What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ladder Predictions

Vic Mackey

Referee
Sliders - Storm, Rabbits, Sharks, Warriors

Improvers - Knights, Cowboys, Tigers

About the same - Eels, Titans, Raiders, Broncos, Roosters, Sea Eagles, Dogs, Dragons, Panthers

Valheru

Coach
I'm beginning to think the Sharks are a massive chance to miss the 8 and maybe even edge the bottom 4.

Their forward pack (particularly the back row) looks very thin without Lewis and Graham and their best strike weapon has left the joint.

Add to that this salary cap stuff and the rumours about the coach being on thin ice and it could be a disastrous season for them.

I'm beginning to think the Sharks are a massive chance to miss the 8 and maybe even edge the bottom 4.

Their forward pack (particularly the back row) looks very thin without Lewis and Graham and their best strike weapon has left the joint.

Add to that this salary cap stuff and the rumours about the coach being on thin ice and it could be a disastrous season for them.
They'll need Wade Graham fit for the whole year thats for sure

Valheru

Coach
Given the off season thus far, we may see an unprecedented amount of change at the top of the table.

Looking at last year's top 8, the storm you would think without Slater will regress, not to mention the Cam Smith debacle going on. Souths and Broncos both have the coaching fiasco hanging over their heads at the moment, Cronulla have retirement and injury concerns as well as a salary cap drama that won't go away and their coach under the microscope. The warriors have released SJ and the dragons now have to deal with the Widdop release request. The Panthers are fairly settled but do have the intriguing Cleary situation which will no doubt be blown up in the media the first time they lose 2 in a row. That leaves the roosters who seem settled.

The question is who is best placed to take advantage if any of the above do fall drastically?

For me the Cowboys are a massive chance of coming straight back to the top 4. Newcastle I think also have a strong chance, They will be very tough to beat at home but they still look a bit weak in the forwards. Wests are a big top 8 chance, they haven't been far away the last couple of years. I don't see much hope for GC, dogs or Parra. That leaves Canberra and Manly who have the potential to push for top 8.

gerg

Juniors
Given the off season thus far, we may see an unprecedented amount of change at the top of the table.

Looking at last year's top 8, the storm you would think without Slater will regress, not to mention the Cam Smith debacle going on. Souths and Broncos both have the coaching fiasco hanging over their heads at the moment, Cronulla have retirement and injury concerns as well as a salary cap drama that won't go away and their coach under the microscope. The warriors have released SJ and the dragons now have to deal with the Widdop release request. The Panthers are fairly settled but do have the intriguing Cleary situation which will no doubt be blown up in the media the first time they lose 2 in a row. That leaves the roosters who seem settled.

The question is who is best placed to take advantage if any of the above do fall drastically?

For me the Cowboys are a massive chance of coming straight back to the top 4. Newcastle I think also have a strong chance, They will be very tough to beat at home but they still look a bit weak in the forwards. Wests are a big top 8 chance, they haven't been far away the last couple of years. I don't see much hope for GC, dogs or Parra. That leaves Canberra and Manly who have the potential to push for top 8.

Ricky's time to 'Bradbury' right on through.

Exsilium

First Grade
I was concerned that Penrith wouldnt make the eight with a number of teams improving their rosters whereas I think ours is weaker than 2018.

A lot would have us certainties and some think we are top four (Yeah, nah) but my my view is that our forward pack is lacking and unless we stay injury free, we will struggle

footy75

Bench
Sharks are interesting....when they lost VH and we thought they could struggle to play finals now with Johnson in the mix things have all of a sudden changed. Going to be very interesting what impact he will have in his new colours... he's an exciting player t watch. Looking forward to it.

Top 8 in 2019

1. Roosters (The Big 5 backs and Key 5 forwards are too awesome)
2. Rabbitohs (Bennett will get Slammin' Sam, the twins, Johnston, and Inglis firing)
3. Sharks (Johnson will have enough blinders to make the team dangerous on his day)
4. Storm (Will miss Billy Slater but still has the hooking Smiths, Bromwiches, great wingers and Munster)
5. Dragons (Widdop, Frizell, the reunited Sims brothers and Hunt will keep them in contention)
6. Broncos (Siebold will put some fire in the team)
7. Raiders (With Hodgson playing all year, a strong pack and excellent three quarters they will compete)
8. Knights (Klemmer will make a difference to the pack and give Pearce, Ponga and Ramien opportunities)

9. Cowboys (Barba, Morgan, Taumalolo and Nene Macdonald will lift them from the bottom, but not enough)
10. Sea Eagles. (Hasler will make a difference if Taupau stays)
11. Panthers (Will miss Peachey and Ben Garcia, and Maloney will miss too many tackles).
12. Warriors (Will miss Shaun Johnson)
13. Titans (Will benefit from Meninga's help)
14. Tigers (Will miss Ivan Cleary)
15. Parramatta (will miss Hayne)
16. Bulldogs (Will miss Klemmer)

Last edited:

Latest posts