What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

sempmrh

Juniors
Its not my preference to use yellow in their everyday design, but that yellow with a slight green tint works better with their pallete than their standard yellow, which skews more towards gold/orange. The other thing to consider is that the yellow here is used for narrow line work, rather than large blocks which reduce the contrast/impact of such a colour within their scheme imo.
I prefer a richer gold colour than the anemic, almost highlighter yellow the club has been using recently (after making a point of trying to eliminate yellow from our colours altogether and to introduce grey in its place). Too many Storm fans overstate the importance of yellow for us. Yellow works best as an accent or trim colour and that's it. Even the collar on the last home jersey was too much yellow for me.

azza29

Juniors
Probably the best Indigenous jersey we’ve ever had.
The 2018 one wasn't bad either, this year's is very good though. Shame I don't have $160 lying around for one, will have to wait for the inevitable end of season sale...

Nqcowboy

Juniors
What’s storm fans opinions on straying from the navy blue in their colour scheme. that’s what the original jersey was meant to represent a Victorian rep jersey with the state colour of navy blue as the main colour and two Parallel lightning bolts representing the v

Nqcowboy

Juniors
I also feel like their should be a mandate for teams to keep the same charity/indigenous design for at least two years, rather than just pumping out them every year or at least do them in a limited run

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
MS20JSY06M-F__53752.1595297010.jpg

Catalog image of the Storm Indigenous jersey, from the club shop.

greenBV4

Bench
What’s storm fans opinions on straying from the navy blue in their colour scheme. that’s what the original jersey was meant to represent a Victorian rep jersey with the state colour of navy blue as the main colour and two Parallel lightning bolts representing the v
I think they keep a pretty good balance of navy and purple

Navy is obviously the traditional Victorian colour, but purple is much more marketable as its unique to the club

sempmrh

Juniors
My personal preference is navy over purple but clearly purple is our most marketable colour.

Regarding purple, it sometimes seems like the club doesn't know what shade they want to use. Sometimes it's a nice, rich shade - like on the jersey. That's my preference. Other times it's closer to a lavender colour and sometimes, especially in licensing, it's almost pink on some merchandise items.

Nqcowboy

Juniors
I honestly don’t mind teams changing shades as long as it’s not to drastic of a change I.e Canberra raiders early 2000’s ozemail jersey

GAZF

First Grade
I prefer a richer gold colour than the anemic, almost highlighter yellow the club has been using recently (after making a point of trying to eliminate yellow from our colours altogether and to introduce grey in its place). Too many Storm fans overstate the importance of yellow for us. Yellow works best as an accent or trim colour and that's it. Even the collar on the last home jersey was too much yellow for me.
My first preference is no yellow/gold, except in away and alternate designs. The greener yellow has more of an "electric" feel to it. Agree on its minimal use if it must be included.

Noticed that the gold appears to be in both shades in the mock-up - we're both happy.

GAZF

First Grade
Gaze you still doing your graphic design, you were kind of my inspiration to study design at uni
Work and life have gotten in the way of doing anything of substance for the last 2 years. I'm currently resigned to thinking about how designs would work in my head and making snarky comments here, but I've been itching to work on something for ages.

Are you enjoying design? Are you working in a specific field, or planning to do so?

Nqcowboy

Juniors
Work and life have gotten in the way of doing anything of substance for the last 2 years. I'm currently resigned to thinking about how designs would work in my head and making snarky comments here, but I've been itching to work on something for ages.

Are you enjoying design? Are you working in a specific field, or planning to do so?
Did the degree but towards the end kind of lost passion for it and after trying and trying to get into the industry after graduating I swapped to audio engineering then after finishing that degree despite still being passionate about it found it really hard industry to crack and after coronavirus I’m doing some serious rethinking, probably go and do a carpentry apprenticeship, stress free, I’m kind of good at it and you get paid while you learn
Still do design and stuff here and there but i don’t really have the desire to work in it more than at a hobby level now
Here’s my take on the warriors Wellington jersey
https://ibb.co/4d0fcW2
Not nrl but here’s an avengers poster concept I created
https://ibb.co/qdqSfXS

Last edited:

roofromoz

First Grade
indigenous-jersey-launch-1920x1080.jpg

https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2020/07/22/2020-panthers-indigenous-jersey-revealed/

Panthers is proud to unveil the 2020 Indigenous Jersey - an artistic tribute to the people, geography, flora and fauna of the Darug Nation.

It was designed by Natasha Fordham in collaboration with Panthers Indigenous Welfare Officer Glen Liddiard and Panthers players Brent Naden, Daine Laurie and Brayden McGrady.
The front of the jersey features the meeting place of Panthers Stadium on Darug land, flanked by the Nepean River, local wildlife and the Blue Mountains.

The setting sun creates an eye-catching silhouette to acknowledge the traditional owners of the land the Panthers community calls home today.

The lower back of the jersey features the Darug possum totem, with fire on one side and flood on the other, representing the natural forces that impact the landscape and community.

Three more totems appear on the upper back of the jersey, in recognition of the club's Indigenous players Brent Naden (Wiradjuri - goanna), Brayden McGrady (Kamilaroi - snake) and Daine Laurie (Bundjalung / Yaegl - turtle).

The Panthers will wear the 2020 Indigenous Jersey in next Saturday's Round 12 clash against Manly at Lottoland.

While the jersey is not currently available for purchase at the Panther Shop, the player-worn jerseys from Round 12 will be signed and put up for auction following the game.

Nqcowboy

Juniors

Latest posts