What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ratings

Canard

Immortal
he is also saying that the charity shield was -31% from last year. i'm a dragons fan, and it is usually a big deal. this year seemed to slip past a little, but in fact we have Bennett at the Bunnies now, i would have thought it would be bigger.

i can only link this to de belin, or perhaps it is an aberration. who knows. it's not a positive, but it is only a trial and it was taken out of the city and to a regional area (Mudgee) so perhaps that affected?

No a fan of either team, but I would normally watch this.

However, last Saturday I had the option of watching my team streaming their trial game, so I did that instead(I'm sure a lot of other teams had the same option)

Starkers

Bench
No a fan of either team, but I would normally watch this.

However, last Saturday I had the option of watching my team streaming their trial game, so I did that instead(I'm sure a lot of other teams had the same option)

yeah perhaps there has been a fair bit of dispersion on the trials via streaming, good call. usually the charity shield is the only gig in town. i guess we find out on thursday.

Stallion

First Grade
Entertaining opener for the season. Should rate well.Enjoyed it thoroughly. Game flowed very well. Especially this early in the season.

Starkers

Bench
ch9:

keen to see fox/kayo

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-15_10-9-41.png
    upload_2019-3-15_10-9-41.png
    460 KB · Views: 133
Last edited by a moderator:
Lol
The footy starts ....the sideshow off season dramas ( bad as they are) are pushed into the background .
Im sure that news ltd will be churning out the stories to keep the negativity in the headlines ..
Lol doesn't make any difference to ratings .

taipan

Referee
Get Kent on the phone."That you mumbles?,we need more admin/ref/coach/player bashing ,the game itself is just not what it's about."

Ben you just nod your head in agreement ,when he fires away .OK?

azza29

Juniors
Curious whether those Fox figures include Kayo streaming, or whether the new service has any impact at all?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Curious whether those Fox figures include Kayo streaming, or whether the new service has any impact at all?
Fox figures are live cable/sat subscriber only, not Kayo or Foxtel streaming

The following snippet is from an article published today by Crikey -

Ah, the first injury of the season, the first try, the first conversion; an NRL game won by Melbourne and not a sex tape in sight.

The NRL shook off all its off-season dramas and returned to Nine and Foxtel last night when the Melbourne Storm beat Brisbane Broncos. The Nine audience of 849,000 nationally was the highest for three years — the 2017 opener had 847,000 nationally and the 2018 game had 765,000. A further 334,000 watched the game on Foxtel, (231,000 watched the 2017 opener on Foxtel, and 261,000 in 2018). Combined, the total national audience of 1.183 million disappointed all those who thought the stupid and appalling off-season events would damage the audience numbers. If anything it has heightened interest in the actual game, not the antics of the idiots.

I only posted it as it included figures for the opening game for 2018 and 2017.

insert.pause

First Grade
I think tonight’s games may suffer somewhat from the rolling coverage of the nz terror attack.

Some will no doubt spin it as a result of offseason.

Starkers

Bench
this one feels a little bit light on ch9, perhaps the contest being wet etc?

fox decent:

good lead in from knights v sharks, a game which was nil-all at halftime too:

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-16_13-7-57.png
    upload_2019-3-16_13-7-57.png
    473.5 KB · Views: 59
  • upload_2019-3-16_13-8-20.png
    upload_2019-3-16_13-8-20.png
    466.6 KB · Views: 60
  • upload_2019-3-16_13-9-2.png
    upload_2019-3-16_13-9-2.png
    429.8 KB · Views: 59