What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Origin I - QLD 18-14 NSW @ Adelaide

Series: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
About as many as the rest of the Blues backline. Two was it?

You seem to think I'm saying he had a good game. I'm actually saying those are his stats even when he has an average one...at least you knew he was playing, unlike folks like Tupou and Cleary

Not saying that Baz..

He was playing out of position and got found out. I’m dead against players going into centre/wing when they don’t play there... even if they did years ago. It devalues the position IMO, and even though many of our regular / best centres aren’t available, we had others to choose from.

He was in not alone in the ordinary stakes but FFS pick players in position. He doesn’t naturally defend in the line and made to look like a fool by capewell. At least two bungles in attack (think you’re right, but maybe more).

He’s not the only player I’d replace for the next game but unlike the others he’s got an excuse.. he’s a fullback not a centre..

Keary
Frizell
Gutherson

are all players I’d replace. Tupou made one howler to let Qld in which stands out above all else he may have done so I might sack him too. Frizell is a favourite of mine but nowhere near the guy he was 2 seasons ago. Keary did indeed get hurt early, but that’s a worrying sign given his arm was busted in his last NRL game too, can’t carry him if his arm is made of porcelain- he was a passenger for a lot of the first half.

Cleary had a bludger of a game as well but sadly I don’t think we have another true halfback worthy of bringing in.

did I hear somebody say Mitchell Pearce??

Chimp

Bench
Not saying that Baz..

He was playing out of position and got found out. I’m dead against players going into centre/wing when they don’t play there... even if they did years ago. It devalues the position IMO, and even though many of our regular / best centres aren’t available, we had others to choose from.

He was in not alone in the ordinary stakes but FFS pick players in position. He doesn’t naturally defend in the line and made to look like a fool by capewell. At least two bungles in attack (think you’re right, but maybe more).

He’s not the only player I’d replace for the next game but unlike the others he’s got an excuse.. he’s a fullback not a centre..

Keary
Frizell
Gutherson

are all players I’d replace. Tupou made one howler to let Qld in which stands out above all else he may have done so I might sack him too. Frizell is a favourite of mine but nowhere near the guy he was 2 seasons ago. Keary did indeed get hurt early, but that’s a worrying sign given his arm was busted in his last NRL game too, can’t carry him if his arm is made of porcelain- he was a passenger for a lot of the first half.

Cleary had a bludger of a game as well but sadly I don’t think we have another true halfback worthy of bringing in.

Frizzell was absolutely annonymous - as he was most of the year.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Referee had a great game. Set the tone early with a couple of penalties each way, and the game flowed very well following.

The ending was messy but any team would have slowed down the game, given away penalties in that situation.

And so Sutton won't be safe from a Category 5 Cyclone of NSWhinging.

mongoose

Coach
NSW are horrible whenever they play from behind, it's like they are so shell shocked that QLD have gone in front they don't know what to do.

Zadar

Juniors
Well done maroons. Terrible quality game. The field seemed narrow. Players just seemed tired at the end of the year.

Gutho, Keary, Cleary, toopoo were terrible. Cook went missing second half. Wighton is not a centre

toops was trying too much to get involved with all the hit up work, which is fine, but his powers are in the high ball,the halves did not give him any chance to do so. Keary especially.

baffled by the nsw performance as a whole, a bit of mongrel up front would of been nice, klemmer must have stuffed up royally to not get picked, jturbo’s game has totally changed from once great ball player, to not even an offload last night.

Knight76

Juniors
You want to see why refereeing.g in the NRL is all over the shop.

The ref has too much going on and too many people in his ear all game.

They have the two linesman, video ref and the game coach in their ear all chiming in with their opinions.

The seconds left on the clock on TV I have no issue with. The two players flopping on the tackle should have been penalised.

Tupou should be dropped for his lazy effort on the turn and chase that led to the QLD winning try. If he had turned and bothered, he would have shut that play down.

Overall I thought it was a lacklustre origin game, lacked intensity, more like a club game.

Bazal

Post Whore
Not saying that Baz..

Keary
Frizell
Gutherson

He missed one tackle mate. It's just a terrible miss in the circumstances given they scored. The errors in attack (from a few players) are understandable given the anonymity of both halves.

He wasn't his best but he was ok. The major issue wasn't selections anyway, it was a very good side they just couldn't be f**ked

Munky

Coach
Anyone else think that a clearly unfit Tedesco was a poor option?

Without the burst of acceleration after a tackle break he is the equivalent of a Gutherson or Dylan Edwards at full back,

myrrh ken

First Grade
toops was trying too much to get involved with all the hit up work, which is fine, but his powers are in the high ball,the halves did not give him any chance to do so. Keary especially.

baffled by the nsw performance as a whole, a bit of mongrel up front would of been nice, klemmer must have stuffed up royally to not get picked, jturbo’s game has totally changed from once great ball player, to not even an offload last night.

toopoo's performance reminds me why he got dropped 5 years ago. Zero pep, no speed, no heart. Add to that the panic offload.

We did not kick a single crossfield bomb to him which is the reason he was chosen.

Reflector

Juniors
Funny seeing some of the Captain Hindsight champions going back and laughing at the people in the 1st half saying the scoreline would be a blowout. I mean, NSW weren't playing well in the 1st half and yet were still a whole level better than Qld in attack AND defence.

What reasonable person wouldn't have been watching and thinking "When NSW clean up their ball handling this could get ugly?"

Unless you're Gus, and you just KNEW Qld would come out in the second half hitting the line at speed and spending the first 15 minutes up their end of the field?

He missed one tackle mate. It's just a terrible miss in the circumstances given they scored. The errors in attack (from a few players) are understandable given the anonymity of both halves.

He wasn't his best but he was ok. The major issue wasn't selections anyway, it was a very good side they just couldn't be f**ked

Simply put, there are two centres in the squad, Crichton and Lomax. Neither of them were picked. But both of them are far better centres than Gutherson.

Yep, one missed tackle, but was made a fool and it led to a try to get Qld right back in the contest. He doesn’t defend in the line for parra and without support around him in the defensive line he got found out. The bloke is a fullback.

Vee

First Grade
Qld obviously played better and deserved the win
Were NSW robbed of one last play when Sutton called FT?
Tedesco definitely played the ball before the siren
Foxsports report refs earpiece had a countdown, nein clock and siren irrelevant.

Fittler's selection policy is all over the place

Some guys picked on form rather than class (Tupou)

Some guys picked on class rather than form (Frizell)

Some guys picked with little going for them in both areas (Cordner)

Class players who have done the job for years left out (Klemmer and Vaughan)

A guy with a huge motor best played in the starting side, started off the bench (Haas)

Gutherson at centre when he's got Lomax and Crichton available

Cody Walker on the bench - I mean he was dangerous, but if he's picked why is he on the bench?

This is the dead shit who left out Maloney at the start last year, despite for years being NSW's best player, only to realise his monumental f**k up just before it was too late, and then nearly did the same with Klemmer - before doing it this year with him.

The guy is trying to be too smart for his own good. He has all the players available to him. Just stick to the f**king basics and you'll win you merkin.

Vee

First Grade
regardless it should have been a penalty before the ball was played, and possibly another sin bin, which would of given nsw a shot v 11 men.

definitely didn’t cost them the game, but how it wasn’t a penalty and a chance for the win is the issue.
Agree.