What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

sempmrh

Juniors
It seems the 2019 gear is being released very slowly across the NRL compared to previous years where there was a whole lot chucked up on Ebay in a couple of days.
The eBay sellers must have had a talking to because items are only going up after the clubs officially put their range up for sale. Even the 2019 NSW jersey that popped up on eBay early didn't last long before it disappeared. I get it - but it's still disappointing.

TIGER14

Bench
Broncos promo shoot of the their jerseys has been released, they aren't the player's cut (no grip strips) hence the bagginess.

65vMqr1.jpg

Non-player cut jersey helping Jack Bird look like he hasn't spent all off-season at Maccas.

kdalymc

Bench
Re- Aland. Is it a negative approach to have a logo/name with no description or indication of what they are, compared to the opposite?
I.e. I have no idea what Aland is, so I have to google it, where as NRMA insurance says it right there..
“aww I need insurance, might go with the broncos sponsor” or
WOKKA noodles for example (old tigers) you see that and you go buy some noodles...

A lot of people couldn’t be arsed doing the initial google or investigation to even see what your business is...

Now that they're official, I don't actually mind those Broncos jerseys to be honest. However, they should have stuck with 2018's design, the best they've had in a long time.

You know that I had to google search 2018 Broncos Jersey to remind myself what they looked like.. because they've had 4+ different jerseys every year it's all a blur to me.

And like a lot of things, nothing beats the original.

Looks like West’s have come through as the sternum sponsor for the knights. Also, as noticed on the Tigers jersey launch, ISC have moved away from their dot jersey grips, and now have a long hortizonal lines as grip on their jerseys as seen in the photo.
View attachment 24753

The Knights Jersey will never look good to me as long as they have a big green logo like this from NIB. Similar to when they had BP as their sponsor... Both great jersey designs absolutely befouled by the sponsor.

Similarly I don't like the blue Wentworth Williams logo on the Dragons Jerseys of late, Blue should never ever appear on a the dragons kit. And I'll never by a new jersey if they keep it there.

parrawentyfan

Juniors
I actually don’t mind the white stripe for the gold Eels jersey. I prefer it to the highlighter yellow background on the home.

Someone posted a really nice mock-up with clean sponsors last year. The strange things is that much of the Eels merchandising and corporate emails have the Aland logo on a blue background which would be perfect for the blue jersey. It is seemingly used for everything but the jerseys.

LineBall

Juniors
Based on the Broncos jersey, I have done a mockup of what the Manly one could look like. I have made the entire badge area clear of any stripes and to compensate for this I have re-introduced the shoulder stripes they had in the 80's and 90's .

View attachment 24811

This jersey with white shorts would be perfect. The maroon jersey with maroon shorts look they had this year was horrible.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Re- Aland. Is it a negative approach to have a logo/name with no description or indication of what they are, compared to the opposite?
I.e. I have no idea what Aland is, so I have to google it, where as NRMA insurance says it right there..
WOKKA noodles for example (old tigers) you see that and you go buy some noodles...

A lot of people couldn’t be arsed doing the initial google or investigation to even see what your business is...

Companies decide to sponsor events and sports teams for lots of different reasons. Some are direct sales to customer companies so the product is important ie insurance, mobile phone services, alcohol, betting etc.
others, like Aland, are about brand positioning and aren't really interested in direct customer sales (they are a property developer and most of us arent going to be choosing them to develop properties) Others just use it as a tax right off, because they are supporters of the club or just to big themselves up and get some legitimacy.

insert.pause

First Grade
Companies decide to sponsor events and sports teams for lots of different reasons. Some are direct sales to customer companies so the product is important ie insurance, mobile phone services, alcohol, betting etc.
others, like Aland, are about brand positioning and aren't really interested in direct customer sales (they are a property developer and most of us arent going to be choosing them to develop properties) Others just use it as a tax right off, because they are supporters of the club or just to big themselves up and get some legitimacy.
how could it be a "tax right (sic) off"?

Perth Red

Post Whore
how could it be a "tax right (sic) off"?

right, write whatever lol If you don't want to show a profit and don't want to pay tax on a profit then it is a legit business expense with some nice personal benefits of having a box and other perks if you happen to be a fan. Good way to not pay tax, get promotion for business and enjoy being winded and dined at the footy.

"In this case, the taxpayer intends to provide sponsorship in the belief that the exposure from that sponsorship will benefit his business in the form of advertising and will generate future income. As it is the taxpayer who determines the nature of the expenditure to be undertaken in the conduct of their business (Snowden & Willson's Case) the expenses associated with the taxpayer's sponsorship of motor cycle racing are deductible under section 8-1 of the ITAA 1997. They are in the nature of advertising expenses and are directed to enhance the income producing activities of the taxpayer's business and are not excluded on the basis of being capital or of a private or domestic nature."
https://www.ato.gov.au/law/view/document?locid='AID/AID2005284'

Chook Norris

First Grade

Fully agree with the point you're making here. Aland likely pushed for the differentiate color panel behind their logo but that doesnt help them at all - people still dont know what they do. In addition, the eels jersey is such a fail because of that and will probably result in lower sales...

Dawesy76

Juniors
I really like the Broncos jerseys, home and away
Both look really good
I agree. When I first saw the ‘leaks’ I was like meh. But seeing it live has been great. I’m still curious as to what direction they will take with their heritage.

Latest posts