What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I would have to have a look, but I'm pretty sure I saw the club confirm prior to the COVID break that it was intended to be worn in a game.
I can't see anything on website or socials to indicate that - the only time Cronulla tweeted about it was showing Xerri wearing it (pre-doping breach) and linking straight to the club store
Well they released it into their team store, so you’d think it would be an official jersey that they would wear.
I don't know if that automatically implies it - some clubs have released captains run and members jerseys in past years that have been fully branded but never worn.

blue bags

First Grade
The pink started as a Women In League jersey in 2009 and has been used as an alternate as early as 2012 (played quite a number of early round matches in the pink as the white jersey was not available from memory).
Women In League this round

blue bags

First Grade
I assume because of this fella?
Pink_panther.jpg
bring the pink jerseys out

MugaB

Coach
Plus the pink jersey will clash with the Cowboys WIL Jersey anyway!
We'll just wear black, how many games have the pink panthers played already this year, more than enough, we can skip women in league round, already been since the nines tournament we've had supported the pink

Jackson Allison

Juniors
We'll just wear black, how many games have the pink panthers played already this year, more than enough, we can skip women in league round, already been since the nines tournament we've had supported the pink
Well the black will also clash with the Cowboys WIL Jersey, so they'll have to wear the white!

MugaB

Coach

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200915-184250_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200915-184250_Samsung Internet.jpg
    428.2 KB · Views: 133
Last edited by a moderator:

MugaB

Coach
Oh you’ve gotta be kidding me. Why can’t they just wear their away jersey!!! They are just as bad as the Sharks not wearing all their jerseys!!! Their only other chance to wear it would be against the Bulldogs in round 20 or in the finals.
Or we can keep the momentum going and never wear it ever again, why wear a completely white boring ass jersey, when you have fluro pink, or jet black.
White is the most boring effortless designed jeresys ever, aside from the dragons "RedV" white is useless, even roosters look better in red hoops for their alternate, and dogs blue away is better than their home

Jackson Allison

Juniors
Or we can keep the momentum going and never wear it ever again, why wear a completely white boring ass jersey, when you have fluro pink, or jet black.
White is the most boring effortless designed jeresys ever, aside from the dragons "RedV" white is useless, even roosters look better in red hoops for their alternate, and dogs blue away is better than their home
Look, I agree with you on that one. White looks terrible on most jerseys and the black and pink look 100% better. But, if a team releases a jersey into their team store, why can’t they just wear it? In my opinion, all jerseys that are released into a team store should be worn! It’s just laziness if they can’t be bothered to wear it!

Craegus

Juniors
Look, I agree with you on that one. White looks terrible on most jerseys and the black and pink look 100% better. But, if a team releases a jersey into their team store, why can’t they just wear it? In my opinion, all jerseys that are released into a team store should be worn! It’s just laziness if they can’t be bothered to wear it!

This is not a normal season though. Teams had plans to wear their jerseys for specific purposes on specific dates based on the original draw. These then got thrown out the window when the season had to be restructured.

Teams also can choose to wear their regular home/away/alternate if they want, so if a team chooses to not wear one, so be it. Sometimes it comes down to superstition as well, Teams have been known in the past to stop wearing designs because they lose in them so if you win quite a few games in a jersey then you wear it more often if possible, why change to something different if what you are doing is working.

It will be likely that some of the unworn specialty jerseys will carry over to next season.

I get your passion to see every jersey that teams have said they will wear be worn, but for this year being what it is, if they don't then so be it, and you can hope they will use them next year.

MugaB

Coach
Its not laziness, we just look 5hite in an all white kit, thank god they added the black shorts and black socks combo later on last year with that dreadfull white jersey, we actually started winning games, btw i also think regarding superstitions, if the Tigers ever actually created an Orange jersey, an ACTUAL "Orange" jersey, not just a little bit on the front and full black and white everywhere else, just to enforce the WESTS! side of the merger, they would not only not be 9th or lower every year, i reckon they'd get to 7th or even 6th most years, its the magpiez curse...
Bring back an orange tiger please!!!
And @Jackson Allison, when this happens then I'll be ok with penrith panthers playing in a white jersey.... (but god knows why, ive never seen a white panther.... its an absolute oxymoron, panthers are black, its the reason they are called that in the first place, any Leopard or Jaguar that is black in color is called a Panther)

Last edited:

Craegus

Juniors
if the Tigers ever actually created an Orange jersey, an ACTUAL "Orange" jersey, not just a little bit on the front and full black and white everywhere else, just to enforce the WESTS! side of the merger, they would not only not be 9th or lower every year, i reckon they'd get to 7th or even 6th most years, its the magpiez curse...
Bring back an orange tiger please!!!

The last primarily orange jersey the Tigers wore did not sell very well and was the reason it was dropped (primarily black and white designs make more money for the Tigers, so it makes financial sense to go with what makes the most money).

greenBV4

Bench
The last primarily orange jersey the Tigers wore did not sell very well and was the reason it was dropped (primarily black and white designs make more money for the Tigers, so it makes financial sense to go with what makes the most money).
do many people even buy away jerseys for any team? i mean they're mostly just white..
Surely a mostly orange jersey would sell better as an away than a mostly white

yakstorm

First Grade

Wonder if it was more to do with the design versus the colour and what it was up against.

Wests-Tigers-2016-Jersey.png

I mean of the 2016 jerseys the Orange kit was a strange design and IMO if I was to buy a WT jersey that year, it would have been the one Woods was wearing.

Latest posts