What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Grand Final Entertainment

YoHadrian

Juniors
I'll be triggered with social media outrage if the band isn't an Aboriginal, disabled, lesbian, transgender vegan singing about climate change afflicted coal burning Manus Island Refugee Arrivals performing domestic violence & how they're forced to watch Sky News.

It's important that absolutely everything has to be a cause.

ACTPanthers

Bench
It’s not Rocket science

“ play something we know”!

Ummm I think you meant "play something I know" because the majority of people will know the songs... I'd hazard a guess that at the very least 80% of viewers will be able to sing along

carcharias

Immortal
How about Cheap Wine for the 7th billionth time?

I am a musician .
I’ve tried many many times over the years to plug away with my own original music.
We went ok
Never made it though.

Nowadays I play in a cover band.
That song “cheap wine” would probably be the most popular song we’d play ( if we played it ).
It’s shit but it’s reality.
The GF is not a music festival for die hard fans of whoever the act is.

AFL has tried to cover all the bases here.
NRL are clueless.

This.

For all what this sport is about on a national scale,and it is the apex of our season, you would think the NRL would get someone who is a world mega-attraction.

The NFL have got this stuff pat down.

Yes but as has been pointed out, the NFL is a half time show, this is a pre-match show. Also, the NFL generates huge revenue compared to the NRL generally speaking. Further ticket prices for the Superbowl (even allowing for the exchange rate) are way higher than those for the Grand Final (USA Today cites the average price for tickets to the 2019 Superbowl were US$4,380 whilst this year's NRL Grand Final tickets range from AU$85 - AU$650). Hence they have more money to throw at securing big name acts.

Further as it generates a televised audience measuring in the hundreds of millions, more acts are willing to play the Superbowl.

Hence it is not a "like for like" comparison.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Yes but as has been pointed out, the NFL is a half time show, this is a pre-match show. Also, the NFL generates huge revenue compared to the NRL generally speaking. Further ticket prices for the Superbowl (even allowing for the exchange rate) are way higher than those for the Grand Final (USA Today cites the average price for tickets to the 2019 Superbowl were US$4,380 whilst this year's NRL Grand Final tickets range from AU$85 - AU$650). Hence they have more money to throw at securing big name acts.

Further as it generates a televised audience measuring in the hundreds of millions, more acts are willing to play the Superbowl.

Hence it is not a "like for like" comparison.

100% agree - Even when below their average, NFL still had 98.2 million viewers of the Superbowl... In comparison, the NRL GF had about 3 million... Gee I wonder why the NRL don't get big names like the NFL do...?

myrrh ken

First Grade
Um

AFL GF entertainment
Dean Lewis for the chicks
Tones and I - chick current number 1 on Arias
And drum roll

Paul Kelly.

Plus the up there Cazaly dude for the geriatrics.

I gotta say I have a lot of time for that Tones and I. Amazing voice. Great song and video this

I reckon King Gizzard would go alright. They’re young and inspired by psychedelic/surf rock so there’s something in it for the oldies. The wider younger audience will get to see what a guitar is too. Plus they’re Aussie

Smack

Coach
Sure who cares, half time and pre match are usually for drinks/dunny anyway, but we have plenty of new Australian bands they could promote instead.

Smack

Coach
even Sam Sparro is aussie who I'd prefer. Tbh get him and some strip.. err dancers and it's a win for straight and lgbt people, eye candy for everyone!

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
In addition to the performance of the world-renowned OneRepublic, who will be headline the entertainment at ANZ Stadium on October 6:

- Aussie icon Daryl Braithwaite will perform his classic Horses at halftime of the NRL Telstra Premiership Grand Final

- Christine Anu will perform at halftime of the Holden Women’s Premiership decider

- Up-and-coming Sydney artist Thandi Phoenix will be part of a special collaboration with OneRepublic

- Natalie Bassingthwaighte will sing the Australian National Anthem

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/29/nrl-grand-final-entertainment/

In addition to the performance of the world-renowned OneRepublic, who will be headline the entertainment at ANZ Stadium on October 6:

- Aussie icon Daryl Braithwaite will perform his classic Horses at halftime of the NRL Telstra Premiership Grand Final

- Christine Anu will perform at halftime of the Holden Women’s Premiership decider

- Up-and-coming Sydney artist Thandi Phoenix will be part of a special collaboration with OneRepublic

- Natalie Bassingthwaighte will sing the Australian National Anthem

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/29/nrl-grand-final-entertainment/

Looks like it will be a wonderful afternoon of mediocrity

Latest posts