What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R1 Fri - Cowboys 21-28 Broncos @ QCBS

Round 1: Cowboys v Broncos

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This Year?

Immortal
Good win for the Broncos. Lose a spine player in the week and already with a few outs, beating a more fancied side away. They didn't let the occasion get to them and looked composed the entire game.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Holmes will be fine but not sure Greens plan for him. Tonight he was just used as the standard third play linkman to throw a cutout to the winger. His success at the Sharks was playing in the middle third of the field, he isn’t a ball player

Teams are starting to go away from using fullbacks that way (at least exclusively). Is Green just not an adaptable coach?

Wizardman

First Grade
That Broncos pack is absolutely immense. They can absolutely hold their own with any pack in the comp. Being a year older, they will only be better this year. Croft and the pack are good enough to take the Broncos to the top eight alone.
I have quite a few questions about their backs though. I think the backline tonight and the backline they will have in round 25 will look completely different. Fortunately for them, Broncos have some emerging talent in those positions. Staggs is the only player in the outside backs that is completely safe. Boyd is not a threat in attack and Oates has that punch drunk look about him...like a boxer who knows his best days are gone. He has had that look in his game for a little while....was a liability tonight. He looks slow as well.

As for the Cows, I thought Gould was a little harsh. Holmes is an athlete....he won't be the best fullback ever but he'll do a job for them and play better as time goes on. They competed well despite being well off the pace with the game. Im not giving them the flick out of the eight yet.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Great win tonight and as said previously Croft at halfback is the difference.

I said months ago Getting away from Melbournes structure will be good fro a Croft. He’s a good halfback who always looked to be scared to try anything at the Storm. Brisbane look the right fit for him

blue bags

First Grade
That Broncos pack is absolutely immense. They can absolutely hold their own with any pack in the comp. Being a year older, they will only be better this year. Croft and the pack are good enough to take the Broncos to the top eight alone.
I have quite a few questions about their backs though. I think the backline tonight and the backline they will have in round 25 will look completely different. Fortunately for them, Broncos have some emerging talent in those positions. Staggs is the only player in the outside backs that is completely safe. Boyd is not a threat in attack and Oates has that punch drunk look about him...like a boxer who knows his best days are gone. He has had that look in his game for a little while....was a liability tonight. He looks slow as well.

As for the Cows, I thought Gould was a little harsh. Holmes is an athlete....he won't be the best fullback ever but he'll do a job for them and play better as time goes on. They competed well despite being well off the pace with the game. Im not giving them the flick out of the eight yet.
thats right, broncs 2 tries were soft, the 3rd lucky, the broncs looked vulnerable at stages , then 4th try , could have easily been stopped , then a different outcome

Wizardman

First Grade
thats right, broncs 2 tries were soft, the 3rd lucky, the broncs looked vulnerable at stages , then 4th try , could have easily been stopped , then a different outcome
Im not bagging any side here. I think both will have better days this year.

aqua_duck

Coach
who would you have selected differently?
Taulagi or Fidow on the wing instead of Hampton who's just simply not a winger, Shane Wright on one of the edges, Peter Hola on the bench. Also don't agree with his prop rotation, the starting props were off the field for a long time and they lost all go forward, Taumalolo I also think isn't being used properly, he seems to be used mostly as a battering ram on early tackle hit ups and doesn't touch the ball when their inside the opposition 20

beave

Coach
Hope Beave’s enjoying his night out at the Broncos new stadium.

Nah, was a great night, thanks for your tax payers dollars that helped go towards building it. Your contribution to NQ football is greatly appreciated.

That is, if you actually have a job??........

Maroon4life

Juniors
Nah, was a great night, thanks for your tax payers dollars that helped go towards building it. Your contribution to NQ football is greatly appreciated.

That is, if you actually have a job??........

Looks like an awesome stadium, great home away from home for the broncs.

Latest posts