1. Round 5 Edition OUT NOW:

The Round 5 issue of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for is out now!

This week it's Penrith v Canberra so we look at the competition leaders with second rower Kurt Capewell, while we also share the story of the birth of the Glebe Dirty Reds, and as always, the full program for the coming weekend's action across NRL, NSWRL and QRL with a wrap-up of the weekend just gone.

VOLUME 2 ISSUE 5 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Discussion in 'NRL' started by Keiran Murphy, Jul 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. sempmrh

sempmrh Juniors

The applications are very on trend - using the logo as a framing device. You see that a lot and it’s pretty much how I figured the logo would be used. I feel like they could have done most of what they set out to do with the rebrand with the existing Telstra Premiership logo, albeit tweaked a little.

It looks fine, I guess. I feel like dumping the existing Telstra Premiership logo is a waste, though. It doesn’t make sense having a completely different shield to everything else, despite their explanation.

callmack1 likes this.
  2. Zerô

Zerô Juniors

Love it or hate the new branding, we seem to be moving away from logos with the clubs wordmark, which is an excellent thing

some11 likes this.
  3. Timmah

Timmah LeagueUnlimited News Editor Staff Member

I think the original NRL logo doubled as a competition logo for the first two seasons with no premiership sponsor.

But yeah - either way the Tele have missed a bunch and confused fans in the process.

some11 likes this.
  4. Timmah

Mostly on club websites, in membership materials and social/videos etc I imagine. Club logos themselves will still be used by clubs as normal.

5. I Bleed Maroon

I Bleed Maroon Referee

[​IMG]

It looks like I just ranked up playing Battlefield.

Pommy and some11 like this.
  6. kdalymc

kdalymc Bench

f**k me dead

7. Timmah

In order since 1998:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] upload_2018-10-21_18-28-32.png [​IMG]

There was the one in 2012 but it only seemed to appear late in the year then was replaced by the new logo set anyway.

some11 likes this.
  8. beave

beave Coach

Cough

[​IMG]

Cough

We’re tackling the big issues here at LU......

9. Rooster8

Rooster8 Juniors

This has been my favourite NRL logo (even though it is the same competition logo as the 2007-2012 period). Loved everything about the combination.
    D9A93FA3-1221-4381-801D-89CEA4FD8003.jpeg 1FBE985E-DB16-4B9D-958C-65FF73938B7F.png

Timmah likes this.
  10. Zerô

Zerô Juniors

11. gzerounian

gzerounian Juniors

12. Timmah

While it was the badge on the jerseys, I believe it was only ever there because the Telstra Premiership logo wasn't approved in time. The official premiership logo was still the one in use up until this year.

13. callmack1

callmack1 Moderator Staff Member

Not sure if this pic has been posted yet,

6.JPG
    Overall, I don't actually mind the new logo at all to be honest. While I loved the old one, I like how this new one looks very sleek and sophisticated. The fact that it is going to be coloured to match the club colours on jerseys is absolutely fantastic too.

However, I feel like they've really missed the mark with a few aspects of it. For one, a big miss is that without the wordmark, it is not instantly recognisable as an NRL logo and to someone that doesn't follow Rugby League, they'd have no idea what it is. The other big miss, which has already been mentioned, is the way the wordmark has been integrated. It will look sweet on jerseys like Souths, Cronulla and the Panthers but how the hell are the likes of the Roosters Dragons and possibly Storm supposed to integrate that without it looking shabby?

Overall, I think I like it though.

14. Craegus

Craegus Juniors

The new logo looks like it is going to be a mess on more complicated jersey designs. I threw together a Wests Tigers concept tonight based on our membership kit items and it certainly makes it difficult to fit on a design when there is more than one colour for it to sit on (especially the text below the logo).

[​IMG]

Designs with hoops or vertical stripes will be ok if the logo is on one of them (stripes) or sits with part on one hoop and part on the other, but V's or any complicated design will be a far larger challenge, if not done properly the text will be lost in the design (unless it sits on a blocked background).

15. Tigers1986

Tigers1986 Juniors

Correct. They were still negotiating the contract with Telstra and the clubs needed to print their jerseys etc and couldn't wait, so they ran with the corporate logo on all jerseys in 2013.

Timmah likes this.
  16. Cumberland Throw

Cumberland Throw First Grade

They won't be that smart..

Changes like this are a big call to me..

Unless you can print in on actual 16 jerseys and have them sitting on the board room table in Moore park...

And have them been seen by a poeple for feedback..

I'm not sure how you change to this

17. Cumberland Throw

Cumberland Throw First Grade

Why can't we have the letters NRL in the logo.?

It's a telstra logo.. and 2 chevrons and a border..

Looks f**ked ..

Rooster8 likes this.
  18. M2D2

M2D2 Bench

I think it looks f**king amazing...

[​IMG]

grouch likes this.
  19. Dawesy76

Dawesy76 Juniors

On the broncos jerseys. It’s appearing on a few fan forums now. General opinion is split. But one of the ‘leakers’ is apparently pretty accurate.

The opinion seems to be they are real but concept designs waiting approval/new logos etc

Which brings me back to my point. Given how off those logos on the leak look, whoever did them up should try something other than MS paint.

20. Rooster8

Rooster8 Juniors

When they embroid the new logo onto supporter jerseys, will they embroid the outline of the logo plus the text separately, or just embroid a big patch?