2020 Grand Final PENRITH v STORM - 25th October

Discussion in 'Parramatta Eels' started by TheParraboy, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Matty Bhoy

Matty Bhoy Juniors

That is understating it. He was diabolical.

2. Gronk

Gronk Moderator Staff Member

He was glitchy but prolly their best attacking player.

Poupou Escobar likes this.
  3. eel01s

eel01s Bench

I think the occasion caught up to the Panthers. They looked overawed.

Poor kicks by Cleary early on didn't help. Their first try should never have been allowed by the bunker (remember our disallowed try off a Mahoney kick under the same circumstances?).

4. 84 Baby

84 Baby Coach

He tried but kept f**king up but he at least tried

5. strider

strider Post Whore

- Penalty try? Billy Slater made a career on these. That was a knock on. ..... I agree no try .... I know there is a rule you cannot kick at the ball, but I don't believe he did. He put his leg under and Olam put it on his leg. Gutho did something similar in a game this year and it was called no try.

- Penrith no try. Brenko made wrong call. That was clear. ... While I agree I think a try would have been scored anyway - I think 9 time out of 10 this is ruled a no try

- Crighton in clear with two on inside. Certain 6. Kikau passed backward into a storm player called knock on. .... yep bad call - tho I'm not sure it would have been a try

- hindy111 you forgot one bad call ... Yeo runs behind his own player then kicks for a try ... while I don't think anyone was actually obstructed, it is always ruled a penalty now.

- Storm drop ball hits a panther then Kilau gets it. 9/10 it's called a knock on. But called Penlaty Storm. 2 points. .... agree - gift 2 points .... I don't even think he was offside when it hit the panthers player, he was moving forward

- Intercept try. .... really poor pass ... pennies panicked and started doing dumb shit

- Cam Smith has ball raked with 4 seconds to go. Its bounce up and he scores. That was as flukey as it gets. ... agree - lucky prick .... I actually think this was no try cos NAS didn't play the ball properly - yet they never even looked

I don't think I would say better side lost .... penrith did shit the bed a bit when they couldn't score early on - this is how melbourne f**k teams over and win

6. Poupou Escobar

Poupou Escobar Post Whore

We'll know whether he can play by his win rate.

7. 84 Baby

84 Baby Coach

The one against Mahoney was even worse because the only reason he did it was because they were 15m offside

8. Gary Gutful

Gary Gutful Immortal

Penrith choked.

Matty Bhoy likes this.
  9. Obscene Assassin

Obscene Assassin First Grade

He negatively impacted penrith. He would've been better off doing what he normally does, touch the ball twice in the first half and have 5-7 runs all game. Don't know why they kept feeding him early ball

10. strider

strider Post Whore

Take his wife's $20,000 ring back!!

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/sm...ontroversial-sin-binning-20201025-p568g5.html

Smith faces potential fine after accusing referees of 'making an exciting finish'

11. Gazzamatta

Gazzamatta First Grade

The disappointment of Parras demise can now be put to bed. Covid Season 2020 has been run and won.
    I dont know why but I took some joy out of the game last night as all that happened, be it bad luck, poor decisions, inexperience, lousy selections, bad referreeing etc are what we as Eels supporters are subjected to when our expectations are at our highest. It felt like it was our Eels in Licorice Allsorts Jerseys. Of cause then the realisation it wasnt created a sense of euphoria which gave great delight.
    All is not so bad in the world. After experiencing 2001 we know exactly how Pennys Supporters feel today.
    Life goes on. We have an Eels heighreachy who are not content with how our season concluded and that is good. Now is not the time to pat ourselves on the back. Unless we are, and provide evidence of being the best, we should never be content. A Melbourne Storm/Sydney Roosters mentality if you will.
    Roll on 2021.

Matty Bhoy and Joely01 like this.
  12. Joely01

Joely01 Bench

When have i glorified a mistake BA has made?? I said he has had bench issues most of the season... I’m just not here being negative every single comment like you do. I actually enjoy talking about some positives and how far our team is coming!

But keep putting words in my mouth you piece of S**t

Poupou Escobar likes this.
  13. Gronk

Gronk Moderator Staff Member

Camillions accuses the ref of cheating and the NRL buys his wife another ring.

OK I made the last bit up.

Cam

“The last three or four penalties they have got is little very picky stuff and we have got nothing mate,” Smith said before Hughes was sent to the bin.

“I get it, everyone wants an exciting finish. But we are just the same as them.

“Stop trying to pick little things out of our game to make an exciting finish.”

Earlier this year - coach Cleary (fined $20,000)

“It felt like they were being managed back into the game,'' Cleary said.

14. Twizzle

Twizzle Administrator Staff Member

anyone else would have been punished, seems to be a very biased decision

Gazzamatta likes this.
  15. parra pete

parra pete Coach

Of course he shouldn't be fined..That bloke Sutton should be made to apologise to Mr Smith..

Reminds me of the story....
    A young cowboy, new to town, walks into the saloon wanting to make an impression. There's a pianist with his back to the cowboy playing a tune. There are two candles on either end of the piano.

The young gun draws quickly and shoots out the candle on the left hand side. The bar goes silent, but the pianist keeps on playing. So the cowboy draws again and shoots out the right hand candle. There are gasps from the bar, but the pianist keeps playing. So the cowboy draws and shoots the hat off the pianist ... but he just keeps on playing.

Dejected, the cowboy sidles up to the bar and orders a drink. The barman looks him in the eye and says

"Son, can I give you three pieces of advice"

"sure"

"Firstly, I notice you shoot from the hip. You should file down the sight on your gun, 'cause you don't need it and one day it will catch on your holster and get you in trouble"

"Secondly, get rid of the trigger guard, cause if you're in a fight, you need to shoot as quickly as possible and one day that might just mean the difference between life and death"

"Thirdly, you should cover your guns in vaseline"

"Vaseline? Why?"

"Cause when Wyatt Earp finishes playing the piano, he's gonna shove those things up your arse"

Avenger likes this.
  16. IFR33K

IFR33K Coach

Oh my. That’s tough mate. You need to chill and hug a nut my friend.

Gazzamatta likes this.
  17. Poupou Escobar

They lost the game because Melbourne have a much better team. That Cleary tried something different points to his realisation that he needed to take a risk to beat them. He took a risk and lost, but he would've lost anyway. Melbourne only had to turn up.

18. Poupou Escobar

The point is it didn't have to be. A more experienced, hardened team would have just hung in there and stuck with the process, and maybe stolen the win late in the game. Like the Sharks in 2016. If you don't score from sustained possession you should take confidence from the idea that you've worn your opponent down and they'll fatigue down the end. Deciding you can't win is a choice, mostly one taken by teams lacking big game experience.

Matty Bhoy and hindy111 like this.
  19. IFR33K

IFR33K Coach

Did you read my post? I never suggested Ivan lost it

20. hindy111

hindy111 Immortal

Question is will Penrith players now price themselves out of staying in the side like we did in 2001. Players over valued themselves. Team fell apart.
    Penrith have some great kids and from what I hear an even better crop coming through but it wouldn't surprise me if they slipped next year.