What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

GAZF

First Grade
The opposite of virtue signalling seems to be being a narcissistic uncaring prick. That's what you're going with?
Volume-11.jpg

kdalymc

Bench
Which jerseys clashed? Bear in mind shorts made it fairly easy to tell teams apart all weekend where both jerseys were similarly coloured
FOD..
one team could be banana yellow and the other jet black, but if they both had brown shoulders you would be on here crying of a clash....

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Amusing there was a discussion about virtue signalling just hours before the Raiders released their charity jersey :joy:

sempmrh

Juniors
I like everything about the Raiders' branding right now - from the introduction of that particular shade of navy to the new logo and typeface. I just wish they would settle for one shade of lime green for all jerseys.

GAZF

First Grade
I like everything about the Raiders' branding right now - from the introduction of that particular shade of navy to the new logo and typeface. I just wish they would settle for one shade of lime green for all jerseys.
In this instance, the different shades of green on the jerseys is a win-win for me:
  • Even less of a clash with a team like Souths, if only they had the ability to return the favour...
  • Ties in with the lime that the club uses in just about every application outside of the home jersey
  • Gives a nod to the shade of lime used in the early years
  • More closely follows the UK model of clash kits, which would make all the poms there feel more at home

viking

Juniors
There are a variety of different jerseys without a dedicated round which haven't been worn yet. This is the full list of those jerseys and some information regarding when they will be worn.

Sharks Kokoda - Unknown
Cowboys ANZAC - Round 14 against the Rabbitohs
Roosters ANZAC - This round against the Dragons
Titans Heritage - Unknown
Sharks Heritage - Unknown
Eels Alternate - Unknown
Panthers Away - Unknown
Sea Eagles Members - One off home game later this year
Raiders Foundation - Was supposed to be worn against the Warriors in round 14 (before the draw was rescheduled), Could be worn in Round 19 against the Warriors
Warriors Away - Unknown

The raiders will wear there foundation jersey in rd17 against the roosters.
was to be worn in rd19 against the warriors but the nrl has advised clubs that will now be women in league round.

Jackson Allison

Juniors
The raiders will wear there foundation jersey in rd17 against the roosters.
was to be worn in rd19 against the warriors but the nrl has advised clubs that will now be women in league round.
I haven’t heard anything about this but with round 19 being women in league round it would make sense for them to wear it in round 17 against the roosters as that and the round 16 clash against the bulldogs are the only two remaining home games which they could wear it.

sempmrh

Juniors
In this instance, the different shades of green on the jerseys is a win-win for me:
  • Even less of a clash with a team like Souths, if only they had the ability to return the favour...
  • Ties in with the lime that the club uses in just about every application outside of the home jersey
  • Gives a nod to the shade of lime used in the early years
  • More closely follows the UK model of clash kits, which would make all the poms there feel more at home
I prefer the shade of lime green on the away jersey - it pops more. I would also like to see navy blue replace the royal blue on the sleeve striping. I know blue and gold are ACT colours but I think they should go all in.

The Great Dane

First Grade
I prefer the shade of lime green on the away jersey - it pops more. I would also like to see navy blue replace the royal blue on the sleeve striping. I know blue and gold are ACT colours but I think they should go all in.
It'd almost be against the tradition of the club to have just one shade of green. I swear to god there were times in the 80s and 90s when every player's jersey was a different shade of green lol.

BTW, changing the shade of blue in the bands wouldn't be a good idea.

GAZF

First Grade
It'd almost be against the tradition of the club to have just one shade of green. I swear to god there were times in the 80s and 90s when every player's jersey was a different shade of green lol.
Green seems to be pretty difficult to match up on dyed items. Or maybe it's because the human eye is tuned to see more shades of green? Our socks rarely ever matched the jersey.
BTW, changing the shade of blue in the bands wouldn't be a good idea.
Why? It's good enough for the away jersey and your av, and the ACT flag features a darker blue.

azza29

Juniors
Another sponsor bites the dust, the Tigerair brand has been officially retired by the new owners of Virgin Australia. After Purple Bricks that's two in two years for the Storm now...

greenBV4

Bench
Another sponsor bites the dust, the Tigerair brand has been officially retired by the new owners of Virgin Australia. After Purple Bricks that's two in two years for the Storm now...
As far as sternum sponsors go they were one of the best for integration, not looking forward to potentially having a box on next years jersey

Looking at the website, the sponsor list keeps growing, I wonder if one will step up to get their logo on the jersey or if it will be a new one

sempmrh

Juniors

I thought it was already confirmed that the Tigerair brand had been discontinued so this isn't a surprise. We had already dropped Tigerair anyway - with the exception of jerseys and off-field apparel that had already been in production. Comwire IT is listed as a premium partner alongside the other big ones and has been since Tigerair and ISC were removed - so I wouldn't be surprised to see them added to the jersey for 2021. When they sponsored Adelaide United in the A-League their logo was single colour, no box.

azza29

Juniors
I thought it was already confirmed that the Tigerair brand had been discontinued so this isn't a surprise.
I think it was widely assumed but today's announcement was the official end of the brand. I was surprised to see Tigerair logos on the Indigenous jersey but I guess they're manufactured a fair way in advance.

sempmrh

Juniors
I think it was widely assumed but today's announcement was the official end of the brand. I was surprised to see Tigerair logos on the Indigenous jersey but I guess they're manufactured a fair way in advance.
They probably went into production after RedZed and Grill'd were added but before Tigerair left.

I don't know if you've noticed but a new batch of player issue away jerseys are being worn by some players but not across the board. The RedZed logo has a white backing and the new ISC lined gel grips. Still with Tigerair logos so they probably want to keep things consistent I guess. They probably don't want to deal with patching things up unless they have something to cover it with.