What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Membership

greenBV4

Bench
Im now a one game member

Mostly because I can't afford or commit time to how many games I can make in a year. I definitely go to more than 1, will probably end up being 5ish, or more if we get home finals again, but I got the 1 game just so that Im still supporting the club in some way, I get the membership pack (not really much in it but oh well) and I also receive communication from the club about deals, sponsors, early access etc etc. I can also choose to upgrade again at any time

A member is a member (pet memberships is where i would draw the line..) it'd be interesting to see how many full ticketed members each club has, but for the sake of sponsorship (probably one of the clubs biggest incentives to increase members) it doesn't really matter. Especially if those 1 game members are buying tickets to the other games anyway (like I do)

Hank_Scorpio

Juniors
Interested to know why you think this.

I used to be annoyed at the Bunnies because they have so many non-ticketed members but the more I thought about it, good on them for understanding that not everyone wants to go to every game but still signing people up as a captive audience.

The more members clubs have - ticketed or not - the more people they have the ability to market directly to for all kinds of purposes.

I also think it's shit that someone is considered any less a member because they can't attend as many games, whether that's for health, location or other reasons. Why should they be not considered a member?

Should have clarified better. Memberships are a key performance metric that can be exploited using one game tickets effectively.

I think if they are to be included there should be a disclosure on the breakdown of memberships as to ticketed, non-ticketed, full, 3 games etc to give a better indication of the impact of memberships on revenue generation and how that can be linked to crowd attendance. Feels a little like a like a pissing contest to see who can get a bigger number any way they can. Non ticketed members are a great way to show support if out of town or can't attend, I agree on that. A team getting 20k 1 game memberships is made to look just as well as a team selling 20k full year memberships, its a misleading representation in impact and level of support.

Based on last year, I could have been a member of about 8 different teams across 5 different sports if all it took to be a member was to buy a ticket to a game :cool:

greenBV4

Bench
Should have clarified better. Memberships are a key performance metric that can be exploited using one game tickets effectively.

I think if they are to be included there should be a disclosure on the breakdown of memberships as to ticketed, non-ticketed, full, 3 games etc to give a better indication of the impact of memberships on revenue generation and how that can be linked to crowd attendance. Feels a little like a like a pissing contest to see who can get a bigger number any way they can. Non ticketed members are a great way to show support if out of town or can't attend, I agree on that. A team getting 20k 1 game memberships is made to look just as well as a team selling 20k full year memberships, its a misleading representation in impact and level of support.

Based on last year, I could have been a member of about 8 different teams across 5 different sports if all it took to be a member was to buy a ticket to a game :cool:

Agree with most of this except the last bit, although the price could be basically the same the difference is the membership money is going directly to the club, and you are also signing up for communication from the club, which is how they push their sponsors and deals onto you

As much as it would be interesting to see the full breakdown, I think you would also find that based off a percentage most clubs would probably be around the same anyway

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I don't get what's being exploited though. All clubs would be out to maximise revenue.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well why are we bothered how many members clubs have got? Why do you produce a table of membership numbers? We are obviously subscribing some metric to the number of members. More members is seen a sa more successful club in some way. Except if you are just handing memberships out with one game tickets then is it really proving anything? Maybe it is. Its not a bad thing but we have a thread that is judging successful growth by numbers of members so I can we are subscribing success to numbers? It might be Titans 6k members are all full ticketed and earning them more money than someones 15k one ticket memberships etc?

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
Well why are we bothered how many members clubs have got? Why do you produce a table of membership numbers? We are obviously subscribing some metric to the number of members. More members is seen a sa more successful club in some way. Except if you are just handing memberships out with one game tickets then is it really proving anything? Maybe it is. Its not a bad thing but we have a thread that is judging successful growth by numbers of members so I can we are subscribing success to numbers? It might be Titans 6k members are all full ticketed and earning them more money than someones 15k one ticket memberships etc?
Because it’s a fun thread and I like keeping track.

taipan

Referee
Notice Panthers,Tits,Tigers haven't changed for at least a couple of weeks.Their updated figures, should further boost the difference .

Perth Red

Post Whore
I’m expecting parra numbers to surge this year and next after their fans had a taste of bankwest

I wonder how they work out capacity issues? Say they have 20k full ticket members in a 30k capacity stadium. Do they only then sell 10,000 one game ticket memberships in case everyone turns up at the same game or do they err on the side of probability and figure that 1 or 3 game ticket holders are unlikely to all come to the same games?
Not an issue now as I doubt many clubs have more than 10k full ticket holders but maybe in the future?

juro

Bench
I wonder how they work out capacity issues? Say they have 20k full ticket members in a 30k capacity stadium. Do they only then sell 10,000 one game ticket memberships in case everyone turns up at the same game or do they err on the side of probability and figure that 1 or 3 game ticket holders are unlikely to all come to the same games?
Not an issue now as I doubt many clubs have more than 10k full ticket holders but maybe in the future?
I would suggest that if that situation arose, the club would not cap part-season memberships, but then make part-season members register their intention to attend a particular match. Then its first in, best dressed.

Billythekid

First Grade
View attachment 29553

Not as far ahead as last year although no word from Penrith or WT in a while. Still, we surpassed 2017 grand total in the last week or so and still on track for another new record by end of season.

https://leagueunlimited.com/news/32567-2019-nrl-club-membership-tracker/

I wouldn’t expect panthers or tigers to be adding a lot at this stage. Still if we can add another 5K members this year I’d be happy with that. This has been the worst off season I can remember and I’m sure that’s had an impact. The new stadiums in the next 5-10 years should help continue pushing thennumbers forward.

Timmah

Staff member
I wouldn’t expect panthers or tigers to be adding a lot at this stage. Still if we can add another 5K members this year I’d be happy with that. This has been the worst off season I can remember and I’m sure that’s had an impact. The new stadiums in the next 5-10 years should help continue pushing thennumbers forward.
When I refer to those two clubs, sorry I wasn't clearer, it's because they don't have counters on their own sites and they haven't provided an update to the NRL in more than a month now. Their figures are almost certainly higher than is shown above, is what I meant.

Timmah

Staff member
upload_2019-5-18_8-36-42.png

With that milestone the Knights jump marginally ahead of the Dragons, while the Raiders pass the Panthers on account of Penrith not having updated their tally basically since Round 1.

The margin on same time last year is shrinking but I think part of that is to do with a couple of clubs (Penrith and WT in particular) with no updates in a long time.

https://leagueunlimited.com/news/32567-2019-nrl-club-membership-tracker/

Billythekid

First Grade
When I refer to those two clubs, sorry I wasn't clearer, it's because they don't have counters on their own sites and they haven't provided an update to the NRL in more than a month now. Their figures are almost certainly higher than is shown above, is what I meant.

True but I don’t see them jumping a great deal. It wouldn’t add more than a couple of thousand to the total.