What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 R25 Thu - Rabbitohs 16-10 Roosters @ ANZ

Round 25: Rabbitohs v Roosters

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yobbo84

First Grade
I went to this game as a neutral.
Usually, the Roosters be winning games, and so their supporters have always struck me as less bogan than others.
Dear God how I was wrong.
Once the bunnies were ahead, the ferality and boganity in many of the genteel in red white and blue shone through like a 20000 lumen spotlight.
Souffs have the reputation for bogan, feral and apoplectic fans.
Roosters fans behind on the scoreboard . . ." hold my beer"
That's because, genuinely, we don't like each other. It's probably only our shared Australian-ness that stops riots TBH hahaha

Souths again outplayed us, especially in the second half. My team fumbled under the pressure in the second half with their poor ball control.

yobbo84

First Grade
I thought the Roosters left side defence was a lot looser than it has been with Cordner back. The blokes knees are shot, he's going to have trouble walking when he's 40.

How the Roosters played yesterday though, was essentially meaningless. We already know they're good enough. Yesterday was all about Souths proving we deserve our Top 4 spot. And we do.

Should be a cracking finals series,

Bloke

Juniors
Gagai's defensive shitness was responsible for most of the damage done in the first half, too. He's an absolute liability.
Gagai is a modern day Rowdy Shearer. Very average club player who turns into flippin’ Superman when he pulls a maroon jersey on.

magpie_man

Juniors
I think every team in the top 4 will get one opportunity to beat the Roosters in the closing weeks & finals series.
Souths just used-up theirs'.

This Year?

Immortal
It was a thoroughly enjoyable, high quality game and you could feel prior to the game it meant more to Souths than the Roosters.
My favourite moment of the game when was immortal Andrew Johns said it was a bad idea moving Cameron Murray to centre when Dane Gagai went off injured.
For those screaming for JWH to get suspended after that tackle, what is he supposed to do? He can't pull out of it and Knight was falling.

Mr Spock!

Referee
It was a thoroughly enjoyable, high quality game and you could feel prior to the game it meant more to Souths than the Roosters.
My favourite moment of the game when was immortal Andrew Johns said it was a bad idea moving Cameron Murray to centre when Dane Gagai went off injured.
For those screaming for JWH to get suspended after that tackle, what is he supposed to do? He can't pull out of it and Knight was falling.
I doubt if it was burgess you'd be saying the same thing.

Would be a joke if numbnuts gets suspended for pulling hair while jwh gets off.

This Year?

Immortal
I doubt if it was burgess you'd be saying the same thing.

Would be a joke if numbnuts gets suspended for pulling hair while jwh gets off.
I don't like either player, but if they Burgess done exactly the same thing that JWH did last night then neither should have a case to answer.

BadnMean

Juniors

I can't say what he should have done. But when you make 2 points of contact with a bloke- look closely his SHOULDER hits knight in the temple at the same time the arm clatters in to the jaw- when you make 2 points of contact & BOTH are high you're "oh he fell into my arm" excuse starts to look flimsy, against the words "careless" & even "reckless", to which he must answer.

Not even the media could be convinced to trot out , "Not his go" this time. It absolutely IS his go, he battered him shoulder to head & arm to jaw. Sometimes you get a rough cop for a hard tackle gone wrong.

Wow. Only “working class” fans act like dicks? Change your profile pic-Des wasn’t a pathetic snob.

Mate, as a general rule, I don’t take anything said on LU seriously. Besides, it’s no different than the rest of you thinking we’re Chardonnay/late sippers

yobbo84

First Grade
Aaaand it's on again next week. Expecting a whole different opposition this time. Gees the buildup will be something....