What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R6 Sat - Roosters 24-10 Eels @ Bankwest

Round 6: Roosters v Eels

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

super_coach

First Grade
I want to ask - non-Eels fans, did the Eels impress and/or surprise you last night?

I have a Roosters-suuppting mate who says he wasn't impressed at all, because we conceded 24 points...

I thought we were very good.
The Eels were impressive, scoreline was no indication of the game. Only one real lapse, when they switched off after taking the lead. They will be better for the run and but so will the Chooks, they are the benchmark

Danish

Referee
Highest quality game of footy of the season by a country mile.

scoreline flattered us, mostly due to the unlucky albeit correct binning of Jennings.

both sides defended like champions for most of the game. Would be surprised to not see both sides in the prelims at the end of the season.

The ultimate difference was the the absolute bath JMoz gave Blake all game. Couldn’t be happier we managed to sign him

MKCS

Juniors
I'm not a roosters fan but they do a better job at roster management than anyone. People look at the roster and see a star studded team but ignore how many players they've let go. In the past 3-4 years they've let go Jennings, Napa, Evans, Matterson, Tetevano, Ferguson, Latrell, Cronk, Pearce, Guerra, Connor Watson, etc. For most clubs to lose so many top calibre players in a short period would cripple the team but what the roosters do well is player development. Most of the players they signed were either unwanted or had question marks before they signed with the roosters

Great point.

We've let all those players go but which clubs in the NRL genuinely wanted the Morris Brothers? I think the Roosters were the only club publicly interested in Brett and wasn't Josh set to play reserve grade to make way for a younger guy if he remained at the Sharks? Those two likely would've retired, been playing reserves or off to England if it wasn't for the Roosters seeing potential in them.

Manu could make a claim to be one of the best centres in the comp but who knew about him this time 5 years ago? If I recall correctly everyone was going crazy over Latrell but they've developed Manu into being this great player who is probably just as good as Latrell now.

Kyle Flanagan played a few good games for Cronulla but again, who wanted him? He would've likely remained in reserve grade with Josh Morris if he had stayed but the Roosters took him and now he's a solid first grade halfback.

This is why it's so maddening when people say Roosters are over. It's not a Melbourne situation where we have 4-5 of the best players in the world and have signed up the best players from elsewhere. We get guys who are nobodies, turn them into somebodies and then repeat the process over and over.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Highest quality game of footy of the season by a country mile.

scoreline flattered us, mostly due to the unlucky albeit correct binning of Jennings.

both sides defended like champions for most of the game. Would be surprised to not see both sides in the prelims at the end of the season.

The ultimate difference was the the absolute bath JMoz gave Blake all game. Couldn’t be happier we managed to sign him
Geez he looks good this year, JMoz. Really winding back the clock-not that he's ever been anything less than solid, even languishing at the shitty bulldogs for all those years.

This Year?

Immortal
I want to ask - non-Eels fans, did the Eels impress and/or surprise you last night?

I have a Roosters-suuppting mate who says he wasn't impressed at all, because we conceded 24 points...

I thought the Eels were awesome. Mahoney had a wonderful game and Dylan Brown is all class. Gutherson had a great game as well. Like Brad Arthur said it shows where they are at. I felt like the Eels didn't show all their cards and still have improvement in them. I think the next step now is how and when Moses injects himself into the game. If I was an Eels fan, I'd be excited.
The Roosters are the best defensive side of the modern era and have a champion team stacked with champion individuals. To beat them absolutely everything has to go your way like the Panthers game in round 1.

Danish

Referee
Geez he looks good this year, JMoz. Really winding back the clock-not that he's ever been anything less than solid, even languishing at the shitty bulldogs for all those years.

JMoz not being there for the 2010 premiership was a travesty.

If JMoz retires without a title while Gallen managed to snag one, then it proves the footy gods don’t exist

isaiah

Bench
I’m a Eels fan born and bred I’m one of the biggest diehard Eels fans you’ll ever meet.

I don’t know why I have to always justify to fat dorks on the internet that I’m a Eels fan I know I’m a true fan

Bazal you call yourself a Eels fan I couldn’t give a s**t who you support the only Eels fans I care about are me and all my family members I’d love to be at grand final day in a empty stadium of just me and about 200 family who are all born and bred Eels fans

I don’t get the losers on here like you and @hineyrulz who go on about how I’m not a Eels fans I don’t like you’s either and don’t give a sh!t who you support but I don’t carry on like a 2 year old sissy saying oh no yous ain’t Eels fan
I don’t give a care that you losers support the Eels so I don’t know why you make a big deal thinking you know me and know who I support I bet I’ve been to more Eels games and spent more money on memberships and merchandise than you ever will so get a life loser

I’m the biggest Eels fan in the world you call yourself a fan but I don’t care so I don’t why you care about who I support

#GetaLife
True fan, lol

Eelementary

Post Whore
The Eels were impressive, scoreline was no indication of the game. Only one real lapse, when they switched off after taking the lead. They will be better for the run and but so will the Chooks, they are the benchmark

Thanks, mate - I thought we played very well, but my mate had me second-guessing myself.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I thought the Eels were awesome. Mahoney had a wonderful game and Dylan Brown is all class. Gutherson had a great game as well. Like Brad Arthur said it shows where they are at. I felt like the Eels didn't show all their cards and still have improvement in them. I think the next step now is how and when Moses injects himself into the game. If I was an Eels fan, I'd be excited.
The Roosters are the best defensive side of the modern era and have a champion team stacked with champion individuals. To beat them absolutely everything has to go your way like the Panthers game in round 1.

Thanks, mate!

I was curious to see how neutral observers would have seen the game.

I am stoked with our performance, despite the loss - but my mate confused me a bit.

I have a Roosters-supporting mate who says he wasn't impressed at all, because we conceded 24 points...

To be honest the roosters are at a different level fitness wise at this point , there was a passage of play by parra where there was like 5 offloads two half breaks etc , against any other team they score but the roosters just kept turning up to make the tackle , absolutely amazing fitness

also think that Robbo has been flogging the roosters in training during lockdown somehow as they look 15-20% fitter than any team ..... just an idea

Rabbit toes

First Grade
I’m a Eels fan born and bred I’m one of the biggest diehard Eels fans you’ll ever meet.

I don’t know why I have to always justify to fat dorks on the internet that I’m a Eels fan I know I’m a true fan

Bazal you call yourself a Eels fan I couldn’t give a s**t who you support the only Eels fans I care about are me and all my family members I’d love to be at grand final day in a empty stadium of just me and about 200 family who are all born and bred Eels fans

I don’t get the losers on here like you and @hineyrulz who go on about how I’m not a Eels fans I don’t like you’s either and don’t give a sh!t who you support but I don’t carry on like a 2 year old sissy saying oh no yous ain’t Eels fan
I don’t give a care that you losers support the Eels so I don’t know why you make a big deal thinking you know me and know who I support I bet I’ve been to more Eels games and spent more money on memberships and merchandise than you ever will so get a life loser

I’m the biggest Eels fan in the world you call yourself a fan but I don’t care so I don’t why you care about who I support

#GetaLife
R20 like

I assume both players will go under the concussion protocol tests during the week.

I would not be surprised if Friend is rested for next week. We have a more than capable back up hooker in Sam Verrills, as even if Friend passes any concussion protocol tests, he took a real beating in that game.

Thanks, mate!

I was curious to see how neutral observers would have seen the game.

I am stoked with our performance, despite the loss - but my mate confused me a bit.

I thought as a team the Eels were very good last night. Your mate's opinion is not indicative of all Roosters fans, and dare I suggest, not the majority of us.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I thought as a team the Eels were very good last night. Your mate's opinion is not indicative of all Roosters fans, and dare I suggest, not the majority of us.

Thanks, mate - I love my mate, but he can be a bit arrogant haha.

But he did put some doubt into me.

Latest posts