What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Finals scheduling news

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Yeh wtf seriously

Play it at north sydney oval you clowns

Zombie Bears man.

0ffe88ce793ce0fce22eb80098a4ae4d.jpg

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
This could go 2 ways, either it is the beginning of the end or the start of the revival.

This seems straight out of the scg trust playbook. Except the scg trust had a Plan and this seems to be a surprise for manly and the council.

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
Uggh.

The sooner Todd and Nine f**k off the better.

I wish there was a halfways decent RL competition somewhere else in the world that could punish these f**king morons.

You the full quid? Are you actually blaming the nrl and channel 9 for esbeatos found at brookvale?

TheDMC

Bench
Even if cleared news like this will probably have a long term effect on crowds at the venue, for example im sure theres a lot of parents out there that now wont want to take their kids to a game to sit and play around on a hill thats potentially full of asbestos

Dangers everywhere. Surprised people even leave their house.

horrie hastings

First Grade
There is a massive block of vacant land at Gymea near president ave people use it to park their cars to catch the train , the other day the council just closed the whole area reason they gave was the found asbestos, on the fences signs say asbestos...

Was walking from the park at Barangaroo a couple weeks ago around towards the Darling Harbour direction and suddenly the footpath narrowed due to work going on and on both sides and on the boarded up fencing had asbestos written all over it, it had water misters spraying water everywhere, hmmmmm, just wonder what the danger to the public was, lots of dust flying around at the time.

Suitman

Post Whore
Was walking from the park at Barangaroo a couple weeks ago around towards the Darling Harbour direction and suddenly the footpath narrowed due to work going on and on both sides and on the boarded up fencing had asbestos written all over it, it had water misters spraying water everywhere, hmmmmm, just wonder what the danger to the public was, lots of dust flying around at the time.

That site was covered in tents and cleared of all hazardous materials before it was opened up again.
I'm guessing that they just haven't taken the signs down yet. They certainly wouldn't risk public safety as easily as you might be thinking.

I'm just a residential builder and the removal of asbestos restrictions are adhered to rigidly and are extraordinarily tough, for good reason. There's so many processes to go through, and approvals to be signed off.
The problem with places like Brookvale are that when it was redeveloped (back in the 70's, these restrictions weren't in place, and asbestos used to just get buried.
There's hardly a domestic site I work on these days that we do not find some buried asbestos.

Last edited:

greenBV4

Bench
Dangers everywhere. Surprised people even leave their house.
Yeah not saying im one of them but i know people who are 100% like that, once they hete something on the news like this they are so scared and wont forget it, but are naive to the fact that even though they havnt heard about it, theres dangers everwhere

horrie hastings

First Grade
That site was covered in tents and cleared of all hazardous materials before it was opened up again.
I'm guessing that they just haven't taken the signs down yet. They certainly wouldn't risk public safety as easily as you might be thinking.

I'm just a residential builder and the removal of asbestos restrictions are adhered to rigidly and are extraordinarily tough, for good reason. There's so many processes to go through, and approvals to be signed off.
The problem with places like Brookvale are that when it was redeveloped (back in the 70's, these restrictions weren't in place, and asbestos used to just get buried.
There's hardly a domestic site I work on these days that we do not find some buried asbestos.

That was exactly what the area looked like that I walked past, yes they had not removed the asbestos signs, I actually didnt think there would be any danger really as it they wouldn't haven't it accessible to the public if so but was just amused by the asbestos signs and the water mister spraying and it didn't help it be very windy at the time .

Generalzod

Immortal

Looks like the Chernobyl dome

siv

First Grade
Yeah I'm not buying this. Surely this is an invitation for a class action of some kind for any fan that has been exposed to that area of Brookvale over the years. The NRL would rather play the final elsewhere, namely a bigger ground.

And of course all of the away fans

Fans sue NRL for scheduling game at toxic venue

NRL Sues Manly for using toxic venue as home ground

Manly sues Manly council for toxic venue

Manly council has a legal clause exempting them somehow

This could get messy

Latest posts