What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

handyman2190

Bench
Stronger.
Arrow into first grade.
Host and Milne maybe on the bench.

Roberts was poor and the salary saved will be better used elsewhere.
Allan played well but is depth and first grade is his ceiling IMO.
I dont know about his ceiling being first grade,he is in the origin squad, im looking at our depth, the only problem with allen is his speed, otherwise he is talented, i suppose AJ can cover FB, milne who showed plenty in his beginnings, hasnt lived up to it,will he pull his finger out now?
This season showed us that quality of depth is important,and even though we covered it well will we be able to next year, i know we paid overs for allen,im told he is around 300k but at least he is quality

callmack1

Staff member
Transfer Whispers - Bunnies offer rising star a release: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/b02dfc1d643fea840f00cb1f807ba88a

I'd be quite disappointed if we lost Allan because I really like him and I think he's only gonna get better but we must accept the reality of the situation. Corey is far too good to be in reserve grade and if he's here next year, that's most likely where he'll be sadly due to the strength of our backline. As I say, he's far too good for that and deserves to be starting each week so I think the club is doing the right thing by saying if we wants to go, he can.

That's not saying he will go however, and I hope he doesn't. By all reports, he loves the club and the boys here so he may well decide to stay and fight it out for a spot in the 17. That'd be great! But if not, then it's a shame but it's not a huge loss and we'd be doing the right thing. It's a similar situation to Doueihi this time last year. Can't keep em all.

assess5

Juniors
I dont know about his ceiling being first grade,he is in the origin squad, im looking at our depth, the only problem with allen is his speed, otherwise he is talented, i suppose AJ can cover FB, milne who showed plenty in his beginnings, hasnt lived up to it,will he pull his finger out now?
This season showed us that quality of depth is important,and even though we covered it well will we be able to next year, i know we paid overs for allen,im told he is around 300k but at least he is quality
Allen won't tackle, get rid of him.

CAFPOW

Juniors
Is it possible to send Allan, Jimmy the Jet and Suaalii to the Storm for The Fox? I believe
it is better to send them 3 to the Storm than the Roosters.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Is it possible to send Allan, Jimmy the Jet and Suaalii to the Storm for The Fox? I believe
it is better to send them 3 to the Storm than the Roosters.
Yeah I'd be trying that.
The only question is does the player have to agree, or does he go where he is traded?

handyman2190

Bench
Yeah I'd be trying that.
The only question is does the player have to agree, or does he go where he is traded?
He has to agree, usually the new club offers a little more cash or a longer term or renegotiates a different deal to make it attractive. Im curious to know whats happening with the jet, news says we will be parting ways next week,id like to know what that means, if another club picks him up great,but we just cant say see u later he has 1 year to go, is there enough left in this years cap to compensate him for next year so it dosent come out of next years cap? And why wouldnt u just use him if no club wants him

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
He has to agree, usually the new club offers a little more cash or a longer term or renegotiates a different deal to make it attractive. Im curious to know whats happening with the jet, news says we will be parting ways next week,id like to know what that means, if another club picks him up great,but we just cant say see u later he has 1 year to go, is there enough left in this years cap to compensate him for next year so it dosent come out of next years cap? And why wouldnt u just use him if no club wants him
It depends on each case.
Case 1: Corey Allan
Say for this example, he's on 350K with a year to go.
If another club wants him, we give them to him for that money, they get someone pretty cheap, we get 350K off our cap, and then the New club can negotiate same or more money going forward.
Case 2: Jimmy Jet.
I thought he was on 350-400 but Bulldog from Telecrap said it was 550.
If another club wants him but is only willing to pay, say 200, we let him go, and get 200 off our cap, and we pay the New club the difference between what he's on minus what they are willing to pay,
If no one wants him, we are stuck with him for another season.

Therefore, Allan will be a lot easier to move than the Jet.
Newcastle might be interested in the Jet, but we gonna have to pay more than half his salary, in that case, unless we desperately need additional cap space for this coming season, we may as well keep him, unless he is causing trouble in the dressing room.

handyman2190

Bench
Looks like the fox will stay at the storm for 1 more year,probably so he isnt forced to go to a club that has a replacement, gives us a chance

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Looks like the fox will stay at the storm for 1 more year,probably so he isnt forced to go to a club that has a replacement, gives us a chance
IF that's the case, then my view on this is that JAC wants to be come only to Souths. My logic for that is:
1. Apparently Tigers so far are the only club to make him a hard offer, and its for big money, and he is stil sniffing around - so he's not keen on going there.
2. Apparently Melbourne said they would take Reimis-Smith in a swap deal for JAC, so if that is true, and the deal doesn't get done, then the only conclusion is that JAC doesn't want to go to the Dogs
3. Souths have a lot of salary coming off the books after 2021,and JAC is a free agent, so if he is saying he'll wait until then, that can only mean he wants to go to Souths

Which tallies in with the fact that he's a LaPa junior, and I've been told he still has family there, so it's only natural that he wants to be right in there.

Where did you get the info on JAC saying what you've quoted above?

handyman2190

Bench
IF that's the case, then my view on this is that JAC wants to be come only to Souths. My logic for that is:
1. Apparently Tigers so far are the only club to make him a hard offer, and its for big money, and he is stil sniffing around - so he's not keen on going there.
2. Apparently Melbourne said they would take Reimis-Smith in a swap deal for JAC, so if that is true, and the deal doesn't get done, then the only conclusion is that JAC doesn't want to go to the Dogs
3. Souths have a lot of salary coming off the books after 2021,and JAC is a free agent, so if he is saying he'll wait until then, that can only mean he wants to go to Souths

Which tallies in with the fact that he's a LaPa junior, and I've been told he still has family there, so it's only natural that he wants to be right in there.

Where did you get the info on JAC saying what you've quoted above?
You will read it soon on the news feeds, your take matches mine,he dosent want to go anywere but souths.
During his after match interview he was excited and jumpy,at the end he said something i thought was a mistake,up redfern or words that had redfern in them,latrell is a good mate,i think he wants souths.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
You will read it soon on the news feeds, your take matches mine,he dosent want to go anywere but souths.
During his after match interview he was excited and jumpy,at the end he said something i thought was a mistake,up redfern or words that had redfern in them,latrell is a good mate,i think he wants souths.
Yeah I thought he said something like, "Redfern give me a call" but I'd have to watch it again.

Travitoh

First Grade
Cam McInnes off contract this year. Would be a great addition in the back row and leadership group for 2022 if he's willing to step away from playing hooker.

NovoBunny94

Juniors
Doesnt JAC want fullback to play fullback though? If he came to souths he would be a winger which we have plenty of as it is. Tbh we don't need backs we need forwards

Travitoh

First Grade
Yeah I thought he said something like, "Redfern give me a call" but I'd have to watch it again.

It was a shoutout to his mothers family in Redfern. He also gave his fathers family a shoutout before it who is the reason he played for Wests

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Doesnt JAC want fullback to play fullback though? If he came to souths he would be a winger which we have plenty of as it is. Tbh we don't need backs we need forwards
A player like JAC you dont pass up if he wants to be at the club.

Moga - 4 knee re-cons - he wont last the season.
Burns - walking health insurance claim - has he played a full season yet without being injured for the season/finals?
Milne - question marks
Marsters - seems like Wayne lost faith in him
Paulo - yeah, but still green.
Cartwright - he's not a true centre
Roberts - is being let go.

Thats our depth. You wanna trust in that given how many injuries our backline suffered this past season?

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Cam McInnes off contract this year. Would be a great addition in the back row and leadership group for 2022 if he's willing to step away from playing hooker.
I could see the Bulldogs going hard after him. Newcastle too.
Would he walk out on the captaincy of a club?

Travitoh

First Grade
NRL.com reporting Josh Mansour has been told he's free to leave. Very few players better at coming out of their own end than Mansour. Would strengthen Souths a lot imo.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
NRL.com reporting Josh Mansour has been told he's free to leave. Very few players better at coming out of their own end than Mansour. Would strengthen Souths a lot imo.
Well that's where we struggled in Penrith game without Campbell Graham - our back 3 digging it out of our own 20. Paulo and Allan were being driven backwards, Gagai had to get in and do a lot of carries, and Johnston is usually only effective when the defensive line is not straight and not coming as one.