What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R15 Thu - Eels 14-0 Storm @ Bankwest

Round 15: Eels v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2020 - Round 15
Parramatta Eels v Melbourne Storm
Bankwest Stadium, Parramatta
Thursday 20 August 2020

Kickoff 7:50pm - Nine/Fox

TL-PAR20a.png

1. Clinton Gutherson 2. Maika Sivo 3. Michael Jennings 4. Waqa Blake 5. Blake Ferguson 6. Dylan Brown 7. Mitchell Moses 8. Reagan Campbell-Gillard 9. Reed Mahoney 10. Junior Paulo 11. Shaun Lane 12. Ryan Matterson 13. Nathan Brown
Interchange: 14. Ray Stone 15. Marata Niukore 16. Kane Evans 17. Oregon Kaufusi 18. Andrew Davey 19. Haze Dunster 20. Will Smith 21. Brad Takairangi

TL-MEL20a.png

1. Ryan Papenhuyzen 2. Sandor Earl 3. Brenko Lee 4. Justin Olam 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Ryley Jacks 7. Jahrome Hughes 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Brandon Smith 10. Christian Welch 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Kenneath Bromwich 13. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui
Interchange: 14. Nicholas Hynes 15. Tom Eisenhuth 16. Albert Vete 17. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 18. Marion Seve 19. Chris Lewis 20. Cooper Johns 21. Darryn Schonig

1Iy8euW.jpg

Referees: Ben Cummins
Sideline Officials: Todd Smith, Chris Sutton
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy, Beau Scott

Last edited by a moderator:
The odds for this one surprise me a bit. $1.95 eels vs $1.85 storm... realistically it shouldnt be that close... the purple scum are having one of those seasons YET AGAIN where they only lose 2 games all year.... they havent looked like losing for ages, while the eels are starting to play like we all know they do.... BAD.

The_Frog

First Grade
Storm by 20 or 30.

Our attack hasn't been the same after the Titans, Broncos and Cowboys games. It's quite the mystery what's happened to our attack.
It's not that mysterious.

A cursory look at the stats indicates the Eels had 60% of possession in the Cowboys match, 68% in the Titans match and 64% in the Broncos match.

In the past month they've had 52% against the Dragons, 49% against the Sharks, 46% against the Bulldogs and 54% against the Tigers.

Conclusion: Parra are flat track bullies. Their attack is lethal only when they have 2/3 of possession. When it's closer to 50% they aren't nearly as efficient in attack.

As to why they don't have as much possession as they did earlier on, it is your coach's job to work that out.

As to this match, I'd love to see them knock over the Storm but I don't think they will.

Last edited:

NewySteel

Juniors
Storm would win easily with Munster and C.smith, but assuming both are out again this is a toss of the coin for mine. Storm were good last week, but their opposition didn’t offer much

I’m saying that, have to go Sunshine Coast by 1-12

Valheru

Coach
This game will tell us if the Eels have any chance at all of winning the comp.

Storm likely still without the Cameron's and they had no problem against my lot last week but our own injury list is well documented.

Parra have a single injury in Terepo. If they can't beat Storm in Sydney without Munster and Smith then they won't be beating storm, penrith, roosters and probably canberra and Knights in the finals at any location.

moffla

Bench
Have a feeling Smith will play. If that's the case, I think we win by a couple of tries

StormFred

Juniors
If both Smiths are out and Hughes as well plus we lost Vinivalu, no better time for the Eels to post a win. Of course I don't have any complaints should Storm get up (no bias here)

GongPanther

Referee
This game will tell us if the Eels have any chance at all of winning the comp.

Storm likely still without the Cameron's and they had no problem against my lot last week but our own injury list is well documented.

Parra have a single injury in Terepo. If they can't beat Storm in Sydney without Munster and Smith then they won't be beating storm, penrith, roosters and probably canberra and Knights in the finals at any location.
Pretty much sums it up.

Its OK to look pretty on a Fri night or Sunday arvo beating sides they are expected to do with Rabs and Sterlo anointing them as the next best thingy. But when it comes to the fair dinkum acid test, they have to step up here for this one.

I give them an outside chance if their umbrella defence keeps the Storm contained, and has them passing back inside.Storm start getting that ball out wide early, they'll be up shit creek.

I'll go for a 8 point Storm win, but if the Eels can turn up and get stuck in hard, they'll be in it with a big chance.

Frailty

First Grade
Eels will win.

They've lucked out with Munster, Smith, Smith and Hughes all looking to be out.

84 Baby

Referee
In the past month they've had 52% against the Dragons, 49% against the Sharks, 46% against the Bulldogs and 54% against the Tigers.

Conclusion: Parra are flat track bullies. Their attack is lethal only when they have 2/3 of possession. When it's closer to 50% they aren't nearly as efficient in attack.
And yet we won 3/4 of those matches :thinking:

Latest posts