What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020: NRL 360

Kornstar

Coach
In fairness, a new coach at Parra has invariably meant rebuild because the previous build was started on a foundation of plop.

Has that been every past Parra coaches fault? They've certainly not helped, but the fact that it has happened several times makes me believe that our issues are much bigger than any one coach that we have had (or have).

There's a reason why certain clubs are perennial winners and others are perennial losers. occasionally there is a shit coach (Kearney) who even though the general management of the club is garbage, still manages to show a complete lack of preparation continuously.

For the most part though there are too many people in these unsuccessful clubs that have been around for too long and help to maintain that losing culture.

I still see so many people that are affiliated with this club around for the last few decades (observations over a long period of time and getting to games early and seeing for myself). They have their little special lanyards with the relevant "I'm important" credentials.......I often wonder if when Souths cleaned out if those are the people they also cleaned out. Sure they're not on the coaching staff but they still are part of the culture if they are important enough to go in the sheds etc.

Anyways, Kent is a merkin!

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
I lold at Kent the other say having a winge about Seibold and how he shouldn’t have let go of Nikorima because he’s a good player.
Kodi is a very average player, he has done SFA tonight too.
Kent really isn’t all there.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
There's a reason why certain clubs are perennial winners and others are perennial losers. occasionally there is a shit coach (Kearney) who even though the general management of the club is garbage, still manages to show a complete lack of preparation continuously.

For the most part though there are too many people in these unsuccessful clubs that have been around for too long and help to maintain that losing culture.

I still see so many people that are affiliated with this club around for the last few decades (observations over a long period of time and getting to games early and seeing for myself). They have their little special lanyards with the relevant "I'm important" credentials.......I often wonder if when Souths cleaned out if those are the people they also cleaned out. Sure they're not on the coaching staff but they still are part of the culture if they are important enough to go in the sheds etc.

Anyways, Kent is a merkin!
Agree mate. F**k them off.

Maybe we can have half time entertainment where they are strung up on the cross bar by their lanyards?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Did Fittler drop or not pick one of Kent's bum chums? I cant read it behind the pay wall but thats probably for the best.

Eelementary

Post Whore
He's annoying, but I reckon he has a point.

Fittler parades around about needing to change the culture, and to put players in the squad who bleed Blue - and he drops one of our best performers from Game I...

What's even scarier is that Klemmer performed that way with a broken wrist?

And Klemmer's response to being dropped was not to sulk, but to come back, and single-handedly destroy Brisbane.

It took Sims being suspended to get Klemmer back into the squad.

I don't know how Fittler can say that Klemmer isn't deserving of being in his newly-constructed, culture-oriented squad, when Klemmer has shown that he is all about good culture, bleeding Blue, and putting in 100%.

Paul Kent is a dick, but I reckon he makes some good points.

strider

Post Whore
He's annoying, but I reckon he has a point.

Fittler parades around about needing to change the culture, and to put players in the squad who bleed Blue - and he drops one of our best performers from Game I...

What's even scarier is that Klemmer performed that way with a broken wrist?

And Klemmer's response to being dropped was not to sulk, but to come back, and single-handedly destroy Brisbane.

It took Sims being suspended to get Klemmer back into the squad.

I don't know how Fittler can say that Klemmer isn't deserving of being in his newly-constructed, culture-oriented squad, when Klemmer has shown that he is all about good culture, bleeding Blue, and putting in 100%.

Paul Kent is a dick, but I reckon he makes some good points.
He didn't drop klemmer .... klemmer broke his arm .... fittler then stuck solid with a team that had the best NSW win in f**k knows how long - which was a fair call i think

who says klemmer is even 100%? .... lack of match fitness and a potentially suss arm ???

Eelementary

Post Whore
He didn't drop klemmer .... klemmer broke his arm .... fittler then stuck solid with a team that had the best NSW win in f**k knows how long - which was a fair call i think

who says klemmer is even 100%? .... lack of match fitness and a potentially suss arm ???

He looked ok when he tore Brisbane a new one...

Fair enough, he wasn't dropped, but it's funny that he is straight back in when Sims is unavailable...if he's injured...

TheRam

Coach

I think most are missing the point as to why Klemmer was originally left out of the team. Firstly though I'll say that I don't agree with this train of thought before some of you attack the messenger as usual.

The selectors believe that by keeping the same team as game 2 it would force the team to play a more expansive game. You know throw the ball around more from end to end, side to side stuff, due to being a less powerful up the middle-third type of team, just like they did in game 2. This they believe is what won them the game. By not having a guaranteed metre eater the team will be more agile and play a fast open game. The school of thought is that that is what SOO is all about and why QLD have been so dominant even when they had, on paper at least, lesser teams.

Qld play QLD type of footy and NSW play predictable structured NSW type of footy, which is seen as negative footy for this type of game where you have an opposition that is high quality and CAN throw the ball around with minimal errors, unlike at club level where the standard is lower. So when the game gets tough if Klemmer is there, as he was in the first game, the team will instinctively revert back to playing back through the middle-third, which by managements way of thinking is playing into QLDs hands.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

Is that what Kent is having a whinge about? What a f**ken dickhead.

Gronk

Staff member
Kent said on 2MMM that the article was tongue in cheek really. Which is a confession that he writes shit for clickbait and to trigger outrage. No surprise really as that is Murdoch 101.

Hooper called him a pelican and he then tried to justify how Fittler was lucky that the Qld immortals have all retired and gifted Freddy success. Which is total bullshit and he knows it. Even before Game 2 this year good judges had Qld the favs.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Kent said on 2MMM that the article was tongue in cheek really. Which is a confession that he writes shit for clickbait and to trigger outrage. No surprise really as that is Murdoch 101.

Hooper called him a pelican and he then tried to justify how Fittler was lucky that the Qld immortals have all retired and gifted Freddy success. Which is total bullshit and he knows it. Even before Game 2 this year good judges had Qld the favs.
Lol what a tosser.