What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 NRL Ad Campaign

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I think it's more about signalling the end of an error. Thurston, Slater, etc, retiring.

Taumalolo, Ponga, Addo Carr, etc etc. They are the new error.

It's good. Spot lighting the players/characters.

Yeh, this is what i mean. They are trying to establish the vibe of the season. Problem is, it will evapoate into the ether by next week...

The only way this kind of thing will ever stick is if the NRL write into the TV contract that this clip needs to be the opening of EVERY broadcast.

Short of that, this is useless.

simmo05

Bench
Yeh, this is what i mean. They are trying to establish the vibe of the season. Problem is, it will evapoate into the ether by next week...

The only way this kind of thing will ever stick is if the NRL write into the TV contract that this clip needs to be the opening of EVERY broadcast.

Short of that, this is useless.

In summing up, it’s the constitution, it’s Mabo, it’s justice, it’s law, it’s the vibe and aah no that’s it, it’s the vibe

Saxon

Bench
I'm glad it's digital. Cos if it was on film it would be a f**kin' waste of celluloid.

Seriously, what message are they trying to sell?

Silent Knight

First Grade
Why didn’t the NRL wheel out POPEYE to deliver a sermon. It could go something like this...

It’s not about the State of Wank
It’s not even about the Pissant Cup,
That’s what the Rednecks and Yabbies want you to believe,
But I’ll tell you something that only me and the rough crowd down in the men’s shed really understand, if you get my sav.
It’s all about the Shield mate, yep that’s right the Shield,
And if you believe anything else well then you’re just pissin’ in the wind...

NRL 2019

hrundi99

First Grade
The thing that kills me is that i dont think the NRL actually know what the goal is with that ad. What do they want to achieve?

Sell tickets? Nope, no prices or anything.
Spread awareness? Whats the point, it will be in all the papers

I think the real idea is to set the tone/vibe of the game, which is actually a super necessary and valuable thing. But what are 5 ads in the preseason actually going to do?

I think the only way something lime this will get real cut-through is if they write into the tv contract that the networks need to play it before every broadcast. Prime views with these ads right before they actually take the game in

Who reads the papers?

hrundi99

First Grade
I think it's more about signalling the end of an error. Thurston, Slater, etc, retiring.

Taumalolo, Ponga, Addo Carr, etc etc. They are the new error.

It's good. Spot lighting the players/characters.

Error or era?

Pedge1971

First Grade
Why didn’t the NRL wheel out POPEYE to deliver a sermon. It could go something like this...

It’s not about the State of Wank
It’s not even about the Pissant Cup,
That’s what the Rednecks and Yabbies want you to believe,
But I’ll tell you something that only me and the rough crowd down in the men’s shed really understand, if you get my sav.
It’s all about the Shield mate, yep that’s right the Shield,
And if you believe anything else well then you’re just pissin’ in the wind...

NRL 2019

No lolly jars or shallow end of the pool ol mate?