What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I can't find it on the draw page. The official website likes to use the fluro green logo mostly. When the premiership badge does feature it looks like this
View attachment 27376 View attachment 27377

The official PDF version of the draw has the logo in white with black background. I'm not saying you're wrong but I just couldn't find the draw you are talking about
Click onto any match either in the premiership or during the season and it'll appear at the top.

yakstorm

First Grade
Telstra has been considering 'reviewing' their sponsorship pretty much every couoco of years for the past two decades.

It's certainly not the first time there has been whispers and it won't be the last. Naturally they will be wanting to show in some way that they are unhappy and don't condone what the players are doing, but it doesn't mean anything more than just presenting that image.

Telstra know fully well that if they left that there are competitors who would pick up the Digital Rights, so even if they were grumpy about it, they would be reluctant to give their competition a leg up.

insert.pause

First Grade
Telstra has been considering 'reviewing' their sponsorship pretty much every couoco of years for the past two decades.

It's certainly not the first time there has been whispers and it won't be the last. Naturally they will be wanting to show in some way that they are unhappy and don't condone what the players are doing, but it doesn't mean anything more than just presenting that image.

Telstra know fully well that if they left that there are competitors who would pick up the Digital Rights, so even if they were grumpy about it, they would be reluctant to give their competition a leg up.
Difference between naming rights & digital rights.

Saint Doc

Coach
Difference between naming rights & digital rights.

Yes but there is no way NRL give Telstra the digital rights if they drop the competition sponsorship.
And if they did, Telstra would have to pay massive overs. In which case they might as well just keep naming rights

gzerounian

Juniors
Click onto any match either in the premiership or during the season and it'll appear at the top.
I did what you said. This is what is appearing at the top of a match on the website. I think they look great
IMG_20190223_061719.jpg

This is how they appear on the app. They look cheap and nasty. Why would they be different?
IMG_20190223_061738.jpg
Is this what you were referring to?

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
It's worrying storm has no major sponsor..

It should be the most sought after in the NRL

Gives you exposure to eastern States and NZ and also Vic etc..

sempmrh

Juniors

It’s getting alarmingly close to round one but in 2014 (the last year we were going into a season without a front of jersey sponsor) Crown Resorts weren’t confirmed to be linking back up with the club again as major partner until two days before round one.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I did what you said. This is what is appearing at the top of a match on the website. I think they look great
View attachment 27397

This is how they appear on the app. They look cheap and nasty. Why would they be different?
View attachment 27398
Is this what you were referring to?
First I've seen those, they do look good.

If you change the competition to Pre-Season Trials on the website and choose a game you'll see what I mean.

Buzz, go have another drink. Storm will be fine. They're not going to give it away at bargain basement price, that's why it hasn't sold yet.

wazdog

Juniors
How many rounds in till we see some sponsor stickers on the sleeves and back?

I'm hoping we don't have any sponsors on the sides as it would probably require a box with the logo inside.

These are probably the best jerseys we've had in a while. The only changes I'd make:

- remove the red shields from NRL logo on both jerseys (maybe even use a black NRL logo on the home jersey)
- on the home jersey use a green stripe instead of a red stripe on the shoulder as it goes better than the red

Saxon

Bench

If you change the competition to Pre-Season Trials on the website and choose a game you'll see what I mean.

Buzz, go have another drink. Storm will be fine. They're not going to give it away at bargain basement price, that's why it hasn't sold yet.
Rumour is Storm's new front of jersey will be announced in the next week or two.

Rather a pity in one way, I love the cleanskin look

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Best n Less Sharks dooo dooo doo doo

trialmanly_teamlist_hero.jpg

Also.

WHITE TEXT BLUE SHIRT WHYYYYYY

The white logo on the black shield looks GREAT!!!

Should have done this for every logo. Black-White wont clash with club colours like the Green-Gold did, but it pops much better than the White-on-Green/Blue/Red that we are getting

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Yes but there is no way NRL give Telstra the digital rights if they drop the competition sponsorship.
And if they did, Telstra would have to pay massive overs. In which case they might as well just keep naming rights

NRL would obviously look around to other streaming companies, but i dont think they would exclude Telstra out of spite.

Honestly, it sounds like Telstra gets the better deal out of this; digital content + name rights cheap. I feel like they’re probably the ones demanding digital+naming rights stay together. NRL would probably make more splitting them...

gzerounian

Juniors

Found it. I don't think they (the NRL) actually know how they should be using their new premiership logo.
IMG_20190223_180742.jpg

Latest posts