What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Pommy

Coach
I've been thinking for a while that the NRL needs to step in and make rules about uniforms such as the size and number of ads allowed and the number of different jerseys each season. 1 home jersey, 1 away jersey and 1 special jersey.
The clubs are too obsessed about making money to realise the damage done to their brand and the fans connection with the club.

Is there any evidence the connection is being damaged? Or is this more of your boon ball mental gymnastics?

sempmrh

Juniors
I've been thinking for a while that the NRL needs to step in and make rules about uniforms such as the size and number of ads allowed and the number of different jerseys each season. 1 home jersey, 1 away jersey and 1 special jersey.
The clubs are too obsessed about making money to realise the damage done to their brand and the fans connection with the club.
There are rules about the size and number of sponsor logos. That old operations manual that has been floating around for years outlines where logos can be placed and the maximum dimensions for each. Of course, I don’t think that manual takes into account the plethora of event jerseys with extra logos and branding we’ve had since it was published.

In general, I don’t like the idea of event jerseys (with the exception being Indigenous round). If it’s a special occasion, you should be wearing your best look, not some one off. If clubs want fresh jerseys to sell each year, get creative with training and pre-season jerseys.

T-Boon

Coach
Is there any evidence the connection is being damaged? Or is this more of your boon ball mental gymnastics?

Well I can speak on my own behalf. I would not know which jersey to buy these days Parra has so many. Actually I am not even sure I can tell you what Parra's colours are any more.
Also the fact we cannot grow crowds. We should try to build the kind of club support that the AFL clubs have, where the fans feel connected enough to want to get to the ground to cheer the team on.
Smaller ads on their jerseys, jerseys that are recognisable week to week and year to year would help with that.

Pommy

Coach
Well I can speak on my own behalf. I would not know which jersey to buy these days Parra has so many. Actually I am not even sure I can tell you what Parra's colours are any more.
Also the fact we cannot grow crowds. We should try to build the kind of club support that the AFL clubs have, where the fans feel connected enough to want to get to the ground to cheer the team on.
Smaller ads on their jerseys, jerseys that are recognisable week to week and year to year would help with that.

So No evidence then.

sempmrh

Juniors
One thing that might be of interest to rugby league fans - Essendon in the AFL has a club constitution. In that, it outlines the club’s name, motto, colours and uniform and they’ve used that to resist wearing anything but their traditional jumper for years. They’re so strict with their ‘black jumper, red sash’ declaration that even now that they’re forced by the AFL to have an alternate jumper (which according to their constitution is the only way they’ll wear anything else) it’s still a red sash bordered by black.

Does any NRL club have a constitution like this?

GAZF

First Grade
One thing that might be of interest to rugby league fans - Essendon in the AFL has a club constitution. In that, it outlines the club’s name, motto, colours and uniform and they’ve used that to resist wearing anything but their traditional jumper for years. They’re so strict with their ‘black jumper, red sash’ declaration that even now that they’re forced by the AFL to have an alternate jumper (which according to their constitution is the only way they’ll wear anything else) it’s still a red sash bordered by black.

Based on our history of jerseys, I'm going to say that every club has extremely strict rules.

T-Boon

Coach

Very interesting.
I don’t watch any AFL but I have to admit I recognise Essendon jerseys when I see them walking around same with most other AFL teams while I don’t easily recognise NRL jerseys except the Dragons and Dogs and retro jerseys.

Really? Unlike other sides I can't recall Parra rocking anything but blue and gold.

If you said Penrith or Warriors then for sure.
And they've only had 4 jerseys this year. Home, away, heritage and indigenous. It will be 5 with WIL. Which is pretty much the same as every other club

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
The new NRLW logo featured in tweets by https://twitter.com/WRugbyLeague

D_0YCbaU0AEYmZm

flippikat

Bench
Have all Cronulla's socks run in the wash or are they just a completely different blue to the jersey?

They kinda look grey. But yeah.. maybe the socks got so frustrated at the shirts changing their shade of blue each season, they thought "stuff it, we're gonna try and be black and white"

Err.. that's if socks can think, that is... ;)

sempmrh

Juniors
Storm's Heritage and WIL jerseys
View attachment 31622
View attachment 31623
Unless I'm missing one thats 6 jerseys this year
The Women in League jersey was posted a few weeks ago.

I thought for sure the Cam 400 jersey was going to be in place of a heritage jersey so I’m surprised to see this one. I’m a little confused by this one after ISC nailed that exact design in 2017. Flipping the bolts has messed it up.

The Women in League jersey looks even better in person. I was concerned that the bolts being lower would make a bottom heavy design (and that’s actually the kids version posted - the bottom is a little cut off) but I love how it looks. It might be my favourite jersey other than the home. Normally I only wear the home jersey but I might start wearing this one instead.

Latest posts