What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Trials

George Dragon

Juniors
Just wondering - Has anyone got any goss on the situation with Pearson? I wonder if it's a case of cold feet about the move or family issues!

And Eddie Blacker. His profile is up with the NRL squad on our website. But no sign of him last week ( Nothing posted with ISP for this week so he may be there?)
He looks like he had no problems training when they had those video clips on the training paddock with his interview which he did a few weeks ago.

Very strange.
Jonus had a family funeral
Eddie had a got hit out last week in ISP
Played big minutes
He will be playing ISP on weekend

George Dragon

Juniors
Just want to get this off my chest because it does really does piss me off.

I've been on the Souths site t checked out how they have posted their trial teams for their fans.

Very professional - three teams - 1 to 13, plus number subs. All three grades.

McGregor really irritates me in the way he seems to be trying to play clever games, and at the same time i'm sure annoying the fan base that really cares about what's happening at the club.

So - Just a "squad" of players, no mention (yet?) of the ISP or NYC.
He's carrying on like he is really not sure of the make up of the round 1 team.

But those of us who have had to bear the bullshit that goes on with him ever since he has been in charge know that the team that he will run out with in Round 1 is already to cut and paste.

Assuming that DeBelin plays, and barring any injuries from this weeks game i have no doubt the line up for the Cowboys will look like this.

1. Widdop
2. Periera
3. Aitken
4. Lafai
5. Lomax
6. Norman
7. Hunt
8. Graham
9. McInnes
10.Vaughan
11. Frizzel
12. Simms
13. Debelin

14. Latimore
15. Lawrie
16. Luciano
17. Dufty

And if Debelin is out, you can bet Jacob Host will be in there somewhere.

Not my choice but based on McGregor's selections for the past three years I doubt I will be far wrong.

Why does he have to play funny games. The only person he is fooling is himself and it really shits me up the wall.
Agree the clubs updates and info for all lower grades and junior reps is a disgrace
I think you will be spot on with that team

possm

Coach
Hi Pos,
The one thing that McGregor hasn’t moved on during his tenure as coach is his blind loyalty to his perceived top 17.

Hopefully I’m wrong but I will be surprised if he makes any radical selections.

As far as a team is concerned I only have a strong position on three things.

1. Lomax should be selected in the centres.
2. Aitken is a first grade standard player, but he not a centre. I think he could add value as a backrower or a sub.
3. That Robson is ready to to take the step up to NRL selection.

Thank you very much. For what it's worth I agree with all you said.

Dragonsamy

Bench
Hi Pos,
The one thing that McGregor hasn’t moved on during his tenure as coach is his blind loyalty to his perceived top 17.

Hopefully I’m wrong but I will be surprised if he makes any radical selections.

As far as a team is concerned I only have a strong position on three things.

1. Lomax should be selected in the centres.
2. Aitken is a first grade standard player, but he not a centre. I think he could add value as a backrower or a sub.
3. That Robson is ready to to take the step up to NRL selection.

Dragon66
Agree re Aitken
But can't find a spot for him on the bench.
As Robson can do that has successfully as he can he can play anywhere in the forwards.
To me Aitken play centre or not at all.

RufusRex

Post Whore
Dragon66
Agree re Aitken
But can't find a spot for him on the bench.
As Robson can do that has successfully as he can he can play anywhere in the forwards.
To me Aitken play centre or not at all.

Aitken -> Reggies to learn how to be a lock/edge forward .. needs to forget about ever being a centre again. Just doesnt seem to have the instincts for it ..

Hard running is great .. but if you dont have the passing game then your defence cannot be questionable (Matt Cooper/Terry Hill great examples here)

Last edited:

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Like the trial against the Knights, winning, drawing or losing is not as important as how we win, draw or lose.
I'm looking for
More cohesion between Hunt and Norman
Widdop at fullback being more committed to the ball
How our rotations are enforced
How Friz goes at 13 and Leilua and Host at right edge.

and finally:
I'm looking how Bennett treats this trial and how McGregor responds, or does McGregor force the hand of Bennett.

nontime111

Juniors
so sorry to hear about Jonus Pearsons family

Im sure I speak on behalf of every single, not only Dragons fan, but every Rugby League fan in general to say were all so sorry for your loss and we are all sharing your pain brother and that were all here for you and sending our best to you and your family at this sad time

Latest posts