What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R14 Thu - Roosters 6-24 Storm @ SCG

Round 14: Roosters v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GongPanther

Referee
Looks like Smith won't be named - was slightly confident that'd we'd sneak him in there but I suppose it's better to play it safe.

Resigned to a loss - We are going to lack creativity in attack... just hope we make a game of it
Can't change my vote, but I'll change my pick to the Roosters with Grub 2 and Munster out. Replacement Eyes N' Tooth wont handle it in the centres, especially against the likes of Ted, Morris and co.

Easts 28-18.

Last edited:

The_Frog

First Grade
No Cam Smith but not a bad replacement. The Storm have it all over the Roosters in the pigs methinks. We at the Panthers would like the Roosters to win this but I don't know that they will.

SDM

First Grade
I think Robbo is still playing ‘ducks and drakes’ with the team sheet here. This game means a lot to both clubs as a good rivalry has been established. I also just wanted to mention ‘ducks and drakes’ in a sentence.
He can't bring in anyone not in the 21 named, so there isn't much he can do.

NewySteel

Juniors
Couldn’t give a toss about either club, but love these matches

Don’t care who wins, as long as it’s a close one again

The_Frog

First Grade
I also just wanted to mention ‘ducks and drakes’ in a sentence.
Interesting turn of phrase this. I can only find references to it meaning skimming stones on a lake, or squandering wealth. The usage of naming misleading football teams and then changing them at the last minute seems to be a Rugby League one exclusively.

Riveting shit, huh?

Interesting turn of phrase this. I can only find references to it meaning skimming stones on a lake, or squandering wealth. The usage of naming misleading football teams and then changing them at the last minute seems to be a Rugby League one exclusively.

Riveting shit, huh?

It is actually. I love rugby league tropes and malapropisms

Valheru

Coach
This all depends IMO on whether the roosters can get their share of possession and field position. The Storm are missing creativity and leadership but they aren't missing grunt, that forward pack is world class and unfortunately for us we are missing our whole back row and a starting prop and it remains to be seen if Collins, Sitilli, Aubo and Liu can hold their own against the Sotrm and support SST.

If the forwards can manage to maintain their share of possession and position then I think we will have too much in the halves and backs for the storm on this occasion. If their forwards dominate then they will eventually get over the line and score enough to beat us despite missing Smith and Munster.

Cockosh

Juniors
I totally get robbo playing the long game with resting players and injuries but geez it’s frustrating as a fan who hangs for the game each week. Regardless it should be a great game. This is now a great rivalry. A cracker of a day in Sydney so a dry mild evening should allow for an fast open game. Can’t wait to get out there. Us by a penalty goal in another golden point thriller

Valheru

Coach
I totally get robbo playing the long game with resting players and injuries but geez it’s frustrating as a fan who hangs for the game each week. Regardless it should be a great game. This is now a great rivalry. A cracker of a day in Sydney so a dry mild evening should allow for an fast open game. Can’t wait to get out there. Us by a penalty goal in another golden point thriller

The media did play up the returning players a bit.

Tupou and Crighton were never expected back prior to round 15 from memory.

B-Moz was round 14 at best.

It is pretty clear that Cords' body is breaking down at this point. No one takes a month to recover from a one off concussion. He will need to be managed like this the rest of his career.

JWH is the only omission that surprises me. I was expecting him back but he obviously needs the added week.

Valheru

Coach
Christian tuipulotu to make his debut in place of Ryan Hall.

I know nothing about him but he can't be worse than Hall.

He would have been our 6th choice winger at start of season after toops, B-Moz, Ikuvalu, Hall and Billy Smith.

Latest posts