What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 R23 Fri - Broncos 20-22 Rabbitohs @ Suncorp

Round 23: Broncos v Rabbitohs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

insert.pause

First Grade
The way that game ended was embarrassing, the refs had no control, repeatedly yelling to play the ball & being ignored. They should have the balls to assert their authority & penalise them, it’s in the rulebook ffs.

yobbo84

First Grade
Our bench was Mark Nicholls, Dean Britt, Tom Amone and Bayley Sironen. None of them would go close to making the 17 of most other top 8 sides. Broncos have no excuses.

I thought the shapes they threw at us were very poor, especially considering that was all we did last year under Seibold.

insert.pause

First Grade
Our bench was Mark Nicholls, Dean Britt, Tom Amone and Bayley Sironen. None of them would go close to making the 17 of most other top 8 sides. Broncos have no excuses.

I thought the shapes they threw at us were very poor, especially considering that was all we did last year under Seibold.
They haven’t had shape all year, because they don’t have a settled halves pairing, Dearden is the anointed halfback and he’s gone for the year, up until 2 weeks ago SOS was injured as well. Why do you think they have been playing a hooker & fb in the halves? And they were without Turpin tonight as well. It was a fair fight, both sides had key players missing. You can’t claim Souths having players out as a reason for why Brisbane should have won anymore than you can blame Brisbane having players out for why they lost.

some11

Referee
Amazing game, Souths too good

Proud of the guys, we were absolutely cut to shreds by some scintillating attack, you'll go a long way to see some of those tries put on again but we kept coming at them
Once this Broncos pack coming through gets some decent (and actual) halves they're going to be really fun to watch.

Boyd and McCullough are the only things holding them back.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
MATCH REPORT: Rabbitohs 22 Broncos 20:

Two former Broncos binned as Souths win thriller
Andrew Jackson | August 23 2019 9:56PM

Brisbane Broncos v South Sydney Rabbitohs

The South Sydney Rabbitohs have kept their top-four hopes alive with a 22-20 win as tempers flared against the Brisbane Broncos on Friday night.

The coaching staff had their say for both sides during the week in an intense war of words that set the stage for a heated exchange at Suncorp Stadium.

And that feeling transferred onto the field as both former Broncos James Roberts and Jaydn Su'A were sent to the sin bin.

Roberts found himself binned in the 14th minute for elbowing Corey Oates in the face after taking him into touch with Su'A given his marching orders early in the second half for a similar infringement.

Read the full report - https://leagueunlimited.com/news/33972-broncos-v-rabbitohs-report/

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I don't know if Wayne instructed his players to grub it up as much as they did to throw us off (that sounds more like a Demetridouche move to me) but if he did well, he lost a lot of respect from me today.

Smack

Coach
And the Storm, if they stop fading out of games they should win.

I honestly think souths will be there in the end, the defence is great and cook is too dangerous late in games when fatigue kicks in. Speed kills.

gerg

Juniors
The way that game ended was embarrassing, the refs had no control, repeatedly yelling to play the ball & being ignored. They should have the balls to assert their authority & penalise them, it’s in the rulebook ffs.

The irony is that defending teams do everything in their power to slow the ruck down but then in a situation like that they expect teams to play it quicker. There really isn't anything the refs could have done differently.

But really, how good is it to see Lodge lose his shit like that.

Spot On

Coach
Was the Broncos halfback playing with a serious leg injury or is he just very, very slow???

Wayne has certainly stitched the Broncos up leaving them Milford and Boyd on millions for years to come.

Boyd must retire at season's end.

Sullivan will make a decent bush footballer.

Last edited:

Nerd

Bench
I honestly think souths will be there in the end, the defence is great and cook is too dangerous late in games when fatigue kicks in. Speed kills.
Nah they only just beat a Broncos team with a rookie halfback and Darius Boyd in the halves. A contender team would have put at least 20+ on us like the Storm did. Having Darius Boyd in our side is like playing the entire game with 12 men.

Smack

Coach
Nah they only just beat a Broncos team with a rookie halfback and Darius Boyd in the halves. A contender team would have put at least 20+ on us like the Storm did. Having Darius Boyd in our side is like playing the entire game with 12 men.

Well they are in the top 4 for a reason

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Was the Broncos halfback playing with a serious leg injury or is he just very, very slow???

Wayne has certainly stitched the Broncos up leaving them Milford and Boyd on millions for years to come.

Boyd must retire at season's end.

Sullivan will make a decent bush footballer.
Sullivan has a very strange running style, actually looks like he has a problem with his hips.

Mr Spock!

Referee
I don't know if Wayne instructed his players to grub it up as much as they did to throw us off (that sounds more like a Demetridouche move to me) but if he did well, he lost a lot of respect from me today.
488148_10152712213890511_781237192_n.jpg

Mr Spock!

Referee
And we outscored you when we did have 12 players. The Rabbits team has been unsettled and knocked around with injury for the past 10 weeks.

Latest posts