What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Crowd Watch

Perth Red

Post Whore
Another expansion event deliberately cocked up by the NRL.

If you think this is reflective of Perth's interest or suitability for a new team you're a moron.

Parra drew a total of 27,000 to the 9s in October (again thanks to the NRLs inept scheduling and promotion)
Guess the Eels should get the chop then.

they mostly are lol

Perth Red

Post Whore
Just to give some perspective to you handringers, last three nines comps

Auckland 22k
Sydney28k
Perth 25k

If they’d made the event for the fans instead of Fox we would have easily topped 30k, tv rules as we all know by now.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

Auckland 22k
Sydney28k
Perth 25k

If they’d made the event for the fans instead of Fox we would have easily topped 30k, tv rules as we all know by now.
I do wonder if you understand that most people - even those who insult you - are likely in favour of Perth expansion - they just prefer to rile you up because of your carry on?

Last Week

Bench
I do wonder if you understand that most people - even those who insult you - are likely in favour of Perth expansion - they just prefer to rile you up because of your carry on?

Shhhh. This is some of the most fun we've had in years on this site.

myrrh ken

First Grade

What a naive comment. The NRL relies on TV to survive.

Its actually a good argument against perth. If you can't play early games there to suit live TV because of the heat, then its a problem.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

Its actually a good argument against perth. If you can't play early games there to suit live TV because of the heat, then its a problem.
Not sure the heat will be an issue in winter?
upload_2020-2-17_15-7-11.png

Hank_Scorpio

Juniors

Its actually a good argument against Perth. If you can't play early games there to suit live TV because of the heat, then its a problem.

Temperatures at 4/5pm in February at would be a lot different to April-September I would imagine

Warriors Fever

Juniors

Auckland 22k
Sydney28k
Perth 25k

I reckon Saturday and Sunday you get 14k both days. The crowd wasn’t superb but not a disaster either. The Saturday atmosphere came through the tv and seemed nice. Much better than the Sydney 7s which I don’t think they published a crowd figure for.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Broncos have put their first home game on sale v Souths Today. Looks like about 23-24k sold so far, inclusive of members. Pretty good for now, might push 37-40k come game day.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I reckon Saturday and Sunday you get 14k both days. The crowd wasn’t superb but not a disaster either. The Saturday atmosphere came through the tv and seemed nice. Much better than the Sydney 7s which I don’t think they published a crowd figure for.

Sunday would have gone close to selling out imo, agree Saturday would have been around 14-15k. Biggest difference is they would have sold a lot more 2 day tickets.
But sadly nrl is a tv product these days so screw the fans. I wonder how much fox paid for the coverage and if it was more that the $500k they lost in ticket sales?

Saint Doc

Coach

Auckland 22k
Sydney28k
Perth 25k

The Auckland figure quote was day 2. Total was 40k. And that was year 4. Year 1 combined crowd was 85k.

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Sunday would have gone close to selling out imo, agree Saturday would have been around 14-15k. Biggest difference is they would have sold a lot more 2 day tickets.
But sadly nrl is a tv product these days so screw the fans. I wonder how much fox paid for the coverage and if it was more that the $500k they lost in ticket sales?
Yeah didn’t consider two day ticket appeal. I’m more pissed off that someone in the Media tried to justify this as no more Perth. How many games is Perth getting this year?