What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 PF1 - Panthers 20-16 Rabbitohs @ ANZ

Finals Week 3: Panthers v Rabbitohs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Huge chance of a boilover here.

I'll be cheering on Penrith for all my LU Panthers fan bros; but at the same time I do respect the run that the Rabbitohs are putting together here when it matters.

Souths look like they’re having a Parra circa 2009 run. If people think Penrith smug is ugly, wait til they see the people’s’ club in another GF. Carn Penrith!

The form team of the season versus the form team of the last 3 weeks. Anything could happen. Penrith go in as the deserved favourites but the week off can sometimes dull a team. And we have a lot of points in us. If they start slow and we can score a couple early maybe we can stay ahead of them.

But if they do beat us I'll be cheering for them against whoever comes out of the other GF qualifier. I've always had a soft spot for the Panthers

That also applies to your defence.

yobbo84

First Grade
6th prelim in 9 years. We've only won one of them so far but nearly the whole team has experience there now. Also surely Penrith have to lose eventually... that's my hope anyway.

BranVan3000

Coach
Souths look like they’re having a Parra circa 2009 run. If people think Penrith smug is ugly, wait til they see the people’s’ club in another GF. Carn Penrith!
We can definitely outsmug Penrith

In fact we can start right now because Penrith ain't got shit on the 21 time Premiers. The pride of the league. The global icon, owned by Hollywood superstars extraordinary Russell Crowe

They have no chance against the quality of this team, which includes the handsomest man in the NRL

images - 2020-10-11T095422.403.jpeg

Even Cam Smith likes what he sees

Compare that genetic specimen sent by the gods to this gargoyle, wheeled out from the shit covered dirt road under the Victoria Bridge

images - 2020-10-11T095618.182.jpeg

South Sydney Murraytohs by 50

Vic Mackey

Referee
Souths are doing well in attack but think there’s a bit of false hype around them. Only 3 weeks ago they got comprehensively belted by the dogs, since then they thrashed a Roosters side who wanted to stay in Sydney, then conceded 24 points to 2 horribly out of form and notoriously soft teams.

When they have the momentum they can run riot, but are they side that can grab the momentum when it’s not going their way on their own? Teams like the Knights and Eels will let you back into it, the other 3 teams left will make you earn that momentum yourself. Unless the Panthers put in a performance we haven’t seen from them in months, I’m not convinced Souths can.

I think Penrith win, and likely win fairly well.

Souths are doing well in attack but think there’s a bit of false hype around them. Only 3 weeks ago they got comprehensively belted by the dogs, since then they thrashed a Roosters side who wanted to stay in Sydney, then conceded 24 points to 2 horribly out of form and notoriously soft teams.

When they have the momentum they can run riot, but are they side that can grab the momentum when it’s not going their way on their own? Teams like the Knights and Eels will let you back into it, the other 3 teams left will make you earn that momentum yourself. Unless the Panthers put in a performance we haven’t seen from them in months, I’m not convinced Souths can.

Penrith I thought, let us back in it. Put that down to inexperience in finals but you’d hope they learnt from that.

BranVan3000

Coach

Listen here mate. We are owned by Russell Crowe, acting is a big part of our training regimen. While it may look like we have bad defence at times, or go to sleep, the truth is that this is all part of the show. Sure we could go 60 - 8 against every team in the comp, but that wouldn't be entertaining

GongPanther

Referee

Souths will be contained with the solid defensive structures we have adopted throughout this season. Add our off the cuff attack, and we win this game without too much drama.

In the final 15 to 20 minutes if we do have a very handy lead, I'll expect coach Cleary to bring on the bench for the reminder of the game. If it's a close affair, we do know how to manage the tight games well with Cleary's and Luai's kicking games.

pantherz9103

First Grade
We’ve been clearly better over the course of the season (only 1 loss compared to 8 losses) but I know that doesn’t count for anything next Saturday Night. I take confidence that if we get out to a good lead like Eels did or even Knights the week before, I very much doubt we fall apart and let Souffs back in it. The start is crucial.

Penruff’s smugness is quaintly cute. Like a little brother that gets his shit together every 25 years. You just tousle his scruffy hair, give him a wedgie, a cheeseburger Happymeal and a playful kick up the bum as you send him on his way back to throwing rocks off the overpass.

Souffs smugness is like a shiver looking for a spine to crawl up. Souffs are your alcoholic uncle showing off his ill-gotten, mismatched mag wheels while both of you know that he still owes you a grand from last year.

yobbo84

First Grade
I remember in 2013 we were on fire all season, largely untouchable except for the Roosters. Accounted for the Storm pretty easy in week 1 of the finals. Went out to an early 14-0 lead vs Manly in the prelim. Then the pressure started. Suddenly what was working for us all year wasn't. We didn't know what to do. Lost.

Penrith will have the same challenge next week. What they've shown all year is probably enough. But what if they're slightly off? How will they handle the big occasion? That is their challenge.

BranVan3000

Coach
Penruff’s smugness is quaintly cute. Like a little brother that gets his shit together every 25 years. You just tousle his scruffy hair, give him a wedgie, a cheeseburger Happymeal and a playful kick up the bum as you send him on his way back to throwing rocks off the overpass.

Souffs smugness is like a shiver looking for a spine to crawl up. Souffs are your alcoholic uncle showing off his ill-gotten, mismatched mag wheels while both of you know that he still owes you a grand from last year.
fku.gif

franklin2323

Immortal
Penrith I thought, let us back in it. Put that down to inexperience in finals but you’d hope they learnt from that.

Yeah that is why I was all for playing it at Penrith despite crowd restrictions.. playing at home seem to give a boast when needed.

Just like the 2003 team that has many similarities. Struggled week one and got better. The hope it this side does the same

damoocow

Juniors
Would have been interesting to see how Penrith would have fared if the NRL had any balls and banned Nathan Cleary for the season over his covid breach and the subsequent lies.