1. Out Now:

Here it is - the latest edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine with a full wrap on last weekend's NRL & NRLW along with the match programme for the coming weekend of action in the NRL Finals, NRLW, Challenge Cup, Super League, NZRL and the Toulouges Nines!

In this week's edition Paul Jobber goes one-on-one with retired NRL match official Gavin Badger, Rick Edgerton looks at some of the legendary halves pairings as Penrith pair Nathan Cleary & Jarome Luai ascend to potential greatness, and we look at a world of rugby league this coming weekend with Steve Mascord.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - a full NRL Finals Week 3, NRLW Round 3, Challenge Cup Final, Super League Round 16, NZRL Premiership and Toulouges Nines programme - and you have one fantastic 36-page magazine for your weekend's reading!

EDITION 21 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

2020 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Discussion in 'NRL' started by Nuke, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Timmah

Timmah LeagueUnlimited News Editor Staff Member

I can't see anything on website or socials to indicate that - the only time Cronulla tweeted about it was showing Xerri wearing it (pre-doping breach) and linking straight to the club store
    I don't know if that automatically implies it - some clubs have released captains run and members jerseys in past years that have been fully branded but never worn.

blue bags likes this.
  2. blue bags

blue bags Bench

Women In League this round

3. blue bags

blue bags Bench

bring the pink jerseys out

MugaB likes this.
  4. Jackson Allison

Jackson Allison Juniors

NO! Wear the Away Jersey! I know the pink looks better, but they haven't worn their Away Jersey yet this season, so I hope they can wear it this round against the Cowboys!

blue bags likes this.
  5. blue bags

blue bags Bench

womens round bro, sisters

6. Jackson Allison

Jackson Allison Juniors

Plus the pink jersey will clash with the Cowboys WIL Jersey anyway!

blue bags likes this.
  7. MugaB

MugaB Juniors

We'll just wear black, how many games have the pink panthers played already this year, more than enough, we can skip women in league round, already been since the nines tournament we've had supported the pink

blue bags likes this.
  8. Jackson Allison

Jackson Allison Juniors

Well the black will also clash with the Cowboys WIL Jersey, so they'll have to wear the white!

blue bags likes this.
  9. Keiran Murphy

Keiran Murphy Juniors

Harvey Norman has sponsored Women’s State of Origin this year
    E5587F35-4B5E-402F-9F93-5B5F001452C5.jpeg

blue bags likes this.
  10. MugaB

MugaB Juniors

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2020
    blue bags likes this.
  11. Jackson Allison

Jackson Allison Juniors

Oh you’ve gotta be kidding me. Why can’t they just wear their away jersey!!! They are just as bad as the Sharks not wearing all their jerseys!!! Their only other chance to wear it would be against the Bulldogs in round 20 or in the finals.

MugaB and blue bags like this.
  12. MugaB

MugaB Juniors

Or we can keep the momentum going and never wear it ever again, why wear a completely white boring ass jersey, when you have fluro pink, or jet black.
    White is the most boring effortless designed jeresys ever, aside from the dragons "RedV" white is useless, even roosters look better in red hoops for their alternate, and dogs blue away is better than their home

blue bags likes this.
  13. greenBV4

greenBV4 Juniors

And from the promotional images I've seen so far it seems the men's origin is still without a naming rights sponsor

14. Jackson Allison

Jackson Allison Juniors

Look, I agree with you on that one. White looks terrible on most jerseys and the black and pink look 100% better. But, if a team releases a jersey into their team store, why can’t they just wear it? In my opinion, all jerseys that are released into a team store should be worn! It’s just laziness if they can’t be bothered to wear it!

MugaB likes this.
  15. Craegus

Craegus Juniors

This is not a normal season though. Teams had plans to wear their jerseys for specific purposes on specific dates based on the original draw. These then got thrown out the window when the season had to be restructured.

Teams also can choose to wear their regular home/away/alternate if they want, so if a team chooses to not wear one, so be it. Sometimes it comes down to superstition as well, Teams have been known in the past to stop wearing designs because they lose in them so if you win quite a few games in a jersey then you wear it more often if possible, why change to something different if what you are doing is working.

It will be likely that some of the unworn specialty jerseys will carry over to next season.

I get your passion to see every jersey that teams have said they will wear be worn, but for this year being what it is, if they don't then so be it, and you can hope they will use them next year.

MugaB likes this.
  16. sempmrh

sempmrh Juniors

People complain when teams wear too many different jerseys and now people complain when they don’t wear enough.

blue bags, steeden., Arucard and 2 others like this.
  17. MugaB

MugaB Juniors

Its not laziness, we just look 5hite in an all white kit, thank god they added the black shorts and black socks combo later on last year with that dreadfull white jersey, we actually started winning games, btw i also think regarding superstitions, if the Tigers ever actually created an Orange jersey, an ACTUAL "Orange" jersey, not just a little bit on the front and full black and white everywhere else, just to enforce the WESTS! side of the merger, they would not only not be 9th or lower every year, i reckon they'd get to 7th or even 6th most years, its the magpiez curse...
    Bring back an orange tiger please!!!
    And @Jackson Allison, when this happens then I'll be ok with penrith panthers playing in a white jersey.... (but god knows why, ive never seen a white panther.... its an absolute oxymoron, panthers are black, its the reason they are called that in the first place, any Leopard or Jaguar that is black in color is called a Panther)

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    blue bags likes this.
  18. Craegus

Craegus Juniors

The last primarily orange jersey the Tigers wore did not sell very well and was the reason it was dropped (primarily black and white designs make more money for the Tigers, so it makes financial sense to go with what makes the most money).

blue bags likes this.
  19. greenBV4

greenBV4 Juniors

do many people even buy away jerseys for any team? i mean they're mostly just white..
    Surely a mostly orange jersey would sell better as an away than a mostly white

blue bags and MugaB like this.
  20. yakstorm

yakstorm Bench

Wonder if it was more to do with the design versus the colour and what it was up against.

[​IMG]

I mean of the 2016 jerseys the Orange kit was a strange design and IMO if I was to buy a WT jersey that year, it would have been the one Woods was wearing.