What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

GAZF

First Grade
Warriors 2020 jerseys.

QA004621_WARRIORS_VAPODRI_HOME_JERSEY_1__25735.1572484356.jpg
QA004621_WARRIORS_VAPODRI_HOME_JERSEY_3__75670.1572484370.jpg

QA004622_WARRIORS_VAPODRI_AWAY_JERSEY_1__95898.1572484674.jpg
QA004622_WARRIORS_VAPODRI_AWAY_JERSEY_3__14923.1572484681.jpg
Wonder if they're weighing up which set of colours to go with in the future. Black/red is more unique to the league but that blue jersey looks so damn good.

Saint Doc

Coach
I don’t see why they can’t go with both sets of colours moving forward. Both sets have a huge role in the history of the Warriors. The Warriors have never been ones to shy away from lots of designs. The Australian Rugby League obsession with alternate jerseys being an inverse of home colours is not reflected in many of the biggest leagues in the world, including EPL. I don’t mind it.

LineBall

Juniors
I don’t see why they can’t go with both sets of colours moving forward. Both sets have a huge role in the history of the Warriors. The Warriors have never been ones to shy away from lots of designs. The Australian Rugby League obsession with alternate jerseys being an inverse of home colours is not reflected in many of the biggest leagues in the world, including EPL. I don’t mind it.

I would prefer they stick with the blue jersey. The sooner they revert back to Auckland and another NZ team is added the better.

sempmrh

Juniors
I’m fine with the Warriors wearing black/silver/red as an alternate jersey if it means they’ll keep the blue/green/red as their main colours forever.

greenBV4

Bench
I’m fine with the Warriors wearing black/silver/red as an alternate jersey if it means they’ll keep the blue/green/red as their main colours forever.
I think i mentioned this earlier this year when those jersey were first announced but a way it could be spun is that to New Zealand they are an Auckland team so wear Auckland colours in NZ, but when planying away in Aus they are seen as just a NZ team, so they wear NZ colours

Dawesy76

Juniors

I agree. I loved when the broncos went blue and white. It was different, and stood out. Like an away strip should

gzerounian

Juniors
I wish they used a solid colour for the grey parts of the jersey. I hate the thin stripes. Manly used thin stripes in 2017/18. From a distance it looks ok though.

I did some chopping and changing but I think they got the combination right. If anything the sleeves could have been the same colour but it also looks good the way it is.

Screen Shot 2019-11-02 at 4.42.33 PM.png

flippikat

Bench

You raise a fair point, however the problem with the current home & away jerseys is that they're both predominantly dark. A few times this season, the Warriors have had to use the "Superleague heritage" design or the striped Auckland RL heritage jersey as a de facto away jersey because they have more white than the home or away designs.

The obvious solution would be to use a mostly white or grey jersey as away jersey, with the same V pattern as the home jersey. The V could either be blue/green/red (like the original 1995/6 away jersey), or black/red/white if they want to keep using those colours for the away.

sempmrh

Juniors
You raise a fair point, however the problem with the current home & away jerseys is that they're both predominantly dark. A few times this season, the Warriors have had to use the "Superleague heritage" design or the striped Auckland RL heritage jersey as a de facto away jersey because they have more white than the home or away designs.

The obvious solution would be to use a mostly white or grey jersey as away jersey, with the same V pattern as the home jersey. The V could either be blue/green/red (like the original 1995/6 away jersey), or black/red/white if they want to keep using those colours for the away.
For the Warriors I’d keep the home as is and do an inverted white version as the away jersey. Then the black/silver/red jersey can be worn away against lighter coloured teams (Bulldogs, Sharks, Dragons, etc.) or if they play a home game outside of Auckland.

beave

Coach
I wish they used a solid colour for the grey parts of the jersey. I hate the thin stripes. Manly used thin stripes in 2017/18. From a distance it looks ok though.

I did some chopping and changing but I think they got the combination right. If anything the sleeves could have been the same colour but it also looks good the way it is.

View attachment 33945

yeah the thin grey stripes shit me, along with the fact they don’t around the side panels.

But

So f**king stoked they have gone back to this jersey, the response on social media has been 80-90% positive from what I’ve seen. I reckon this will out sell the previous pieces of shit quite easily.

I’ve seen the 9’s jersey and I can’t post it up but it looks like we are paying homage the starfish on the reef.........

Last edited:

flippikat

Bench
For the Warriors I’d keep the home as is and do an inverted white version as the away jersey. Then the black/silver/red jersey can be worn away against lighter coloured teams (Bulldogs, Sharks, Dragons, etc.) or if they play a home game outside of Auckland.

Yep.
1995 home = primary jersey
1995 away (white, with blue/green/red V) = alternate
2018 away (black with red & grey V) = NZ Jersey for their Wellington game, plus other games in NZ.

And some other old Auckland RL or old Warriors design as heritage.

kdalymc

Bench
Yep.
1995 home = primary jersey
1995 away (white, with blue/green/red V) = alternate
2018 away (black with red & grey V) = NZ Jersey for their Wellington game, plus other games in NZ.

And some other old Auckland RL or old Warriors design as heritage.
The warriors Women team uses the white away jersey, it's beautiful but they added shit to the bottom

sempmrh

Juniors
I had hoped November 1st would have brought more reveals but it looks like they’re holding out on us (the jerks). Hopefully Monday brings us more.

Storm launched a new online store on Friday but unfortunately nothing new yet.

flippikat

Bench
The warriors Women team uses the white away jersey, it's beautiful but they added shit to the bottom

Yeah, and a red variation was used by the men's team for a warm-up jersey.

It's another solution I guess - same design but mostly blue for home, mostly white for away, and mostly red (or even green) for alternate.... still keeping the blue/green/red/white scheme for all of them.

Dawesy76

Juniors
Broncos 20 Gear up on some sites now. Training gear is slightly different with giant Kia on it. Home and away are the same but the obvious Kia logo. No other jerseys yet, I assumed a 9’s and heritage (which they didn’t do last year) will be our before Xmas.

Last edited:

greenBV4

Bench
Broncos 20 Gear up on some sites now. Training gear is slightly different with giant Kia on it. Home and away are sake but the obvious Kia logo. No other jerseys yet, I assumed a 9’s and heritage (which they didn’t do last year) will be our before Xmas.

It completly passed my mind until i saw this that 9s being back means 9s jerseys are also back! Im sure we'll see the good the bad and the ugly from those again