What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

handyman2190

Bench
Only source i can find is the paper. Nothing official on rabbitohs.com or NRL.com.

Coming off of 4 knee surgeries, i don't think we'll see the same player that looked promising at NQ and Brisbane.
He didnt look too bad at newcastle, we would have got him cheap

I work with a mate of Jacob Host and I can report he is very very happy to be picked up by you guys and he wants to throw everything into it.

He’s prone to the odd brain snap, but wasn’t given a proper go at sgi (my obs). He needs some proper training and opportunity.

Hopefully I can get more info for you over the next few years, although he did the right thing by Mary during his tenure.

Im told his friends are also happy he’s been snapped up even if they are all die hard dragons.It’s good to get the private mateship blessing.

It would be great to develop him into a starting player in his own right. Not easy to play for you guys these days.

One of his quirks is that loves the fans. Not too full of himself. It’s a good quality in a player.

Last edited:

Hellray

Juniors
So don’t the teams usually announce at the awards night the departing players, anyone heard of our list being named?

NovoBunny94

Juniors
I work with a mate of Jacob Host and I can report he is very very happy to be picked up by you guys and he wants to throw everything into it.

He’s prone to the odd brain snap, but wasn’t given a proper go at sgi (my obs). He needs some proper training and opportunity.

Hopefully I can get more info for you over the next few years, although he did the right thing by Mary during his tenure.

Im told his friends are also happy he’s been snapped up even if they are all die hard dragons.It’s good to get the private mateship blessing.

It would be great to develop him into a starting player in his own right. Not easy to play for you guys these days.

One of his quirks is that loves the fans. Not too full of himself. It’s a good quality in a player.
Good to know, thanks mate

Rabbits20

Immortal

Well done all so stoked for all the boys and girls with their awards.

Cody in particular getting the George Piggins Medal and also voted by his teammates as the best of the year is a really big achievement.

callmack1

Staff member
Gotta be honest, I'm a little underwhelmed by the potential Moga signing too. Was a great player a few years back but I'm not sure he's that player anymore. Still, I guess he'd come very cheap and will be a depth signing for now. He's been around a while now so it's great to have some experience in the back ups. However, if Wayne can get the best out of him, I think there's a genuine chance he could be pushing for a sterting spot.

On another note, if this signing happens, I really can't see us getting Addo-Carr sadly unless others in the backline depart.

Up front and into them; the search for the Hostplus ‘Sustained Performer’ continues!: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...r-the-hostplus-sustained-performer-continues/

For & Against - Has Bellamy overtaken Bennett as game's best coach?: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/10/30/for--against-has-bellamy-overtaken-bennett-as-games-best-coach/

Bernard Sutton to step down from role: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/10/30/bernard-sutton-to-step-down-from-role/

CAFPOW

Juniors
Daily Telecrap:

MOGA ON THE MOVE

Tautau Moga will reunite with Wayne Bennett at Souths next year with the centre agreeing to join the Rabbitohs.

Moga will play for his fifth NRL club since debuting for the Roosters in 2012. He produced his best season during a one year stint under Bennett at Brisbane in 2017 before he joined the Knights in 2018.

Injuries restricted Moga to just 73 matches in nine seasons, including only 14 games for Knights in three years. He played just four this year.

Moga has ruptured the ACL in his right knee three times and his left knee once.

The Rabbitohs will officially announce James Roberts’ exit next week.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
I heard an interview with JAC today saying how much he really wants to play fullback at his new club, even saying he's played there or centres his whole junior career.

Pretty much rules out him coming to Souths

handyman2190

Bench
I heard an interview with JAC today saying how much he really wants to play fullback at his new club, even saying he's played there or centres his whole junior career.

Pretty much rules out him coming to Souths
We cant afford him with that attitude, moga i think will play centre and either gags or graham will shift to the wing, paulo just isnt the answer,paying jac more than 500k isnt worth it, we need 2 forwards if mago and amone dillon are gone.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
We cant afford him with that attitude, moga i think will play centre and either gags or graham will shift to the wing, paulo just isnt the answer,paying jac more than 500k isnt worth it, we need 2 forwards if mago and amone dillon are gone.
Moga will be broken down within a month, then they can put in Burns who might get us to round 10 before he's broken down too.

Why are we getting guys who keep breaking down?

Honestly this is one big yawn

Thumper

Juniors

exactly right. Moga is cheaper than jimmy. Souths are clearly moving money to get at least another really good forward. Our forwards didn’t let us down at all the season just gone. However we very rarely dominated another side up front. Arrow helps but they need an hard nut who can intimidate opponents

handyman2190

Bench
exactly right. Moga is cheaper than jimmy. Souths are clearly moving money to get at least another really good forward. Our forwards didn’t let us down at all the season just gone. However we very rarely dominated another side up front. Arrow helps but they need an hard nut who can intimidate opponents
We have lost 4 forwards and so far signed 1, so we need 2 props and a second rower,and we better move quick,the dogs hit the ground running, there is a penrith prop i wouldnt mind and id play hard ball with the chooks ,crighton for suaali and they pay half his freight.

handyman2190

Bench
Corey allen told he can leave,we will release him, if he gets a better offer, another likely to find another club, are we getting stronger or weaker? At this stage im guessing tigers or merge

Thumper

Juniors
Corey allen told he can leave,we will release him, if he gets a better offer, another likely to find another club, are we getting stronger or weaker? At this stage im guessing tigers or merge
Can’t see how we are getting weaker.
Haven’t lost a player from our top 17. Jet maybe in that but he’s a liability.
Arrow has been added.
I feel they are cutting the fat and freeing up money for a couple of hard nosed forwards.

Travitoh

First Grade

Stronger.
Arrow into first grade.
Host and Milne maybe on the bench.

Roberts was poor and the salary saved will be better used elsewhere.
Allan played well but is depth and first grade is his ceiling IMO.

NovoBunny94

Juniors
Can’t see how we are getting weaker.
Haven’t lost a player from our top 17. Jet maybe in that but he’s a liability.
Arrow has been added.
I feel they are cutting the fat and freeing up money for a couple of hard nosed forwards.
Hope so.
Couple of good hard forwards and a fit latrell Mitchell could be the difference between a prelim and a gf win