What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020: NRL 360

Bazal

Post Whore
They're all the f**king same FFS!

In fact my 1st one had at least 3 pommy languages in it

Yeah but they were words. Northerners don't speak, they communicate using a rudimentary series of grunts and shouts

Gronk

Staff member
Hooper just said that Max tried to get Gus to the Eels in 2016.

Was this common knowledge?

TheParraboy

Staff member
Hooper just said that Max tried to get Gus to the Eels in 2016.

Was this common knowledge?

Nope

Nor was it that Gus hunted and basically offered Bennett the gig, before the chairman over ruled him and they got Cleary

They said the sharks are keen to get Gus over there

TheRam

Coach
i've never really been able to cop inglis .... he comes across and a boring arogant knob tbh

Not only that he is a sook. Whenever something goes wrong for him, he cries like a baby about it and then claims depression.

Loved his explanation of how he got out of his depression funk. Inglis wouldn't leave his bedroom due to his depression. Psychiatrist asked him what he likes doing. Inglis says, I like playing golf and being with my horses. Psych says well then you should get out there and do it. Then Inglis say, yeah you're right, something twigged in his brain, and he thought by crikey this man's right, I should go out and do that. And he did. Depression gone.

Pleeeese, I don't like to make light of such a crippling disease, but really? He didn't have depression, he had sookylitis syndrome caused by not being the "MAN" anymore. Inglis has always been a sook when you listen to him speak when things haven't quite been going his way.

I predict that he will never be the player that he used to be, which is sad for him and the game in general, due to the injuries that he has sustained over his long career. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he pulled the pin before the end of this season. The only thing that may keep him going is the fact that the bunnies have a shot at the title and he may be thinking, he could somehow hang in there and be part of that.

But he has been playing pretty average football so far this season.

Gronk

Staff member
Not only that he is a sook. Whenever something goes wrong for him, he cries like a baby about it and then claims depression.

Loved his explanation of how he got out of his depression funk. Inglis wouldn't leave his bedroom due to his depression. Psychiatrist asked him what he likes doing. Inglis says, I like playing golf and being with my horses. Psych says well then you should get out there and do it. Then Inglis say, yeah you're right, something twigged in his brain, and he thought by crikey this man's right, I should go out and do that. And he did. Depression gone.

Pleeeese, I don't like to make light of such a crippling disease, but really? He didn't have depression, he had sookylitis syndrome caused by not being the "MAN" anymore. Inglis has always been a sook when you listen to him speak when things haven't quite been going his way.

I predict that he will never be the player that he used to be, which is sad for him and the game in general, due to the injuries that he has sustained over his long career. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he pulled the pin before the end of this season. The only thing that may keep him going is the fact that the bunnies have a shot at the title and he may be thinking, he could somehow hang in there and be part of that.

But he has been playing pretty average football so far this season.

Agree on a lot of above, however we are not in a position to say if he had or has depression.

Yes, many players seem to play the convenient depression card as an excuse for their poor behavior, however it is not for us to diagnose.

TheRam

Coach
Did you hear what he said about the independent tests he did? over and beyond what is required from the NRL? More importantly what the doctors told him afterwards?

Makes a good point about the 2014 GF head clash with Burgess in the first 10 seconds of the match, didn't see any medicos hurl them off the paddock, as brutal as that head clash was

What most people are ignoring is substance abuse, and thank Darwin, Graham brought it up. No one else though, which to me is outrages and the giant blue whale in the room.

As Graham said, the doctors cautioned him about substance abuse and the double whammy of playing a high impact sport. It has a compounding effect. This though was never part of the conversation when the 8th immortal made his "league may have given me epilepsy" declaration.

Rightly though, Graham, declared he doesn't even have a drink now to protect against a possible negative outcome.

Drugs, in all their forms are a real hazard to league players whether they like to here it or not. If I were the NRL, I would make a huge issue of this fact and put the onus back on the players. It may save their bacon down the line big time.

TheRam

Coach
Agree on a lot of above, however we are not in a position to say if he had or has depression.

Yes, many players seem to play the convenient depression card as an excuse for their poor behavior, however it is not for us to diagnose.

Yes, I agree with what you say, but Inglis, well he is just a sook and a cheat.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Vonny at the desk for 2 weeks instead of Ikin

Gonna dig up the dirt on James Roberts drunken night
Broncos gonna sue who took the photos? lol

TheParraboy

Staff member
Vonny just reported that Latrell Mitchel was fined by police and thrown out of central coast nightclub