What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Reflector

Juniors
Another forgettable below collar sponsor that will be gone within a year. There must not be a lot of value for brands in that sponsorship position seeing as so many clubs seem to struggle to get one.

Regarding the Eels' Aland logo colouring - I actually kind of like the non-matching yellow and white. Not sure why.

Exactly. It looks tacky and obviously the sponsors' aren't getting their moneys' worth for it.

Lambretta

First Grade
I agree. When I first saw the ‘leaks’ I was like meh. But seeing it live has been great. I’m still curious as to what direction they will take with their heritage.

Something that reflects whatever Brisbane people traditionally do on a Friday I assume?

LineBall

Juniors
Qld Maroons facebook page says they have a special announcement at 11:10 am QLD time today. Wonder if it is their 2019 Jersey?

sempmrh

Juniors
Literally never heard of them - which I suppose is kind of the point of them becoming a sponsor. Now I have. But with State of Origin being as big as it is, is the best we can do for sponsors really just a law firm and a bank most people would have never heard of?

Chook Norris

First Grade
Literally never heard of them - which I suppose is kind of the point of them becoming a sponsor. Now I have. But with State of Origin being as big as it is, is the best we can do for sponsors really just a law firm and a bank most people would have never heard of?

Because they're so unheard of perhaps they offered a big premium. To be honest, I'm surprised a lot of the smaller/regional banks dont sponsor more organizations for exposure. People typically only know of the big 4 and a sprinkling of others

callmack1

Staff member
This isn't any kind of confirmation, just something I've noticed.

Normally, on Souths members emails, they have the main sponsors at the bottom of the email. So for 2018, Fujitsu and Crown Resorts would appear there. However, these disappeared a few weeks ago which suggest our partnership with those sponsors has unfortunately come to an end it seems.

But in the members email today, Alcatel has appeared at the bottom. Does this suggest that they are now our major sponsor and will appear on the jerseys?

greenBV4

Bench

Normally, on Souths members emails, they have the main sponsors at the bottom of the email. So for 2018, Fujitsu and Crown Resorts would appear there. However, these disappeared a few weeks ago which suggest our partnership with those sponsors has unfortunately come to an end it seems.

But in the members email today, Alcatel has appeared at the bottom. Does this suggest that they are now our major sponsor and will appear on the jerseys?
Same with Melbourne and Crown, it's still listed on the club website but it's gone from the store and memberships site as well as the training gear posted earlier

store:
Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 6.44.39 pm.png
membership:Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 6.44.52 pm.png

wonder if one of these will be upgraded or if its a new company they are waiting to announce, not sure if Suzuki being first on both means anything

sempmrh

Juniors
Same with Melbourne and Crown, it's still listed on the club website but it's gone from the store and memberships site as well as the training gear posted earlier

store:
View attachment 24845
membership:View attachment 24846

wonder if one of these will be upgraded or if its a new company they are waiting to announce, not sure if Suzuki being first on both means anything
Suzuki was always next after Crown Resorts.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

We already knew Crown was going but surprising to see Fujitsu join them. The club website seems to be absent of a lot of other things.

callmack1

Staff member
We already knew Crown was going but surprising to see Fujitsu join them. The club website seems to be absent of a lot of other things.
Yea we did already know Crown was going. I think Fujitsu pulled the pin because of the sexting 'scandal' but as it turns out, that 'scandal' came to nothing so it's a real shame we've lost a sponsor because of it.

Despite us having a boxy sponsor for years, I've always thought it still looked nice because they were never some weird colour. However, if the new main sponsor is Alcatel, that might finally pave the way for some nice sponsor intergration because it will fit in between the hoops