What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

Travitoh

First Grade
I played a bit of centre and I can agree with this. One of the hardest positions to defend in. You have to have so much trust in your halves and wingers otherwise everything turns to shit.

I’ve noticed when Seibold was coaching we also had a really aggressive defensive style where rather than sit and wait we rushed out a lot more. I think I like our current defensive structure under Bennett though.

I think Gagai will definitely lift this year.

Agree. I played wing and centre before moving into the forwards and centre was easily the toughest defensively.

Defending on the wing is all about keeping your opposite number inside you. Very little decision making. I found it easy as long as i kept my composure. Any extra players to defend against are there because they've beaten my inside man.

At centre, the opposing centre was the main job but there are also halves, fullbacks and occasionally edge forwards looking to create an overlap to worry about. Ideally the inside defence slides across but that isn't always the case. The last thing i wanted to do was leave my outside man stranded 2 on 1.

There are times at centre that i feel Gagai panics when defending. He's fine defending on a wing and it suits his attacking game better.
The only reason he's considered as a centre imo is because the Newcastle side he was with was so bad that he was a good option there.

Mixo Joe

Juniors
Possibly but I'd prefer he stayed in the middle. Why move a middle to an edge to bring in another middle?

He could've been poor too. Had he ever played second row before?
There are rumours that AD has signed with the rorters today. Surely not! If true hope souths have asked for Radley as a sweetener.:laughing:

Rabbit57

Juniors
Could Knight move to an edge?
Could Goodwin stack on a quick 5 kg and give it a crack? Can run, tackle and pass and will struggle to get a start in the backs. Wouldn’t be the first back to finish his career as an edge forward. I know it’s an out there thought and I expect a reaction.

Travitoh

First Grade
Could Goodwin stack on a quick 5 kg and give it a crack? Can run, tackle and pass and will struggle to get a start in the backs. Wouldn’t be the first back to finish his career as an edge forward. I know it’s an out there thought and I expect a reaction.

Latrell Mitchell would be my out of the box suggestion but that won't happen.

Sua and Lowe will start. It's depth that's the issue.

southsport

First Grade
Wayne could give him run in backrow in the trials if he is thinking that way.

RobbyP189

Juniors
There are rumours that AD has signed with the rorters today. Surely not! If true hope souths have asked for Radley as a sweetener.:laughing:
That will do me if he goes to the Roosters. I think the Roosters reason for existence is not to win premierships but to put one over us .

callmack1

Staff member
So there's rumours emerging that Doueihi is gone. Anyone got anymore infor on that?

Also, From Channel Nine,

HOW GOODWIN'S RETURN ALMOST FELL APART

Meanwhile, Goodwin's return to South Sydney almost fell apart last week.

League fans were stunned that Goodwin - who turned 34 last month - rejoined the Rabbitohs for 2020 after two seasons in Super League with Warrington.

Catalans made an attempt to snatch Goodwin this week on a two-year deal.

Goodwin was tempted - but Souths coach Wayne Bennett said the veteran centre is in his plans, so he is going nowhere … and is fine with that.

Curiously, while Bennett wants Goodwin to stay, it is believed fellow backs Adam Doueihi, Alex Johnston and Dane Gagai are all free to move on.

WHY TITANS WILL DIG IN ON ARROW

Jai Arrow's reputation as a stand-up guy is the main reason the Titans are unlikely to release the tough forward to South Sydney this season.

Arrow has signed with the Bunnies for 2021 and made it clear that he wants out of Gold Coast now to start his new career.

In most cases like this, club reluctantly let the player go a year early, knowing not wanting to stay will affect their form and attitude.

But Titans coach Justin Holbrook has spoken to those who know Arrow best at the club - and they have given the young forward massive endorsements.

"He is a great kid - the type who won't walk around kicking stones if we dig our heels in and make him stay," a club insider told me.

As a result, unless the Titans can find a suitable replacement, expect Arrow to stay right where he is until September.

250excf

Juniors
So there's rumours emerging that Doueihi is gone. Anyone got anymore infor on that?

Also, From Channel Nine,

HOW GOODWIN'S RETURN ALMOST FELL APART

Meanwhile, Goodwin's return to South Sydney almost fell apart last week.

League fans were stunned that Goodwin - who turned 34 last month - rejoined the Rabbitohs for 2020 after two seasons in Super League with Warrington.

Catalans made an attempt to snatch Goodwin this week on a two-year deal.

Goodwin was tempted - but Souths coach Wayne Bennett said the veteran centre is in his plans, so he is going nowhere … and is fine with that.

Curiously, while Bennett wants Goodwin to stay, it is believed fellow backs Adam Doueihi, Alex Johnston and Dane Gagai are all free to move on.

WHY TITANS WILL DIG IN ON ARROW

Jai Arrow's reputation as a stand-up guy is the main reason the Titans are unlikely to release the tough forward to South Sydney this season.

Arrow has signed with the Bunnies for 2021 and made it clear that he wants out of Gold Coast now to start his new career.

In most cases like this, club reluctantly let the player go a year early, knowing not wanting to stay will affect their form and attitude.

But Titans coach Justin Holbrook has spoken to those who know Arrow best at the club - and they have given the young forward massive endorsements.

"He is a great kid - the type who won't walk around kicking stones if we dig our heels in and make him stay," a club insider told me.

As a result, unless the Titans can find a suitable replacement, expect Arrow to stay right where he is until September.
I can understand why the tits won’t let Arrow go but it’s still pretty slack as they are restricting the young man from earning the extra money he is worth compared to what they give him

truthslayer

Juniors
I hope all the media speculation about Doueihi is just that. Although not attending training is a pointer to him leaving. I’m not sure Bennett made the right call with Doueihi and then saying he has Goodwin in his plans, I m sorry Godwin’s best days are finished. Doueihi has the chance to find a greener pasture or back his ability and potential and force his way into a strong team.This environment can only improve him as a player and add value to himself as a player. I don’t think Bennett or Richardson has handled this well or had vision with Doueihi who can play many positions , come origin Bennett will wish he had more than Goodwin . The recruitment this year has been below par , to many backs and we know Latrell is an unknown performer as yet. Reynolds and walker while stars had their moments of poor play , Doueihi would of kept them on their toes. You don’t go and say to a young guy with a lot of potential go look else where. How many clubs are fostering and giving chances to youngsters like Doueihi.All I can say there would want to be a plan and huge reason why you make this call. Bennett has made some bad calls with players and I hope he hasn’t gave the roosters a gun.

Mr Spock!

Referee
I hope all the media speculation about Doueihi is just that. Although not attending training is a pointer to him leaving. I’m not sure Bennett made the right call with Doueihi and then saying he has Goodwin in his plans, I m sorry Godwin’s best days are finished. Doueihi has the chance to find a greener pasture or back his ability and potential and force his way into a strong team.This environment can only improve him as a player and add value to himself as a player. I don’t think Bennett or Richardson has handled this well or had vision with Doueihi who can play many positions , come origin Bennett will wish he had more than Goodwin . The recruitment this year has been below par , to many backs and we know Latrell is an unknown performer as yet. Reynolds and walker while stars had their moments of poor play , Doueihi would of kept them on their toes. You don’t go and say to a young guy with a lot of potential go look else where. How many clubs are fostering and giving chances to youngsters like Doueihi.All I can say there would want to be a plan and huge reason why you make this call. Bennett has made some bad calls with players and I hope he hasn’t gave the roosters a gun.
Don't forget Wayne signed milford and boyd to long term nearly million dollar contracts.