What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

Bobby Moses

Juniors
Must admit the whole retired injured player salary cap thingy has me a bit confused. I fail to see how a club gains any advantage by having a player retire due to injury,,,,,,, new or old. Do not understand why this should impact on your "playing" salary cap.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
Must admit the whole retired injured player salary cap thingy has me a bit confused. I fail to see how a club gains any advantage by having a player retire due to injury,,,,,,, new or old. Do not understand why this should impact on your "playing" salary cap.
I think it mostly relies on the fact, that the players contract is honoured playing or injured to the point, that they are unable to ever play again. But the part is like to see what happens is what if Sam wants to come back in three years. Will the nrl allow it? I think not.

Bobby Moses

Juniors
I think it mostly relies on the fact, that the players contract is honoured playing or injured to the point, that they are unable to ever play again. But the part is like to see what happens is what if Sam wants to come back in three years. Will the nrl allow it? I think not.
Yes that to. I just don’t understand why a team should have their current salary cap effected by someone who can’t play ,,,,,,, what is the advantage to the club? I agree a players contract should be honoured but I can’t see how an advantage is gained.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
Yes that to. I just don’t understand why a team should have their current salary cap effected by someone who can’t play ,,,,,,, what is the advantage to the club? I agree a players contract should be honoured but I can’t see how an advantage is gained.
Absolutely no advantage. The club loses 3 million for not a minutes game time. When it comes back off the cap, they still have to pay it out again for new player/s. If this money isn't returned in relief, then that I guess would put an end to signing players on long term deals, which then would create the players association protesting to the point a strike would be the only solution.

Mixo Joe

Juniors
Absolutely no advantage. The club loses 3 million for not a minutes game time. When it comes back off the cap, they still have to pay it out again for new player/s. If this money isn't returned in relief, then that I guess would put an end to signing players on long term deals, which then would create the players association protesting to the point a strike would be the only solution.
Chris Grevsmuhl that will do me. Fmd what are they thinking.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Chris Grevsmuhl that will do me. Fmd what are they thinking.
There has been some rumours around that it’s just a train and trial contract, let’s see what eventuates.

Also as each day goes by where Latrell doesn’t sign elsewhere I’m becoming a bit more confident we could very well get him.

Also been a bit of talk around Gagai could be on the outer (no idea if there is any truth to that).

Interesting times for sure.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
There has been some rumours around that it’s just a train and trial contract, let’s see what eventuates.

Also as each day goes by where Latrell doesn’t sign elsewhere I’m becoming a bit more confident we could very well get him.

Also been a bit of talk around Gagai could be on the outer (no idea if there is any truth to that).

Interesting times for sure.
It's the fact that Roosters won't let him go to join Souths. They said they will make him play for North's before they let him go to us. If he can't get a one year deal with Tigers, he should call the Roosters bluff and stay there. I can't see how ANY CLUB could call themselves good club managers and pay $600K for someone in reserve grade. In my books they would be the dumbest managers ever. He wants to join Souths and everyone knows that. And he also hates the Roosters as well. If there was all these trillions being spoken of at the Tigers can't lure him, then he knows exactly what club he wants to play with.

ApexRabbitoh

Juniors
H
It's the fact that Roosters won't let him go to join Souths. They said they will make him play for North's before they let him go to us. If he can't get a one year deal with Tigers, he should call the Roosters bluff and stay there. I can't see how ANY CLUB could call themselves good club managers and pay $600K for someone in reserve grade. In my books they would be the dumbest managers ever. He wants to join Souths and everyone knows that. And he also hates the Roosters as well
how do you know he hates the Roosters?

Rabbits20

Immortal
Because he wants out of there no matter what.
I agree, plus from what I’ve heard most of his family are diehard Souths supporters.
Latrell Mitchell will come to South Sydney. It's the when I'm more interested in. Love it for next year. But let's see how it plays out
I’d say there is a fair chance we can get him for 2020, I don’t think Easts want an unhappy player on a good amount of money at their club. They said they wouldn’t release him to us, but do we really believe that? Imo for Easts it wouldn’t be the best look on their part.

I don’t think Latrell is worth a million though, hopefully if we make an offer to him our offer is a bit less than that 1mil figure.

Latrell will have to put in and work really hard, I’m sure Wayne wouldn’t just hand him the 1 jersey, he’d have to fight hard for it with Douiehi which could be a good thing and bring out the best in one another.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
I agree, plus from what I’ve heard most of his family are diehard Souths supporters.

I’d say there is a fair chance we can get him for 2020, I don’t think Easts want an unhappy player on a good amount of money at their club. They said they wouldn’t release him to us, but do we really believe that? Imo for Easts it wouldn’t be the best look on their part.

I don’t think Latrell is worth a million though, hopefully if we make an offer to him our offer is a bit less than that 1mil figure.

Latrell will have to put in and work really hard, I’m sure Wayne wouldn’t just hand him the 1 jersey, he’d have to fight hard for it with Douiehi which could be a good thing and bring out the best in one another.
The other player in the No. 1 mix is Edene Gebbie. He's an explosive fullback and has a step to split any team wide open. If he can handle the rise in class, he will be a sensation.

Pauly1

Juniors
So what happened with Issac Luke?
He left us high and dry as we released Apisai Koroisau to accomodate his 3/4 year contract.Then after we accommodated him he decided he was home sick and wanted out.
He must have gotten over his homesickness as he has signed up with the Dragons.
Just goes to show, contracts are worth nothing!

Latest posts