What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 FW2 Fri - Rabbitohs 34-26 Sea Eagles @ ANZ

Finals Week 2: Rabbitohs v Sea Eagles

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Enjoyable game, wanted Manly to win. Karma got Jake T for getting away with a horrendous lifting tackle a few months back.

Was an excellent derpathon battle between Gagai and Elliot, but Elliot wins. He was truly horrendous in everything he did. Good season though Manly.

That was gagais a-game these days.

SBD82

Coach
I’ve already said multiple times we were shit and Canberra will wipe us out

We were just less shit than you and I’m knocking down your denial that it wasn’t your teams fault and that it was all due to some sort of referee bias
Manly’s not my team.

You got the rub of the green tonight. I think your bias is blinding you to that.

Jerkwad2000

Juniors
All the penalties in the second half were very blatant penalties, including professional fouls, uprighting a player in the air, missing the shot clock

You’re advocating some good old square up penalties for your team? Maybe the ref goes and finds some weak slow peels and hands on the ball to even the ledger?

Your team was ill disciplined in the second half and the penalty count blew out

Well no, I'm asking is it realistic that a team, for 53 minutes, commits not one illegality. Not offside, not laying on a player too long, nothing. Sorry, impossible.

Perfect example of a non penalty was Gagai laying all over someone, I think Parker, nothing. Should have been a penalty no problem but wasn't.

South's got every favour tonight. All their tries came off penalties. Manly got none. FFS, South's got the penalty when they had a player binned.

BranVan3000

Coach
Well no, I'm asking is it realistic that a team, for 53 minutes, commits not one illegality. Not offside, not laying on a player too long, nothing. Sorry, impossible.

Perfect example of a non penalty was Gagai laying all over someone, I think Parker, nothing. Should have been a penalty no problem but wasn't.

South's got every favour tonight. All their tries came off penalties. Manly got none. FFS, South's got the penalty when they had a player binned.
Again, the refs were only calling out the clearest of penalties for the vast majority of the game, and Manly pulled off some absolute clangers. You’re asking for them to start pinging minor penalties in a final just to arbitrarily even up the penalty count

KOMORI

Juniors
How refreshing to see Manly’s brand of anti-football was eventually their downfall.
You got beat up as kid didn’t ya.... like, a LOT.

Anti-football?!?

I reckon that two teams this year played a refreshing brand of actual football, rather than the batshit boring Bellamy/Bennet style of wrestling and ruck time management based on nothing more than semi legal plays designed to get their line set and ready by the time the 3rd tackler in extricates himself from the ball carrier like a slug with a hamstring tear...

Both of thread teams were far more effective when the peanuts with whistles let a game of footy break out: using ball movement and skills to play the game with some style...

Your mob, and my mob...

Maybe look at some positives instead of making your usual miserable jibes, praying that you get some notification gratification: maybe even enough to arouse some tumescence and let you gleefully play with your pud for a few glorious, poignant and somehow sad moments in which you feel a glimmer of relevance...

I hope whatever it is that made you into this bitter shell of a human is resolved in some fashion eventually.. until then you have my pity, and very little else...

Smack

Coach
Well done manly, pretty good season and provided us with a lot of highlight reels. Need Turbo back and to work on the right edge defence for 2020

mave

Coach
Its almost as if only one team was being referreed last night.

South's played perfectly disciplined footy for the last 60 odd minutes. Impressive stuff.

Interestingly, this phenomenon also occurred the last time these two teams played each other.

Who said lightning doesn't strike twice.

Spot On

Coach
You got beat up as kid didn’t ya.... like, a LOT.

Anti-football?!?

I reckon that two teams this year played a refreshing brand of actual football, rather than the batshit boring Bellamy/Bennet style of wrestling and ruck time management based on nothing more than semi legal plays designed to get their line set and ready by the time the 3rd tackler in extricates himself from the ball carrier like a slug with a hamstring tear...

Both of thread teams were far more effective when the peanuts with whistles let a game of footy break out: using ball movement and skills to play the game with some style...

Your mob, and my mob...

Maybe look at some positives instead of making your usual miserable jibes, praying that you get some notification gratification: maybe even enough to arouse some tumescence and let you gleefully play with your pud for a few glorious, poignant and somehow sad moments in which you feel a glimmer of relevance...

I hope whatever it is that made you into this bitter shell of a human is resolved in some fashion eventually.. until then you have my pity, and very little else...

He tried playing footy as a kid but wasn't real good at it.

So he had a go at reereeing but ... wasn't any good at that either.

Bitter pills for Skeepy Weepy to swallow.

Hence the strong dislike for rugby league players and referees.

Spot On

Coach
Yeah they were terrible. What are you doing on the other forum? I thought everyone on there was beneath you?

It is interesting to see the same person interact differently and have differing opinions depending on the website, forum and topic they are posting in. They can backflip quite regularly on the same subject between sites.

Quite entertaining. Like split personalities.

Good 'ol Slots plays with a straight bat no matter which site he is using.

He aint prone to running with any herd - just sticks solid with his thoughts/opinions.

Last edited:

mozza91

Coach
It is interesting to see the same person interact differently and have differing opinions depending on the website, forum and topic they are posting in. They can backflip quite regularly on the same subject between sites.

Good 'ol Slots plays with a straight bat no matter which site he is using.

He aint prone to running with any herd - just sticks solid with his thoughts/opinions.
What are you inferring?

Is this about Gagai? The extend of Gagai being my ‘mate’ is telling you to get over it because he left 2 years ago.

Spot On

Coach
What are you inferring?

Is this about Gagai? The extend of Gagai being my ‘mate’ is telling you to get over it because he left 2 years ago.

Inferring?

You can comprehend surely.

You can have a dig at Dane in a forum of a club he played for years ago.

Good on you.

mozza91

Coach
Inferring?

You can comprehend surely.

You can have a dig at Dane in a forum of a club he played for years ago.

Good on you.
In a thread specifically about the clubs former players. I also had a dig at Elliot who’s been gone as long as Gagai has.

Jerkwad2000

Juniors
Again, the refs were only calling out the clearest of penalties for the vast majority of the game, and Manly pulled off some absolute clangers. You’re asking for them to start pinging minor penalties in a final just to arbitrarily even up the penalty count

No, asking for consistency. Which there wasn't. Again, I ask how a team can not commit one illegality in 53 minutes of a game. Which they did. You just think those would be even up penalties. And minor or not they change games as evidenced by the fact that every South's score came off the back of a penalty. Funny no mention by you of the eye gouge by Cook that I showed above.

Spot On

Coach
In a thread specifically about the clubs former players. I also had a dig at Elliot who’s been gone as long as Gagai has.

Hey Mozza

You don't have to explain yourself mate.

You can have an opinion on a player from any club and be free from some sort of invisible time frame preventing you expressing your thoughts.

Go ahead.

And believe it or not, you can actually post those thoughts on any RUGBY LEAGUE website at any time. In any thread you like.

Carry on big boy.

Just play with a straight bat like Slots does. Man up a bit hey.

Spot On

Coach
Manly fans should be stoked at the depth they have in their pack, especially in the backrow.

Last night's 2nd string backrowers are huge upgrades on Newcastle starting backrowers.

We'd gladly take both off you next season.