Discussion in 'NRL' started by Lambretta, Nov 20, 2019.
1. Raiders - #justicefor2019. I want them to do it for their fans, including Skeepe.
2. Eels - a brilliant brand of enterprising football, these guys play the way the rest of the league should. Feel sorry for them after 2001 (a little bit) and especially 2009.
3. Dogs - Dean Pay seems like a good guy and deserves to catch a break.
4. Warriors - would be higher if they weren’t so frickin dumb to sign Kearney as coach. Still it would be good for the game if they won the premiership.
5. Titans - it won’t happen but the poor bastards need some success to gain relevance again.
6. Tigers - more likeable now Farah is gone. The players consistently play as hard as they can despite limited talent in their squad, which is something my mob could learn from. I like Michael Maguire as a coach.
7. Sea Eagles - how can you not like a team that boasts the GOAT. I love their attacking style and rate Hasler as a great motivator.
8. Roosters - yes I know they’ve won 2 premierships in a row but they’re still an exciting team to watch. How can you not admire Tedesco in full flight? Need to piss off Maria Handbags though.
9. Knights - yeah my mob whatever.
10. Dragons - I want them to succeed long term but I don’t want them to do it while McBaldy is coach. The joint reeks of jobs for the boys.
11. Cowboys - Paul Green is a whiny little b*tch, who would want to play for him. I’m enjoying seeing Thurston’s Cowboys languish down the bottom after he said Ponga shouldn’t go to a sh*t club like the Knights. Look who’s sh*t now?
12. Storm - the most sleep inducing team in the comp. Wake me up when September ends.
13. Pamffers - their players are a bunch of arrogant f***wits every time they play us, wanting to start fights and sh*t. You bunch of bogan westies, your stadium is a dump and I hope it sinks into the ground. Brandy Alexander is a f***wit too.
14. Souffs - nothing personal I just love to have a [email protected] and I want that old scarecrow you call coach thrown to the kerb.
15. Sharps - the odious stench of Gallen still permeates the joint and every time I think of that misbegotten club I picture Scomo with his cheap used-car salesman grin and wonder what kind of society would put a Sharks fan in charge of the nation? I want to see them sink back to the depths of the Nathan Gardner at fullback days before they’re ultimately punted to Perth.
16. Donkeys - the definition of corporate slime. Nothing would please me more to see the gnashing of teeth in the Courier Fail when the Donkeys are handed their first ever, history in the making, spoon. The look of despair on the faces of Locky, Sammy, Parker and Hodgo would be icing on the cake.
Wow there's a lot of Panthers animosity... Can't say I've ever seen that level of dislike for us - I mean I don't disagree with the position most have put us in, we were f**king puss this season, but there seems to be a bit of heat behind the comments.. It's not like we're an exactly successful or grubby club, which is why a number of teams are "hated" like that. I just don't get it.
My list is split up into 3 groups...
Top 5 of teams i actually would want to win a comp next year if not the Raiders.
A middle group of 5 that i really dont give a shit about much, any of them could be 6 or 11th depending on my mood on the day
Bottom 5 are teams id really rather not see win
1. Warriors - First time premiers are always fun. Its historic and the bump it could give the game over in NZ would be cool. Not that it''ll ever compete with RU over there, but closing the gap would be nice.
2. Titans - Garbage team in a garbage market but again, first time premiers... they're always fun and enjoyable. To see any fanbase get to celebrate a first major sporting achievement is good feels.
3. Roosters - I like dynasties. I like all time great teams, they are good for the game, good for history. I've said a few times over the last few years that i actually like this roosters team. They're very likable
4. Storm - Cameron Smith being sent off with a premiership would be fitting for the GOAT.
5. Cowbys - Pretty inoffensive, they have had success before but not enough, and it's always good when the little brother of QLD is significantly better than the Broncos
6. Panthers - Grew up there, have a lot of close friends and family who support them.
7. Tigers - Been some rough years but the club i feel is trying to do things the right way most of the time. My FIL is also a Tigers fan
8. Manly - I like the Turbo boys, and have a lot of time for Joel Thompson.
10. Dragons - another inoffensive team who i mostly never think about.
11. Souths - Right in the dont give a shit zone.
12. Eels - Mitchell Moses is easily a top 5 most hated player for me. And i have a few too many friends that will be unbearable if they ever won
13. Bulldogs - My dad's a fan, so f**k them too.
14. Sharks - without Gallen crying about being hit hard, the interest in this team is significantly lower. They are a generally loathsome and frankly useless club for this code. Success would serve only to prolong their existence when its clear the licence should be moved elsewhere
15. Broncos - Miserable team, with a shit ton of competitive advantages and still cant get the f**king job done. Long may it reign.
16. Knights - f**k the knights forever.
I’ve thought of mine half in what would be good for the game and half what I’d like
1. Raiders - I enjoyed what they brought to the finals/GF last year and think it would only increase if they did it again
2. Warriors - seriously would these guys just get it together. Would be great for the game
3. Knights - even though the media wankfest would be akin to Souffs in 14, the fans deserve it and again it would be amazing for the game
4. Titans - their fan base would instantly double to 20 fans
5. Manly - weird one but nothing is better then Des coaching a team deep into the finals. You know it will be entertaining on and off the field
6. Storm - can’t have a finals series without them
7. Dragons - should ensure a 5 year extension for McGregor and at least have one Sydney club in the finals that would turn up
8. Cowboys - been floundering for too many years, need these guys back up there
9. Tigers - hello darkness my old friend
10. Dogs - I don’t really have anything against them and they put in every game this year
11. Roosters - I don’t dislike them but I feel for al their success they haven’t added anything to the game. Can you imagine if a Dogs/Dragons/Eels/Tigers etc made what 17 of the last 20 finals series and 4 GFS every decade? They would become the equivalent of a Man U in our game
12. Broncos - rugby league is dead in QLD
13. Sharks - just relocate already
14. Eels - again I know a strong Parra is great for the game and their fans are generally pretty good but their team is full of unlikable merkins that act like they’re the Dragons side of the 50s/60s
15. Panthers - [email protected] and their arrogant fans who were boasting a dynasty this time last year
And that’s it. Yep all 15 sides as in my imagination 2020 comp Souths have been kicked out again
I don't think Tigers fans should be forced to put their own team at 9.
I like this for the Souths dig... But f**k you for the Panthers one
1.Warriors..for reasons others have stated
2.Tits..same as above .
3. Canb ..love how they play ...Big Pap deserves a GF ring .
9. Cows..sigh ..2015 was so long ago ....JT any chance of putting the microphone down & pulling a jersey back on ..please...pretty please.
10-14 don't care.
15.Rorters ..most despicable hive of humanity in world sport.Hate them with a passion .
16. Bronchokes..make the Rorters look likeable
Having f**kwit fans on here who continually post dribble can quickly change people’s thoughts on your club.
And you guys have one of the biggest flogs going around.
Who's that? *Please don't be me*
I reckon it would be "The Flog".
It ain’t you.
The Ivan Cleary fiasco left a bad taste
and being run by Gus for years
A lot of off-field drama, some of it kinda grubby (sex tapes and abortions).
And some dead set special fans on here
In retrospect (and seeing another response to mine) I think I've figured it out... Shame. The rest of us aren't as "sub-par" as that one seems to be.
The Cleary thing, I can kind of get from a Tigers perspective (probably time to move on though)
Gus was/is a dick agreed (he did some great things for our club, so I can't hate him that much)
As for the scandals, I would've thought that would just give ammunition to other fans to hang shit when we start giving it. I can't see how the actions of a couple players (Cartwright and May from your examples) would tarnish the whole club though.
Yes, as do most clubs unfortunately I mean look at all the hate Roosters get because of your alts...
It'll pass, you aren't successful enough for sustained hate. It's a phase.
Shit, there's a giant hatewagon against Newcastle of all clubs on twitter. Bizarre
1. Warriors - As a Kiwi I'd love to see them finally win one.
2. Raiders - Always had a soft spot for them
3. Knights - their fans deserve some happiness
4. Parra - In-laws support them and have a soft spot for them too.
5. Titans - First time premiers are always a good thing to see (except for 2016. That sucked.)
1. Raiders - childhood team
2. Tigers - second fav childhood team
3. Titans - poor buggers need a break
4. Sharks - now that Gallen's gone I'd like to see SJ win a title
5. Knights - they deserve happy things
6. Dragons - because I want the Dragons match winning try to be from a kick
7. Cowboys - dunno why, they're not offensive
8. Dogs - see above
9. Warriors - will finish lower
10. Eels - f**k em
11. Panthers - f**k em
12. Storm - f**k em
13. Manly - f**k em
14. Broncos - f**k em
15. Roosters - f**k em
16. Souths - f**k em to hell
We are all Tigers fans in this Universe
1. Broncos: just for the lols because QLD has suffered so much adversity and also because there's a few Broncos fans that I like, plus the salt that Darius winning another comp would produce would be epic.
2. Storm: Seeing Cameron Smith win a legit comp for the 1st time would bring a tear to the eye of anyone but the most butthurt haters, also it would prove they can win with only 1 of the big 4.
3. Roosters: seeing a threepeat would ensure the longevity of rugby league in Sydney and would also make the other Sydney clubs step up and make the comp great again.
4. Souths: Seeing Wayne win a comp without a Burgess and against everyone who thinks the game has passed him while at everyone's 2nd favourite club would bring a tear to the eye of any rugby league fan.
5. Cronulla: A Gallenless Sharks side winning the comp would be a fairy tale for the most liked characters in the NRL and seeing Scomo holding the trophy with his mates would be a heartfelt occasion for anyone who knows what it's like to struggle.
6. Bulldogs: Watching them rise from their slumber would unify the south west of Sydney and capture everyone's imagination. A return to coffs round and talk of another salary cap breach would be great for the game.
7. Manly: Need to step it up and really become the team everyone loves to hate again. Needs a shiny new Brookie and a flirt with the Bears just to spice things up.
8. Titans: I feel for their fan, because it's sad seeing a great stadium being put to waste while in a great location our game isn't advertised in a tourist hot spot. Tragic really.
9. Cowboys: I miss JT's laugh and without them, who does the Broncos have to compete with? If the Broncos don't make the top 8 then whose bandwagon will they get on?
10. Warriors: Don't really add much to the game inside New Zealand who prefer to watch the other Rugby cos they don't suck at it.
11. Panthers: For a club who boasts a huge junior base they aren't really rivals to anyone outside of the Eels and Tigers. I wish they would become a gritty club just to add some spice to the rest of the comp in Sydney.
12. Raiders: How the hell anyone likes this club is beyond me. They do things their own way and get all the spotlight from the media.
13: Knights: Watching them is like watching neighbours, everyone knows and nobody gives a shit. Why do I feel like a milkshake right now?
14. Eels: The attention whores have had way too much spotlight and seeing the acne gone from their young side will be a pleasure as they disappear into the obscurity of their shiny new stadium.
15. Tigers: Had way too much success recently and are the side everyone loves to point the finger at and say haha whenever they get screwed over by a bad call.
16, Dragons: All their fans do is whinge about their bald coach. 1 premiership is enough! ( the other 15 don't count like tries from kicks). Deserve to be relegated into NSW cup so Perth can actually add something to the NRL.
Separate names with a comma.