original build a million years ago.
Or
2. some fool has dumped traces of asbestos in their rubbish whilst the Oval is freely accessible to the public all day, every day.

How the local council can be in deep poo poo for this is quite curious.
Because asbestos being discovered on council property is potentially a grave legal issue.

Bojackhorseman

Juniors
Only if council knew , and did nothing about the issue, which clearly, given the news tonight, is not the case.
Haven’t seen the news. Only heard about the asbestos potentially being discovered there. Thanks for the update. I have a low opinion of local councils to be honest so nothing would have surprised me. I hope the game is played at Brookvale personally. Local fans deserve a home game on the first week of finals.

greenBV4

Bench
Even if cleared news like this will probably have a long term effect on crowds at the venue, for example im sure theres a lot of parents out there that now wont want to take their kids to a game to sit and play around on a hill thats potentially full of asbestos

t-ba

Post Whore
Saves Ch9 having to move all the equipment for the Sunday game, not that I would ever suggest that may play any part in all this.

Uggh.

The sooner Todd and Nine f**k off the better.

I wish there was a halfways decent RL competition somewhere else in the world that could punish these f**king morons.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Yeah I'm not buying this. Surely this is an invitation for a class action of some kind for any fan that has been exposed to that area of Brookvale over the years. The NRL would rather play the final elsewhere, namely a bigger ground.

Generalzod

Immortal
In breaking news, really old facility has traces of product used to construct really old facilities.

In all seriousness though, don't eat the grass on the northern hill.
There is a massive block of vacant land at Gymea near president ave people use it to park their cars to catch the train , the other day the council just closed the whole area reason they gave was the found asbestos, on the fences signs say asbestos...

Latest posts