What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Origin II - NSW 34-10 QLD @ ANZ

Series: NSW v QLD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GongPanther

Referee
images
:)
That is what you call a "Mal Meninga" (smell my finger). :)

King hit

Coach
Excellent performance NSW. I've really been given the finger not just by Cleary who was awesome but Cody Walker as well. I've had doubts on him to perform in big games but he really stood up tonight. There were no dud players for the Blues tonight.

This series is playing out just like last year. The Maroons win Game 1 by 4, Fittler makes changes and gets called a turkey but NSW dominate a one sided second game. Maroons had an off night so they will be a totally different team in the decider.

No team has ever lost Game 1 of the series and won the series 2 times in a row and with the decider at Suncorp NSW will have a big task ahead of them but let's just enjoy this one while we can.

CATTLEDOG!!!!!!!

billygilmore

Juniors
Even the commentary team know something is missing from this Origin series. It's lost its lustre. I would love to see some small changes made by the NRL to bring back the old school hype and spectacle. Not exactly sure how to do that but something is needed imo.

There's an old thread around here about topball I think would fix a lot of the issues with origin

Big Pete

Referee
NSW made the necessary changes after Game I and without having to deal with the loss of a key player like Murray (who is a crucial part of the team, more than he gets credit) the Blues were far too strong for a disappointing Maroons outfit.

Walker took a lot of pressure off Cleary who is still developing his game and allowed Nathan to focus on his kicking game which was unreal on the night.

Haas was more effective getting longer minutes and coming in for a second stint while Paulo and Finucane were fantastic off the bench and took it away from the Maroons.

Shades of the 2019 series. You could say 2001 as well but I don't think Alfie is going to suit up for the Maroons this time around.

Burwood

Bench
Is Bennett still the greatest halftime coach of all time? I wasn’t sure without Gould sitting in the commentary box and telling me every minute.

billygilmore

Juniors
Excellent performance NSW. I've really been given the finger not just by Cleary who was awesome but Cody Walker as well. I've had doubts on him to perform in big games but he really stood up tonight. There were no dud players for the Blues tonight.

This series is playing out just like last year. The Maroons win Game 1 by 4, Fittler makes changes and gets called a turkey but NSW dominate a one sided second game. Maroons had an off night so they will be a totally different team in the decider.

No team has ever lost Game 1 of the series and won the series 2 times in a row and with the decider at Suncorp NSW will have a big task ahead of them but let's just enjoy this one while we can.

CATTLEDOG!!!!!!!

Love the cliche posts like this everytime the team that lost game 1 wins game 2.

Latest posts