What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Injuries and Suspensions

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Can we find out what the go is with Ethan Lowe?
I was watching NRL 360 on Fox last night, and they were talking about the crusher tackles, and then one of them (maybe it was Kent?) said Ethan may never play again, his injury is that bad, but they didn't say the exact nature of the injury.

We need to find out.
Also, what does it mean to our cap position if Lowe retires because of this injury?

callmack1

Staff member
Can we find out what the go is with Ethan Lowe?
I was watching NRL 360 on Fox last night, and they were talking about the crusher tackles, and then one of them (maybe it was Kent?) said Ethan may never play again, his injury is that bad, but they didn't say the exact nature of the injury.

We need to find out.
Also, what does it mean to our cap position if Lowe retires because of this injury?
No one knows for sure but the current info we have from the club is that it's a Season ending neck injury and he'll be back next year. Of course, with injuries like this there's always a chance it may not heal and he may not play again but if that were the case, his money would come off the cap due to medical retirement.

On another note, it obviously sucks losing Gags for tomorrow night but it's great the club is being super careful with it. We need him fit and firing for the run home.

handyman2190

Bench
No one knows for sure but the current info we have from the club is that it's a Season ending neck injury and he'll be back next year. Of course, with injuries like this there's always a chance it may not heal and he may not play again but if that were the case, his money would come off the cap due to medical retirement.

On another note, it obviously sucks losing Gags for tomorrow night but it's great the club is being super careful with it. We need him fit and firing for the run home.
Go to the web site explains it all in todays injury reports

callmack1

Staff member
Rehab Report - Round 16: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2020/08/28/rehab-report-round-16/

Pretty positive news for most of the guys. Hame is a concern though as that's a much longer lay-off than expected.

Latrell’s season done after injury turns out to be MUCH worse than thought: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...g/news-story/f27c3d549e99340c65e358477ea21a64

Devastating news just in - Latrell gone for at least four months. Snapped the tendon. This is seriously devastating news because Latrell is so crucial to our attack and he was going to be crucial in our shot for the Premiership, that's all up in the air now. We could be in trouble.

I was on a big high after last night but am feeling quite gutted now. Just as everything was starting to come together for not only us as a whole but Latrell as an individual too, it has exploded. Just devastating...

Pommy

Coach
People were dreaming if they thought he was back this season.
you could see from his reaction that wasn't something minor. I was just starting to believe we were an outside chance as well

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Rehab Report - Round 16: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2020/08/28/rehab-report-round-16/

Pretty positive news for most of the guys. Hame is a concern though as that's a much longer lay-off than expected.

Latrell’s season done after injury turns out to be MUCH worse than thought: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...g/news-story/f27c3d549e99340c65e358477ea21a64

Devastating news just in - Latrell gone for at least four months. Snapped the tendon. This is seriously devastating news because Latrell is so crucial to our attack and he was going to be crucial in our shot for the Premiership, that's all up in the air now. We could be in trouble.

I was on a big high after last night but am feeling quite gutted now. Just as everything was starting to come together for not only us as a whole but Latrell as an individual too, it has exploded. Just devastating...
Absolutely devastating

callmack1

Staff member
Mitchell injury opens door for Allan to make himself key part of Rabbitohs: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/mi...lf-key-part-of-rabbitohs-20200829-p55qj8.html

After having some time to think about it and come to terms with it, my attitude has completely changed in regards to Latrell's injury. Yea, I'm still a bit gutted but it's not all doom and gloom.

Yes, Latrell is a massive loss and his absence will make it so much harder but we have the kind of squad this year that can respond to this adversity, I really believe that. We must not dwell on it, I'm sure the players won't be and we have to have a 'next man up' mentality. Latrell has been a big reason for our success this year but he hasn't been the sole reason. We still have a great pack that it starting to look great, the best halves pairing in the comp when they're on and we still have a bacline full of class. Like I say, it's still a big loss but I'm really hoping we can somewhat cover it.

For me, I would put Allan to fullback. I know many will want AJ but I believe it should be Corey. I feel that putting AJ to the back and Allan to the wing weakens two positions. AJ is one of the best wingers in the comp and we really need his speed out wide to take our chances. Corey has played a lot of fullback coming through and he has a great ball playing ability (which we saw on Thursday night), more so than AJ so I feel he suits our attack better. I get the argument that Corey has no speed but our style of attack doesn't revolve around a speedy fullback, Latrell isn't exactly super fast. It requires the link player to have quick hands to set up his outside and I feel Corey can do this better. Will be interesting to see what Wayne goes with.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Mitchell injury opens door for Allan to make himself key part of Rabbitohs: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/mi...lf-key-part-of-rabbitohs-20200829-p55qj8.html

After having some time to think about it and come to terms with it, my attitude has completely changed in regards to Latrell's injury. Yea, I'm still a bit gutted but it's not all doom and gloom.

Yes, Latrell is a massive loss and his absence will make it so much harder but we have the kind of squad this year that can respond to this adversity, I really believe that. We must not dwell on it, I'm sure the players won't be and we have to have a 'next man up' mentality. Latrell has been a big reason for our success this year but he hasn't been the sole reason. We still have a great pack that it starting to look great, the best halves pairing in the comp when they're on and we still have a bacline full of class. Like I say, it's still a big loss but I'm really hoping we can somewhat cover it.

For me, I would put Allan to fullback. I know many will want AJ but I believe it should be Corey. I feel that putting AJ to the back and Allan to the wing weakens two positions. AJ is one of the best wingers in the comp and we really need his speed out wide to take our chances. Corey has played a lot of fullback coming through and he has a great ball playing ability (which we saw on Thursday night), more so than AJ so I feel he suits our attack better. I get the argument that Corey has no speed but our style of attack doesn't revolve around a speedy fullback, Latrell isn't exactly super fast. It requires the link player to have quick hands to set up his outside and I feel Corey can do this better. Will be interesting to see what Wayne goes with.
I was on a real downer after hearing this news but it is what it is and we still have good enough players to get as good a job done as possible. I know the boys have faith in one another and I have faith in them.

Personally as well I’m with you Callmack, that’s exactly how I feel, Allan should go back to fullback as he has better ball playing ability than AJ and he will be steady and we need AJ for his pace on the wing in his best position.

callmack1

Staff member
Judiciary Update - Dane Gagai: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2020/09/11/judiciary-update-dane-gagai/

Honestly can't believe Gags will miss game time for that! What the hell! I might just be one-eyed but I didn't see a punch from him at the time. Might have to watch it again. Fuming with that to be honest!

In saying that, he should just take the week. We can manage next week against the Dogs without him.

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member
From the Daily Telegraph,

The South Sydney Rabbitohs were in secret negotiations to sign champion Melbourne Storm winger Josh Addo-Carr before backflipping to keep Alex Johnston.

The club’s head of football, Mark Ellison, had been in discussions with Addo Carr’s manager, Mario Tartak, for several weeks and made a verbal offer.

At the last moment the offer was withdrawn.

The Rabbitohs were concerned it would be a public relations nightmare.

That it would be wrong to tell Johnston there was no room in the salary cap then bring in another winger on more money. Not when fans were running an online petition to keep Johnston at Redfern.

handyman2190

Bench
From the Daily Telegraph,

The South Sydney Rabbitohs were in secret negotiations to sign champion Melbourne Storm winger Josh Addo-Carr before backflipping to keep Alex Johnston.

The club’s head of football, Mark Ellison, had been in discussions with Addo Carr’s manager, Mario Tartak, for several weeks and made a verbal offer.

At the last moment the offer was withdrawn.

The Rabbitohs were concerned it would be a public relations nightmare.

That it would be wrong to tell Johnston there was no room in the salary cap then bring in another winger on more money. Not when fans were running an online petition to keep Johnston at Redfern.
For sure it would have been for more money,i spose that means we have some left over to keep sirro and another,or maybe get that jack hethrington bull from penrith.....well i can dream cant I?

callmack1

Staff member
Su’A to Miss Round 20: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2020/09/18/sua-to-miss-round-20/

Fuming!!! Absolutely fuming with this! Again, the penalty does not fit the crime at all! There's no way Jaydn could have pulled out as Lewis slips at the last moment. Seriously, this is complete and utter BS! Call me one eyed but I can't see how that deserves a ban. Sin bin was punishment enough.

I completely agree with what Joey Johns and Gus Gould have to say about it, read below,

‘He cannot disappear’ - Referee blunder that condemned Broncos to historic wooden spoon: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/51f5d5521e081df8c439d31d0c01b056

Phil Gould fumes as Rabbitohs star cops ‘unfair’ ban over high shot on Dogs half: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/40a2b01b48676f795958c08ef33abdd9

Amen Gus and Joey, Amen!

Travitoh

First Grade
Jaydn Sua made no attempt to wrap his arms around Lewis and made contact with the head. Nailed on suspension.

It's Sua's responsibility to avoid contact with the head, not Lewis's.

handyman2190

Bench
Jaydn Sua made no attempt to wrap his arms around Lewis and made contact with the head. Nailed on suspension.

It's Sua's responsibility to avoid contact with the head, not Lewis's.
First point of contact was the shoulder of lewis then he slipped, ok a penalty would have been sufficient, ok he was sinned binned,they scored 2 trys, we lost the match, i think that was enough. We now have no chance against the roosters, it will be a cricket score i cant bear to watch

Latest posts