What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R1 Fri - Cowboys 21-28 Broncos @ QCBS

Round 1: Cowboys v Broncos

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2020 - Round 1
North Queensland Cowboys v Brisbane Broncos
Queensland Country Bank Stadium, South Townsville (TICKETS)
Friday 13 March 2020

Gates 5:05pm • NRL kickoff 7:05pm

TL-NQL20.png

1. Valentine Holmes 2. Kyle Feldt 3. Justin O'Neill 4. Esan Marsters 5. Ben Hampton 6. Scott Drinkwater 7. Michael Morgan 8. John Asiata 9. Jake Granville 10. Jordan McLean 11. Gavin Cooper 12. Coen Hess 13. Jason Taumalolo
Interchange: 14. Reece Robson 15. Mitchell Dunn 16. Shane Wright 17. Francis Molo 18. Corey Jensen 19. Connelly Lemuelu 20. Tom Opacic 21. Jake Clifford

TL-BRI20.png

1. Jack Bird 2. Corey Oates 3. Kotoni Staggs 4. Darius Boyd 5. Jesse Arthars 6. Anthony Milford 7. Brodie Croft 8. Thomas Flegler 9. Jake Turpin 10. Payne Haas 11. David Fifita 12. Tevita Pangai Junior 13. Patty Carrigan
Interchange: 14. Jamayne Isaako 15. Andrew McCullough 16. Rhys Kennedy 17. Jamil Hopoate 18. Xavier Coates 19. Herbie Farnworth 20. Tom Dearden 21. Ethan Bullemor

LX8QAPo.jpg

Referees: Gerard Sutton, Gavin Badger
Sideline Officials: Rickey McFarlane, Liam Kennedy
Video Referees: Jared Maxwell, Ben Galea

Lower Grades (times AEST):
Saturday
Ipswich v Townsville @ North Ipswich
QRL U20 Hastings Deering Colts, 4pm; QRL Intrust Super Cup, 5:30pm
Mackay v Norths @ BB Print
Colts 4pm, ISC 6pm
Redcliffe v Falcons @ Dolphin Stadium
Colts 4:20pm, ISC 6pm
Sunday
Burleigh v Wynnum @ Pizzey
ISC 12:10pm (Ch 9), Colts 3:20pm
Souths Logan v Mustangs/Hunters @ Davies
Colts 1:20pm, ISC 3pm
Tweed v Pride @ Piggabeen
Colts 1:20pm, ISC 3pm​

Last edited by a moderator:

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
If Boyd and McC are named in the side, the Cows will win by 13+ and Seibold will have a full on supporters revolt on his hands.

GongPanther

Referee
Cows to show-off their new Horse-Shoe (I hope the open end is facing North so the luck doesn't fall out) shaped ground with a resounding 24-16 win.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Lodge, ofa and glenn out takes a bit of sting out the donkeys pack.

Much riding on drinkwater playing. If he isnt fit then instead of having somone look threatening with every touch we will have at least one kick out of the full on the last, have the ball punted dead like its been shot out if a canon from the 10m line instead of complete sets enough to bring back horrible memories of brett firman.

gerg

Juniors
How do Broncos fans feel about the captaincy decision? Surely Carrigan struggles to make their 17 at full strength?

lynx000

Juniors
How do Broncos fans feel about the captaincy decision? Surely Carrigan struggles to make their 17 at full strength?
Very comfortable with it. He is the future leader of the club, given the players out, no issue with him being the C and getting some experience under his belt. He is a born leader despite his age and inexperience.

gerg

Juniors
Very comfortable with it. He is the future leader of the club, given the players out, no issue with him being the C and getting some experience under his belt. He is a born leader despite his age and inexperience.

Is he in your top 17 with all players fit? It is a little odd to have your captain on the bench.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Bit of a weird cowboys bench, aren’t Dunn and Wright edge forwards? Either way think they’ll be too strong and get home by 2-3 tries

simmo05

Bench
Cows to show-off their new Horse-Shoe (I hope the open end is facing North so the luck doesn't fall out) shaped ground with a resounding 24-16 win.
North facing, to allow the prevailing wind to cool the joint down. It has been brutally hot up there, and with a shit tonne of rain predicted for the week leading up to the game, should be interesting to see if the new grass holds up. I would be concerned if I was the nrl

Bronco18

Juniors

He’s had raps on his leadership for a while, but Jesus it shows a lack of depth that he’s our best option in round 1.

GongPanther

Referee
North facing, to allow the prevailing wind to cool the joint down. It has been brutally hot up there, and with a shit tonne of rain predicted for the week leading up to the game, should be interesting to see if the new grass holds up. I would be concerned if I was the nrl
Thanks simmo. Great looking ground.

coolumsharkie

Referee
BREAKING: Broncos fullback Jack Bird has left training with a suspected knee injury.

He was heard yelling as he left the field. More to follow.

Last edited by a moderator:

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
He's done his knee again. 3 million dollars+ of cap tied up in injuries and washed up spuds. Pile your wads on the Cows, we're cooked.