What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Charity Shield

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Ok dude, I wasn’t questioning your opinion. Just sharing mine about the current trend in jerseys. Relax!
Don’t stress bro..

Jimmy doesn’t even know the club colours, let alone the jerseys..

Pretty sure he’s a Tigers troll..

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Billy came on when we were up 6-4 and when he went off we were down 16-12
When he come on we started going forward. We were ahead due to a kick, when he went off we were still in a position to win. As soon as we went off our forward momentum slowed down and we lacked spark. I played hooker from my very first game when I was 6 to my very last game when I got a compound fracture, he makes a difference to our team. Luke does the stuff that looks good but BB does the stuff not everyone notices.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
When he come on we started going forward. We were ahead due to a kick, when he went off we were still in a position to win. As soon as we went off our forward momentum slowed down and we lacked spark. I played hooker from my very first game when I was 6 to my very last game when I got a compound fracture, he makes a difference to our team. Luke does the stuff that looks good but BB does the stuff not everyone notices.
So we’re debating fact with your personal, singular playing experience?

This can only end well...

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
The Good: Tyrell F. looks promising and is worth a gamble for round one. Williame showed some surprising skill, but what he’s being compared with (i.e. Aitken/Lafai) isn’t much to begin with anyway. Lomax was good until a few errors crept in late; I’m still unconvinced about him under high kicks. Peorera remains easily remains unchanged as the club’s best winger.

The Bad: even though it was only a glorified trial, I was very disappointed with Hunt who looked disinterested and rusty. His passing was clumsy and bordered on amateurish. Luke looked like an old hooker, which, of course, he is,

The Ugly: Norman is a myth. And then there’s McIdiot smiling on the sideline looking as though he hasn’t a care in the world.

Woe is a Dragons’ fan. 2020 will be bad.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
So we’re debating fact with your personal, singular playing experience?

This can only end well...
Im saying I know the position well, I watch them closely. If anyone else watched closely they will also see how many more metres we make when he's on than when Luke is on. Watch it again yourself if you want.

giboz71

First Grade
The reason we never do well in this game in the McGregor era is that he seems to like to flog the players the weeks before Round 1, then have us taper. It didn't really affect us in the Newy trial as it was a completely different line up in the 2nd half.

This week, our starters played more minutes to try and simulate a real game. I assume his theory is the more miles in the legs now will benefit us during the season. This hasn't really worked in season's past, but hey, that's Mary.

The first half was probably a better indicator when the starters on both sides were on. Our defensive intensity was evident and we did ok. 2nd half, the Souths 2nd team were playing flat out, as most are trying to secure a spot in the 17 (much like our 2nd team last week against Newcastle).

Our defence dropped noticeably in the 2nd 40, as does always seems to happen in this game.

So I'm gonna hold off on the razor blades until we actually get flogged in a proper game.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Im saying I know the position well, I watch them closely. If anyone else watched closely they will also see how many more metres we make when he's one than when Luke is on. Watch it again yourself if you want.
You can make all the metres you like.

If the opposition scores more points than you, they win.

Rugby league isn’t won or lost on metres.

boardlumps62

Juniors
But Corey said they Ben and him had a new attack style sorry didn't see it. Gotta say we did go ok in the first 40 after a typical early Fu...K up

Shaun_Timmins

Juniors
Tear me to shreds at your will, but I think we have a pretty reasonable squad. I used to think it was wasted energy to go on about it, but Uncle McFester is definitely the issue, his constant poor decisions with our backline is what is the key issue.
My opinion is, focus the negative energy towards the real issue and hopefully we will get the coach we deserve sooner rather than later. There’s promise here. And it’s not even round one. Keep fighting the good fight fellas and let’s enjoy a good year of league

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
You can make all the metres you like.

If the opposition scores more points than you, they win.

Rugby league isn’t won or lost on metres.
Its hard to score points or defend points when you are camped in your end all night though isn't it. Even you are not that stupid. Rugby League and Rugby Union have always been a game of possession and field position and always will be. The more times you get into that strike zone the more chances to score points is it not? When you have outside backs like ours that strike zone is pretty narrow. Once in position its up to our halves and they failed miserably but that is no fault of BB.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Tear me to shreds at your will, but I think we have a pretty reasonable squad. I used to think it was wasted energy to go on about it, but Uncle McFester is definitely the issue, his constant poor decisions with our backline is what is the key issue.
My opinion is, focus the negative energy towards the real issue and hopefully we will get the coach we deserve sooner rather than later. There’s promise here. And it’s not even round one. Keep fighting the good fight fellas and let’s enjoy a good year of league
Our outside backs are still a major weakness for me, Brandy was hinting at it all night which was nice to see. Wiliame looks more than good enough for me but will he be picked and why does Euan have no competition for his spot?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Its hard to score points or defend points when you are camped in your end all night though isn't it. Even you are not that stupid. Rugby League and Rugby Union have always been a game of possession and field position and always will be. The more times you get into that strike zone the more chances to score points is it not? When you have outside backs like ours that strike zone is pretty narrow. Once in position its up to our halves and they failed miserably but that is no fault of BB.
It’s easy to score points if you have a good attack, just look at our multitude of wins under Bennett...

And easy to defend points it you have a good defence..

Clear example is our game
in Wollongong in around ‘10 or ‘11 when we defended 6 sets of 6 on our line vs manly...

Whilst I applaud your efforts playing junior footy, it’s difficult to translate your experience into those of the first grade team..

Shaun_Timmins

Juniors
Our outside backs are still a major weakness for me, Brandy was hinting at it all night which was nice to see. Wiliame looks more than good enough for me but will he be picked and why does Euan have no competition for his spot?
Exactly. I’m no fan of Aitken, but watching his earlier games and 2018, he had potential, now I think he’s just been given free reign and his lack of discipline has ruined him and he’s no longer that young promising centre.
Lafai, he’s an issue. He is passed it. His defence was reasonable but he looks like he’s lost weight. So if the plan is to move him to wing, I say that’s a terrible plan.

SaintPauli

Juniors
Norman was disappointing
Clune showed more urgency and skill and put a lot presuure on the defence.
Clune over Norman

Aitkin should have scored that try himself. Any decent centre would have crossed the line.
Wiliame or Fui would have done so.
Wiliame or Fui Aitkin

Lafai needs one more crack in round 1
As centre otherwise its Sailor's turn.

I would rotate Sailor and Lomax.
Centre to FB.

Latest posts